Statue Embrace Japan STREET FIGHTER II Trading Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah these will come in individual boxes but I don't think it will be like Bearbrick or Lego where you don't get everything in a box.

I hope it's not like that where it's incomplete.

As far as I know it's all 12 in a set box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my bad it's 12 designs not 10, but i did encounter before these sort of trading figures where i don't get the complete set of "Normal" figures and get an extra.

A typical way these would be done is the include a standard assortment in each case/box (of say, 8 distinct figures in a case of 12), with more popular figures (anticipated) released in greater numbers. This is how Medicom handled their blind box Kubricks (they would typically also insert rare chase figures into the mix), and is how DST also handles blind bagged Minimates. That works best if you're selling something at retail, but this is far preferable to most collectors, unless army builders are included.

:lol. That dead Yamcha is funny.

expensive too, for that type of figure nobody would buy. I hear they are releasing a 2nd figure for this line-up, not sure who it is though.

I also like that Ultraman Salaryman lineup.

BOBI_SalarymanHero23.jpg

only fun people buy these kind of stuffs.

A typical way these would be done is the include a standard assortment in each case/box (of say, 8 distinct figures in a case of 12), with more popular figures (anticipated) released in greater numbers. This is how Medicom handled their blind box Kubricks (they would typically also insert rare chase figures into the mix), and is how DST also handles blind bagged Minimates. That works best if you're selling something at retail, but this is far preferable to most collectors, unless army builders are included.

not sure bearbricks you get all the standards in 1 case though. i know they have like 1:96 secret bears/kubricks.

At least with Kubricks, there was a system to that. And the 1:48 chases. If you could get ahold of X number of consecutive cases, you could ensure that you would get all of the chases. Only problem is that it would cost around $500 just to get all of those, and then you would have to go through the burden of selling off all of the commons. But cheaper than forking over $100-200 per rare chase.

At least with Kubricks, there was a system to that. And the 1:48 chases. If you could get ahold of X number of consecutive cases, you could ensure that you would get all of the chases. Only problem is that it would cost around $500 just to get all of those, and then you would have to go through the burden of selling off all of the commons. But cheaper than forking over $100-200 per rare chase.

but it's not possible to get consecutive cases, unless you get from Factory, by the time it's distributed it'd be totally random.

so in the end you might need more than 5 cases.

but i don't see how hard it'd be to offload them since you will definitely get few sets of complete standard, those extras can be sold alone, in packs etc and you have full complete collection, and get to keep the carton boxes too which makes a good display. might be hard now since kubrick is not popular anymore.

There were certain retailers were you could make sure you were getting consecutive cases. The problem isn't selling per se, but trying to get a decent amount of money in doing so. I had a ***** of a time selling a full set of Predator Minimates from the blind bags recently. I ultimately got less per-figure than I paid for the case as a whole.

my bad it's 12 designs not 10, but i did encounter before these sort of trading figures where i don't get the complete set of "Normal" figures and get an extra.

That's alright. I know exactly what you mean.
I hate it when they do that.

Or their other method is to ship a full set plus extras that no one wants. Neca and Mcfarlane does that all the time. So when shops split the items up, you still end up a figure or two short.

Whilst we on the talk about bearbricks. Some sellers over here in HK have the system pretty much locked down. They know not how many small cases to get, but rather get a full crate of those and know where the secret chases are, where they will be placed within that crate without opening a single case at all.

It's crazy. They make a crap ton selling the rare ones off.

Preordered a set been waiting for these to go up. If they are the blind bag and not a full set maybe we can get some trading going on here.

There were certain retailers were you could make sure you were getting consecutive cases. The problem isn't selling per se, but trying to get a decent amount of money in doing so. I had a ***** of a time selling a full set of Predator Minimates from the blind bags recently. I ultimately got less per-figure than I paid for the case as a whole.

well, minimates aren't as valuable as the Japanese Kubricks, or Legos. they don't look as good too proportionally speaking.

Whilst we on the talk about bearbricks. Some sellers over here in HK have the system pretty much locked down. They know not how many small cases to get, but rather get a full crate of those and know where the secret chases are, where they will be placed within that crate without opening a single case at all.

It's crazy. They make a crap ton selling the rare ones off.

well, i know you can do it with x-rays, but knowing exactly where they are located, either they bribed the factory workers or the secret has extra weights.

btw how does a full crate looks like? i've only seen as much as 1 full case. just few cases with a brown shipper box?

Preordered a set been waiting for these to go up. If they are the blind bag and not a full set maybe we can get some trading going on here.

yea, but might be more expensive depending on the distance.

not everyone lives in China and can afford to send a packet out for $0.30. yes, $0.30, or maybe less. here it cost more than $0.30 to send a letter or greeting card locally...

i once bought a metal watch pin remover for $1.50 postage included.

well, i know you can do it with x-rays, but knowing exactly where they are located, either they bribed the factory workers or the secret has extra weights.

btw how does a full crate looks like? i've only seen as much as 1 full case. just few cases with a brown shipper box?

haha beats me.

Just some of the stories I hear here locally. They have been selling the stuff for so long, they just know where, when, how and all that stuff just by nature now.
They open these up so much they just know by patterns and placements by heart.

I only collect a few bearbricks if they look nice, but luckily im not fully into that stuff. It costs so much for that hobby. lol

haha beats me.

Just some of the stories I hear here locally. They have been selling the stuff for so long, they just know where, when, how and all that stuff just by nature now.
They open these up so much they just know by patterns and placements by heart.

I only collect a few bearbricks if they look nice, but luckily im not fully into that stuff. It costs so much for that hobby. lol

kubricks are way better than bearbricks. cost more to make because most parts are custom made and they look unique to one another. too bad they decided to cut the kubrick lineup.

kubricks are way better than bearbricks. cost more to make because most parts are custom made and they look unique to one another. too bad they decided to cut the kubrick lineup.

Times are changing. They moved on from kubricks long time ago.

Now they are doing the ones with rabbit ears and cat ears.

Must say they done very well for all this time.

rabbit ear cat ears? i'm missing something.

Yeah the rabbit types are called R@BBRICK and a few of them are already out in the open. As for the cat ones, they are still in development, but I remember seeing them in recent event photos.

Back