Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY enthusiasm is waning...one of front cannons is broken....and the stand is unbelievably wobbly, I think the screw was drilled into the post crooked.....maybe its time for a new hobby.

MY enthusiasm is waning...one of front cannons is broken....and the stand is unbelievably wobbly, I think the screw was drilled into the post crooked.....maybe its time for a new hobby.

A few days back I was excited that we had turned a corner with eFX, but clearly they are the most useless, cheap-assed, greedy, careless company ever to wear the Star Wars brand.

Sorry to hear your pain Rage. If mine arrives damaged I will be (beyond) furious. 3 year wait - "to get it right" - only to fark it up through cheap manufacturing and shipping...

Extremely Frustrating eXperiences... guaranteed every time.

Sorry to hear about this :( I hoped at least this time everything will be close to perfection. It isn't the case alas. The TIE is one of the most expected licensed item for me.

Extremely Frustrating eXperiences... unfortunately so true for some collectors. Glad at least my Vader helmet was in perfect shape, but now I'm going to wait trembling for the TIE. :slap

I have no worries for an item from a unlicensed creator to arrive in perfect shape. Neither for a Sideshow item, because if damaged it will be replaced fast. But I started to worry a lot for eFX items.

WTH happened to this hobby? :thud:

okok calm down before you give yourself a nervous breakdown :)

To efx credit, the packaging is pretty well down. So you have a decent chance of receiving a good item. Just have to be extremely careful when installing this thing, because the assembly design coupled with the decision to use plastic is completely retarded. All those little details on the wings/cap are all fragile plastic and/or polystone, so even the slightest force/rubbing against another piece they will break.

also make sure everything is nice and tight before you put the wing cap on, because once it's on you cant take it off...

Sorry to hear about this :( I hoped at least this time everything will be close to perfection. It isn't the case alas. The TIE is one of the most expected licensed item for me.

Extremely Frustrating eXperiences... unfortunately so true for some collectors. Glad at least my Vader helmet was in perfect shape, but now I'm going to wait trembling for the TIE. :slap

I have no worries for an item from a unlicensed creator to arrive in perfect shape. Neither for a Sideshow item, because if damaged it will be replaced fast. But I started to worry a lot for eFX items.

WTH happened to this hobby? :thud:

eFX is what has happened.

Still waiting on my email asking for the remaining payment. Anyone else not gotten theirs? I ordered within the first 5 minutes it went up for sale.

:dunno

okok calm down before you give yourself a nervous breakdown :)

To efx credit, the packaging is pretty well down. So you have a decent chance of receiving a good item. Just have to be extremely careful when installing this thing, because the assembly design coupled with the decision to use plastic is completely retarded. All those little details on the wings/cap are all fragile plastic and/or polystone, so even the slightest force/rubbing against another piece they will break.

also make sure everything is nice and tight before you put the wing cap on, because once it's on you cant take it off...

I like your optimism, it seems you indeed are an eFx newbie. ;) You should see how "well down" the packaging is on the Vader helmet and they still arrived with damages. Just imagine you need to move to another place, or that you need to resell this TIE. Are you 100% you will be able to take off the wings without damaging them? Or just imagine the hassle of replacement of a damaged item/part for an international customer. A lot of fun...

I like your optimism, it seems you indeed are an eFx newbie. ;) You should see how "well down" the packaging is on the Vader helmet and they still arrived with damages. Just imagine you need to move to another place, or that you need to resell this TIE. Are you 100% you will be able to take off the wings without damaging them? Or just imagine the hassle of replacement of a damaged item/part for an international customer. A lot of fun...

i was just trying to make you feel better :wave mine arrived with a damaged wing, i am going through redford film to try get it resolved. We will see what happens :monkey4

The-worst-Stormtrooper-in-the-world_gallery_primary.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear some are having issues
As for mine, it's perfect and no issues.
After 2 x-wings and a few new ST buckets, this new Tie, and seeing how nicely they are done and packaged I have no issues getting more props from them in the future. They are massive and detailed.
I'm no longer a die hard SW fans so not having the Vader stuff is not an issue but I'm sorry to hear about your issues

i was just trying to make you feel better :wave mine arrived with a damaged wing, i am going through redford film to try get it resolved. We will see what happens :monkey4

I don't really need certain forum members to make me feel better, especially with phrases like in your #306 post ;)

Anyway good luck with replacing your TIE wing.

Well mine arrived today, and thank God, it's in 99.9% perfect condition.

The only thing I've noticed that's not right (or maybe it is), the decals on the front right side of the cockpit (if you're looking directly at it) are upside down and trailing off on an angle? Maybe that's how everyone else's is? Can't find any photos that are close enough to definitely tell.

As for the wings; yep, they're a slight pain in the butt, but I simply made sure the screws stayed on the original side they were on (screwed them in and out a few times to "loosen" them) and then I held the wing away from the cockpit chassis and started the screw on its path. Then, as it tightened up, the thread was already good, so it simply pulled the wing into position. By doing this I was able to use either wing, on either side, in either direction.

The caps are also super-tight, so I've used a very fine sand paper to scrape the paint off the inside of the wing (an area that will never been seen); and good to go.

So, after 3 & 1/2 years since the prototype was revealed at SDCC 2009, was it worth the wait? Have eFX achieved what they set out to do?

Yes... and then some.

eFX have stepped up and delivered the (hands-down) best mass-produced SS Tie Fighter ever made. Period. The detail is superb; finishing is excellent and (unlike the woeful X-Wing version), the base is beautiful. Obviously, I couldn't be happier with how this turned out.

However, after saying all that, I can honestly say it's an end of an era for me. eFX have got my last dollar. The inconceivable delays, false expectations, QC issues and appalling customer service, have really taken the wind out of my collecting sails and I no longer enjoy the (high-end) hobby. I've (pretty much) got everything I've ever wanted, so with the exception of a few pre-orders, my collecting days are done.

To all you more patient and forgiven collectors, I wish you all the best with future pieces and sincerely hope eFX manage to get on top of all their issues and deliver you guys the service you truly deserve, as loyal, dedicated customers.

I am so glad I cancelled my pre order of this as it looks horrible.

If Hot Toys can make an enormous and amazing 1/6 scale replica of the Batmans Tumbler and I can get it to Australia all for under $530 AUD then there is no excuse for the price on this thing.

But I'm very happy that at least a few fellow freaks got this with no problems (or near enough considering eFX)

I am so glad I cancelled my pre order of this as it looks horrible.

If Hot Toys can make an enormous and amazing 1/6 scale replica of the Batmans Tumbler and I can get it to Australia all for under $530 AUD then there is no excuse for the price on this thing.

But I'm very happy that at least a few fellow freaks got this with no problems (or near enough considering eFX)

Damn good point. Never thought of that. And you're right - the Tumbler is phenomenal quality/build/everything!

I don't want to be eFX advocate here - some people know what I mean, but SW licensing fees might be a bit more than Batman. Then we know eFX is into prop replicas (in this case a studio scale) and HT is not really, thus maybe another licensing issue. This also could mean a difference in accuracy. We all know eFX TIE Fighter is quite accurate, even without windows and with the unpainted pilot. I'm not sure how accurate is the Tumbler, but I don't think it is studio scale, neither made from original molds. Still the eFX TIE has a lower price than other studio scales out there, Star Wars or not, made by some other companies (QMX for example).

I don't want to be eFX advocate here - some people know what I mean, but SW licensing fees might be a bit more than Batman. Then we know eFX is into prop replicas (in this case a studio scale) and HT is not really, thus maybe another licensing issue. This also could mean a difference in accuracy. We all know eFX TIE Fighter is quite accurate, even without windows and with the unpainted pilot. I'm not sure how accurate is the Tumbler, but I don't think it is studio scale, neither made from original molds. Still the eFX TIE has a lower price than other studio scales out there, Star Wars or not, made by some other companies (QMX for example).

No doubt eFX have to pay a kings ransom in licensing fees but from what I have read, the amount of engineering Hot Toys put into the tumbler was quite simply astounding. No other company would have dared make a product like that.

Huge, multiple moving parts, 10 LEDs and from most accounts pretty damn accurate as well, apart from a small concession made to a compartment to hold the batteries.

I just can't shake the feeling of "is that it" when I look at the eFX TIE Fighter considering the amount of time taken.

Last edited:
Back