Elder Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, P1 & P2 wasn't screen accurate as well. here are some more pics.
u7e8ana5.jpg

vymurevy.jpg

rarady7e.jpg

eharu2y9.jpg

gazehuta.jpg

Stan Winston must have taken the rights to Mandibles to his grave. Not one company can replicate it.

This is not bad but it's not great either. The masked hunter is the better bust by far.

Not screen accurate, but did we expect it to be? It's a nice looking bust regardless. I'm just hoping as hard as I possibly can hope that the take the time and gather plenty of reference for the inevitable masked P2 LSB!!!

This is the only shot that makes the colours look OK - but those large mandibles - way WAAY too thick :slap (* again *)

It's the same as with the P2 maquette - it's not that it has to be 1200% screen accurate - but a decent representation would be nice.

We're not talking 1990's garage-kits for goodness sake - these are licenced, mass-produced (supposedly) high-quality pieces.

Their production designer should be hung, drawn & halved (quartered is going a bit too far).

pic i took of it
10570392_10152345253108565_3433055486980048476_n.jpg

the side angles and the ones looking up aren't bad. Yea, it's not bad or great, but there are way too many GREAT pieces I would rather order, so unfortunately, still a pass. Would love to see all of them lined up next to each other though.

This is the only shot that makes the colours look OK - but those large mandibles - way WAAY too thick :slap (* again *)

It's the same as with the P2 maquette - it's not that it has to be 1200% screen accurate - but a decent representation would be nice.

We're not talking 1990's garage-kits for goodness sake - these are licenced, mass-produced (supposedly) high-quality pieces.

Their production designer should be hung, drawn & halved (quartered is going a bit too far).

Even those 4 smaller tusks on his lower mandible are too big. Well, 2 of them are too big.
Sideshow did a better job of this on their 1/5 statue:

200214-elder-predator-007.jpg

Looks good to me...not as accurate as the P2 LSB, but not nearly as inaccurate as the P1 LSB. Sculpt wise.

I get that people know we won't get "accurate" but I feel Predator mandibles are THE most important thing to get right on any Predator piece. So much so that it's the first thing I look at. I don't know about anyone else but when I look at the original Predators (from the first movies), I feel like I'm looking at old friends, I recognise them.

Then when you look at these I'm like "Well that's not him".

Another thing (which is understandable) is that he's does not look old. The paint looks vibrant and not weathered. Maybe I'm just too demanding...?

The eye's though are very good, they look like glass instead of painted. Best eye's I've seen on a Predator bust.

What collectibles have I picked apart for the tiniest flaws? :dunno

I just don't think this looks bad. I'm not as familiar with the P2 elder's facial design as some other predators, but I can tell the general head shape is accurate for the most part. It's not super tall and cartoonishly stretched out like the unmasked P1 LSB.

What collectibles have I picked apart for the tiniest flaws? :dunno

I just don't think this looks bad. I'm not as familiar with the P2 elder's facial design as some other predators, but I can tell the general head shape is accurate for the most part. It's not super tall and cartoonishly stretched out like the unmasked P1 LSB.

So the P1 is cartoonish and this one I'd good to go? I love you Bro... :monkey3

I get that people know we won't get "accurate" but I feel Predator mandibles are THE most important thing to get right on any Predator piece. So much so that it's the first thing I look at. I don't know about anyone else but when I look at the original Predators (from the first movies), I feel like I'm looking at old friends, I recognise them.

Then when you look at these I'm like "Well that's not him".

Another thing (which is understandable) is that he's does not look old. The paint looks vibrant and not weathered. Maybe I'm just too demanding...?

The eye's though are very good, they look like glass instead of painted. Best eye's I've seen on a Predator bust.

You got it - perfect summation.

I'll add to "Mr. Thrifty's" comment on another thread - I'm now thinking of this as the "Staypuff'd Marshmallow Elder" (or the "Mr. Blobby Elder" for the UK folks).

Definitely. I even remember some people comparing it's exaggerated head shape with this cartoon guy:

megamind_1110-md.jpg

2000861_press02-001.jpg

silly goose! That's who the P2 Bio was made for.. Common now?!!

im still waiting for someone to figure out the character that Elder looks like.. I can't figure it out but it's on the edge of my brain...

Back