Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finally getting some glitches that are ____ing up quests. :mad:

For this one quest in Markarth, an Imperial recruiter keeps popping up asking me to join the legion(I've already joined the legion! I ended the war!). In his place should be a guard looking to arrest me.

in choosing a side, which is better? imperial or stormcloak? :dunno

Was wondering the same thing last night, so I googled it. Found a lot of interesting views. Here's one that pretty much sums it up and me me decide to join the Imperials.

"Anyway just to clarify for the people who actually like to make choices based on their real life ideologies, here’s a little note:

During the “Thalmor Embassy Quest” if you actually read the documents you can find in there, you realize that Ulfric and the entire Stormcloaks are actually puppets of the Thalmor and are (directly or indirectly – it is not made clear) supported by the Thalmor.

This is due to the fact that although the general public (of the game, and even us as players) come to believe the Imperials are Thalmor dogs, they are actually starting to reject the Thalmor and becoming a threat. Therefore the Stormcloaks, and specifically Ulfric have now become an “asset” to the Thalmor, and are being used to overthrow the stronger Imperials (for a reason not made clear; not yet anyway) Also this is all from journals and some dialogs you find in the embassy…

However it seems that the followers of Ulfric are not aware of this, and whether or not this is done directly through Ulfric is also unclear. (so there is the possibility that the Thalmor support Ulfric indirectly so he does not realize that he’s being played by them)

Regardless, the Thalmor ARE secretly helping the Stormcloaks, while making most people believe the Imperials are their dogs to increase hate and opposition towards the Imperials.

In other words the civil war is just a means to an end for the Thalmor, by ensuring or at least attempting to bring the Stormcloaks into power, they (and i’m speculating based on info within the game lore) plan on breaking the Legion in order to reduce resistance for what ever it is they plan!

Ironically this seems to have a huge resemblance to real world politics!" :p

thanks toylion and zachw117. i've been reading some and found some interesting points on both sides.....guess i'll just see how thing play out but im honestly leaning towards the imperials even though they tried to cut off my head.

thanks toylion and zachw117. i've been reading some and found some interesting points on both sides.....guess i'll just see how thing play out but im honestly leaning towards the imperials even though they tried to cut off my head.

I also read if you're anything but a Nord, the Stormcloaks talk a lot of crap about you when you go to join up. Especially if your a Dark Elf or a Redguard.

I also read if you're anything but a Nord, the Stormcloaks talk a lot of crap about you when you go to join up. Especially if your a Dark Elf or a Redguard.

Yeah, I'm a woodelf and when I went to join you could hear talk about why they don't need an elf to join up.

i'm a nord so should probably stick to the stormcloakes but yeah they talk crap about the dark elves maybe thats one of the reasons im leaning towards imperial.

I chose the Imperials for my first go around because Ulfric is one of the worst acted/written characters I've seen in a video game. He has absolutely no personality.

My first play through I was a Nord, so I went with their way of life.

This run I'm an elf, so I went Imperial.

I found both endings just meh. Their missions are pretty fun though.

Caved and installed a mod and used some console commands. Was going to wait until the first run completely before modding but Aela has tempted me way too long.

NSFW, please be 18+
https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594706251617083548/B779FFD150A9DFD1B0757550D13E3E7B9C8312CF/

I think visual mods are perfectly fine to do. As I don't see it "altering the intended gameplay."
Otherwise I wouldn't be enjoying the game half as much as I'm doing now.

Got the ebony armor retexture, Buster Sword, face smoothing, and Lightning hair mod going on.

TESV2012-01-0323-47-49-31.jpg

TESV2012-01-0323-48-06-54.jpg

I used to be a male character, but they're so hideous... with not many mods to create a better looking one. And the male versions of armor pales in comparison to the female stuff (look at how awkward the proportions are for the male full ebony armor, yuck). So female it is!

Last edited:
80 hours of play, and I'm just now starting to get burned out.

That's a good thing.

I'm almost 90 hours now I think and I've almost completed the main quest line. Starting to feel a little burnt out now and I definitely got my moneys worth for this game :yess:

Back