Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it :lecture

I'm also more into accurate replica's than idealized.. I was happy that eFX decided to include the original harrier ''hybride'' pilot instead of the more idealized Gentle Giant pilot..

I also wish that the eFX had original koolshade solar wings but as you mentioned that's not possible, but eFX did make a digital scan of an original koolshade piece..

guess i just have to agree to disagree with you guys, how is this an exact replica? is it done using the same material? no, is it painted by the same team? no it was painted in some chinese factory by a bunch kids. So what makes it so special as exact same replica? The only thing is the mold casting, but there is no "dents & warts" from the original but issues with tight end cap and wings fitting properly, are those also from exact replica? I think it's all just a bunch of hot air you guys made up.

I get the concept clearly now about prop replica, this is not it.

Only QMX and Weta items can be called true proper replica - handmade from the same movie mold, by the same artist, using the same material... ie qmx dr who master artisan screwdriver handmade by mr robatto himself, or the weta bilbo contract handmade by the same artist who did the movie version using the same material including the wax seal & sewing the pages together...those are prop replicas..

So lets not kid ourselves with this true collector prop replica nonsense, for something like this - a decent quality spaceship mass produced in some chinese factory, might as well add in the window and paint the pilot/cockpit to make it look nicer, because it's not a prop replica any true collector on "a different level" would own - like those collectors you guys mentioned who only want 100% movie accurate props

edit: ambasah, this is just my rant, it's not directed at you personally, you just happen to be the last reply on this :)

I get what you're saying and no offense taken. If you decide to sell yours, shoot me a pm.

I'm also more into accurate replica's than idealized.. I was happy that eFX decided to include the original harrier ''hybride'' pilot instead of the more idealized Gentle Giant pilot..

I also wish that the eFX had original koolshade solar wings but as you mentioned that's not possible, but eFX did make a digital scan of an original koolshade piece..

:hi5: .............

glad we can have a civil discussion around this, my point was the reason given for not having windows or painted interior is because this is a prop replica and suppose to be that way, but in *my* view it really is not a true prop replica - compared to some of the real props as mentioned and the difficulties around it as jkno said..so why not just add in the windows and paint in the interior...to make the ship look nicer, it will still be an accurate ship not idealized version like code 3 ships (which are just awesome)

ambasah, mine has a chipped wing, distributor still waiting to get a response from efx after 4 weeks, going to reach out to them again after the holidays.

Last edited:

Although I don't display my ships with pilots in them, I would have liked to have the swap-out option of either the Harrier version or the Gentle Giant one - mainly because the carrot had already been dangled.

The thing that really pisses me off about the pilot situation is eFX's lack of communication regarding the GG version. They sent out a newsletter email saying as a bonus we are getting the GG pilot, but never was there official word that we weren't - other than the forums.

What if you were a casual collector and ordered the Tie "thinking" you were going to receive the GG only to have the harrier version turn up?

I know it's only a small thing but it epitomizes everything that is wrong with the way eFX deal with their customers.

Personally I wouldn't mind gtoo much if the TIE came without any pilot, as it is not too important to me. But to have both versions would be great, and even better with the option to add/remove them with a magnetic hatch (like Code 3 Vader's TIE hatch).

BTW the MR Millennium Falcon (studio scale), MR Y-Wing (studio scale) and the MR Snowspeeder (3/4 studio scale) all came without windows.

Guys. Did your tie come w a battery?

Can't seem to find mine.

If that is the only issue yours comes with my friend you should get down on bended knee and praise Jeebus! :rotfl

btw, just watched jkno's collection vid on youtube, very impressive indeed!

Last edited:
Got mine in today, I was... apprehensive, given the problems so many have had.

Fortunately, mine's pretty much perfect. One of the LEDs on mine sticks out a little further than the other, and there's a VERY minor mark on one of the wings. About 0.5mm by 2mm, very very shallow. Can't even notice it's their unless you hold it up to the light looking for flaws. So, I feel i've been pretty lucky. :)

No dramas on the assembly, all went together pretty smoothly, wing caps went on using the heel of my palm and moderate pressure. Thanks crap for that.

No battery included though, despite the instructions telling me it was, so haven't been able to check for light leaks around the engine LEDs.

Nice piece, lovely piece, but I don't know if I'd pre-order from efx again. The lack of communication really killed it for me.

Last edited:
Recieved an email from my retailer today that the tie will be ready for shipment next week.

This thing looks amazing! I've been looking and the only scalper, er I mean vendor that has these in stock is Toynk.com. They are a approved vendor on eFXcollectibles.com, but they have marked up this piece $700 above MSRP at $1700!!! Are you kidding me?!?! What are they making, $1000 each? Its appalling and its taking advantage of the customer. I think eFX should be able to control this and dump scalping businesses like Toynk. If anyone knows where I can get one for a reasonable price, lmk.

This thing looks amazing! I've been looking and the only scalper, er I mean vendor that has these in stock is Toynk.com. They are a approved vendor on eFXcollectibles.com, but they have marked up this piece $700 above MSRP at $1700!!! Are you kidding me?!?! What are they making, $1000 each? Its appalling and its taking advantage of the customer. I think eFX should be able to control this and dump scalping businesses like Toynk. If anyone knows where I can get one for a reasonable price, lmk.

As I already said on RS I think if approved eFX (or other company) vendors do things like these, then they are nothing more than scalpers/flippers. This is going to be more sought after than Vader helmets, since those are a ton out there, but studio scale licensed TIEs are only from long dead Icons and this eFX. I looked at the shops I know and all have it sold out :( Good luck in finding the TIE for a reasonable price.

It truly is appalling. This hobby is about the love that we share for Star Wars, movies and comics. It's disgusting that many sellers completely ignore this and take advantage of these people. I know that we can choose if we want to buy or not, but that doesn't change the fact that there are sellers out there hoping for some poor soul to bite. Even if it's 1 of 100 - the seller doesn't care.

Exactly. And unfortunately some people that were late to the game, no matter the reasons, need to pay scalper prices even for some recently released items. Just look at GG Veers fiasco and the "nice" ebay prices. The same here.

My TIE Fighter should ship next week or so, and really glad I got it since I have a special spot for it. Hopefully it won't have the wings attaching problems.

Back