Emily Blunt Is Out And Scarlett Johannson To Play Black Widow In Iron Man 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scarjo being awful in the spirit wasn't really her fault at all. EVERYONE and EVERYTHING in that "movie" was friggin godawful. blame the "director" frank whatsisface. complete incompetent. he should've stuck to comic books. because he didn't, he's lost all geek credibility in my book. :banghead

Not everything in that movie was awful. I thought Eva Mendez's booty was pretty awesome:monkey3

Last edited:
If hotness is the main thing looked for in a role, then I guess Johanssen fits the bill. (Although I'm not a good judge of female hotness, I suppose Malin Ackerman in Watchmen fit the bill, but then everytime she opened her mouth, I was pulled out of the film.) Haven't been impressed at all with what Johanssen has done so far. Maybe she WILL be directed to do some acting, but I will not hold my breath, especially with this genre.

The sad thing is that her being in this role will have broad consequences, as it has the potential to "take us out of the movie," and to be too distracted by her crappy performance to treat anything else even remotely seriously.

I don't necessarily think she is a bad actress. I thought she was fine in her roles in Translation, Ghost World, the Man Who Wasn't There, and Match Point. But Black Widow is something far different from any of those characters, and I can only imagine her being comical at best.

bad decision!....I just can't picture her as Black Widow!...that's soo mess up!...her face better not be in the Avengers!.....worst episode ever!

Well...whatever anyone thinks, good or bad, she's been cast.

There's nothing anyone here can do about it. Except jump on the internet and b!tc4 about it. :lol

We're good at that.

I was hoping someone would be able to show evidence that she'd be good in this role. Let's hope she surprises us all.

bad decision!....I just can't picture her as Black Widow!...that's soo mess up!...her face better not be in the Avengers!.....worst episode ever!

Well, supposedly she has the same type of multi-picture deal that Sam Jackson has - so I'd expect to see her in Avengers.

Two Words. Heath Ledger.

People cried bloody murder about his casting even saying he didn't have the acting chops. Now? There are people who have online petitions to have no one else play The Joker. I say you know she will be eye candy so let's just wait and see the film before screaming that she shouldn't be near the property.

Two Words. Heath Ledger.

People cried bloody murder about his casting even saying he didn't have the acting chops. Now? There are people who have online petitions to have no one else play The Joker. I say you know she will be eye candy so let's just wait and see the film before screaming that she shouldn't be near the property.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Two Words. Heath Ledger.

:lecture Excellent post Mike.

i just watched woody allen's vicky cristina barcelona and i thought scarjo was quite good in it, actually.

and i still can't figure out why penelope cruz was awarded an oscar for her role in this. it was nothing special.

I like Scarlet Johanson personally. She definately has the body to pull off Black Widow, and I think she is a much better actress then people give her credit for!

The problem with this choice is she does not look Russian or Slavic. She looks Nordic. They should have cast Olga. She looks the part. Heath Ledger did not have to look like he was from a certain country.

Well, supposedly she has the same type of multi-picture deal that Sam Jackson has - so I'd expect to see her in Avengers.

oh, crap!.....i hope the character gets blown to pieces early in the movie!...they might say she's Yelena, not Natasha, the original BW!:D

Back