Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't there some in game option for you to add facial tattoos? Sounds a bit heavy going having to replay just to change how your character looks.

Not from what l know, once you start for the rest of the game you can't change your character. l think in these games they should add a barber shop or something where you can change your hair, scars, paint and stuff. My OCD kicked in l guess, l wasn't really happy his face being too clean.:lol

I dunno if there is a character customization within the bulk of the game. Do you really have to restart to add a tattoo or get a shave and a haircut? I am curious about this as well. :dunno

Not for consoles. In Fallout 3 there was one part in the middle of the game where a guy in a vault asks if you want a hair cut and you could change things, but that was only once.

Not from what l know, once you start for the rest of the game you can't change your character. l think in these games they should add a barber shop or something where you can change your hair, scars, paint and stuff. My OCD kicked in l guess, l wasn't really happy his face being too clean.:lol

Not for consoles. In Fallout 3 there was one part in the middle of the game where a guy in a vault asks if you want a hair cut and you could change things, but that was only once.

Wow, that is sort of unfortunate. I had just assumed that surely there would be a barber shop or something somewhere like in WoW. I'm generally happy with my characters appearance thankfully, but I'll keep it in mind when I make a new character.

Semi related to this though, I've had a damn arrow stuck in my character's chest for a few hours now. Here is a pic:

GEDC2273.jpg

I've tried changing armor, sleeping, waiting, un-equiping and re-equiping my arrows, and fast traveling, but the damn thing is still there. Sort of distracting from my third person role-play experience. Anybody know how to get it out?

Oh, and does anybody know how to marry:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Got to level 11. Weapon racks/plaques glitched again. Starting over for a 4TH ____ing time!

What is the weapon rack/ plaque glitch? I think so far my PC version has been rather perfect. Only thing I saw was a mammoth spawning from the sky and falling to its death instantly. And of course, followers can get launched into space by giants but somehow magically appear after a little wait.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ok I am happy with my character, but I was thinking about adding some war paint... so onward as is then. :)

Spoiler Spoiler:
It's glitched on the 360 but you can do it on the PC via console commands.

Pretty sure there was a robot in Fallout 3 that could at least change your hair at any time. If I recall correctly he lived in your house.

I can't recall any appearance alterers in Oblivion.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just googled it and apparently she is bugged and can't be married. I'm curious if anybody has been able to to. Hopefully they'll fix it in a patch. I'm going to try your last suggestion anyway though.

It's glitched on the 360 but you can do it on the PC via console commands.

Ah, okay.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What is the weapon rack/ plaque glitch? I think so far my PC version has been rather perfect. Only thing I saw was a mammoth spawning from the sky and falling to its death instantly. And of course, followers can get launched into space by giants but somehow magically appear after a little wait.

It doesn't give you the option to mount/place your weapon on them.

Kidd, are you playing the Xbox, PS3, or PC? My weapon racks never worked from the get go. I'm playing on Xbox, my brother has it on PS3 and he has never had a problem with them.

I'm on xbox. But the second character I created they worked fine . . . so it must be random. Hope they patch it.

Yeah in Fallout 3 (and New Vegas) there were various characters who could perform haircuts/beard stylings.

It is very odd that you can't change the character look at all in the game.

Yeah in Fallout 3 (and New Vegas) there were various characters who could perform haircuts/beard stylings.

It is very odd that you can't change the character look at all in the game.

That's one of the glaring flaws in this game. I can't understand why they would force you to stick with your initial decision....

Just 1 shot a giant and mammoth with sneak dual dagger power attack...love it...kinda OP but for the record I was doing it at 2am and had still had a hard time getting behind the mammoth without getting detected (had to use the terrain / shadows to full extent). I think the dual dagger power attack is actually a 3 hit combo.

Last edited:
Semi related to this though, I've had a damn arrow stuck in my character's chest for a few hours now. Here is a pic:

GEDC2273.jpg

I've tried changing armor, sleeping, waiting, un-equiping and re-equiping my arrows, and fast traveling, but the damn thing is still there. Sort of distracting from my third person role-play experience. Anybody know how to get it out?

The only way for the arrow to disappear is to get shot by more arrows. Go find someone to shoot you a few times and they should all go away.

Wow, that is sort of unfortunate. I had just assumed that surely there would be a barber shop or something somewhere like in WoW. I'm generally happy with my characters appearance thankfully, but I'll keep it in mind when I make a new character.

GEDC2273.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

:1-1:

I had the same problem dude, but I had 2 arrows, one in the neck (same as you) and 1 in the waist. :monkey2

I was advised to swim in the water, but that did'nt work for me :(

Solution: Load other save where you had'nt the arrow sticked if this bother you so much of course

The only way for the arrow to disappear is to get shot by more arrows. Go find someone to shoot you a few times and they should all go away.

Ah, I see, will do. Thanks for the advice.

Dally, I'm sorry to say I found your problem hilarious.

I found it funny too for the first hour, but when I realized it wasn't coming out I got a little nervous. :lol

Back