Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways, PC people should check out the lush trees and grass mod... makes the forests much more full and lively... no more wimpy trees and small grass patches.

TESV2012-01-0901-49-30-76.jpg

In other words, if you wan't Skyrim to look like a final fantasy RPG. Get a 1500$+ PC, if you could care less, just play it on whatever you have.

The lush grass/trees only changes the size of meshes. The textures and colors are all default "Skyrim". I guess it would've helped if only landscape photos were taken haha.

Upping the grass meshes doesn't effect performance either, which is great. Trees may hurt FPS maybe like 5 frames or less.

Anyways, all it does it make forests actually look like freakin' forests. You should feel surrounded when you enter a field of trees and wildlife.... not clearly see the other side of the land. That's just me I guess (and the 34,000 downloads it recieved already). All I was saying was to check it out, not force anyone to do it. Thought it was nice, and maybe some PC guys might like it too.

You could easily build a sub $700 PC and run Skyrim great... like I said, don't buy a laptop to game if your concern is money.

/end srs post

Last edited:
So far the only mod I've used is skyboost, getting a steady 60 fps as compared to before when I was getting only around 35 to 40 fps.

Haven't tried any visual mods cos I just want to play Skyrim as it was intended. Maybe if I start on my 2nd character, I would try them.

I heard there is a mod to make your horse stop attacking enemies, will definitely want to try that as I hate it when my Horse tries to attack Dragons & bears etc...(seriously? a normal horse would have ran away)

As for laptop gaming, I agree its not worth it. My friend has a Sager and heat issues sometimes cause problems for certain games. As if the laptop isnt heavy enough, he had to buy a cooling pad for it.

I read somewhere that as your save files get bigger (more complex with more game content having being interacted with, e.g. dead bodies, moved items, etc.), some folks are experiencing FPS loss and performance issues. Seems like I am starting to feel some of that. Now I randomly have slow downs that take about 15-30 seconds to clear up. Usually instantly fixed with a save and load, but still annoying as hell...My save file is about 100 hours, level 38.

I read somewhere that as your save files get bigger (more complex with more game content having being interacted with, e.g. dead bodies, moved items, etc.), some folks are experiencing FPS loss and performance issues. Seems like I am starting to feel some of that. Now I randomly have slow downs that take about 15-30 seconds to clear up. Usually instantly fixed with a save and load, but still annoying as hell...My save file is about 100 hours, level 38.

Believe that problem is primarily on the PS3

Well, I am at lvl 81 and pretty much kill everything with one shot so the fun is finally failing, but wow what a ride. Easily the best RPG I have ever played, I would hold back from my GOTY vote though for all the ridiculous bugs Bethesda let ride. I have six quests in my journal that cannot be completed and I was never able to finish the Companions quests, plus all the ridiculous other annoying issues that really sapped the game's greatness. Overall I would give it a 90 out of a hundred...

I thought the level cap was at 80?

Anyways, this game is too much fun it should be illegal.

I google it and found this.

"The game imposes a soft cap at level 50. Past level 50, leveling up happens much more slowly. The theoretical level cap (maximum level) is level 81, reached by increasing all skills to 100.(tested with player.advskill console cheat)

One implication of the leveling system is that although it is possible to create a character with 100 in all skills, it is not possible for one character to unlock all skill perks. There are more than 250 total skill perks (including multi-point perks), but only around 80+20 (80 perks from leveling plus around 20 possible perks from quests) of them can be unlocked by any given character."

Here's that chicks solo/guitar redeux of the Dragonborn theme combined with the official commercial video. Combined it's amazing.

Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJw2R-dtxQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

As much as I enjoy that song, it doesn't mesh well with that video at all. It's very obvious the two weren't made together to begin with. Still 10/10 on that song, though.

Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvRRn0zhqpo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Back