eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes-did the same thing and he is a great guy to order from-he responds quickly to emails, so if you want to work out a payment plan with him, that is the way to go.
Shane said it'll go live on their site tomorrow, but you can try contacting him directly today which is what I did (guessing space ace did the same). Got a good deal for being a repeat customer as well. :) Happy to have my limited bucket secured.

Goes without saying that I also highly recommend Secret Compass. Shane is fantastic to work with and they've never let me down. Always happy to give them my business.

Any sense of what a shipping charge for a helmet typically is within California? Weighing the free shipping option.

Seems like here and on Rebel Scum most are buying the legend.

Interesting. I ordered the limited through my local retailer. I am interested to see how long it takes for both versions to sell out.

Congrats to all members who buy one regardless of which!

Got the legend for 2 reasons. Well 3 -
Many clean kits out there, but no weathered, so this is sort of different.
Really wanted the pistol.
Display base.

What is the expected shipping for these-this October? If I remember correctly, the Vader was delayed over a year, wasn't it?

Ordered a Limited! Now the long wait, for all of us...

And the creeping, gnawing desire to pick up a Limited Vader while I have the chance(for a not outrageous price). This could be an expensive day :slap

Think I'm going to go the Limited from a reseller, as the taxes will be a bit less, plus it's fibreglass. The legend might be a hassle to import into the UK what with the prop blaster and all , I could see some nitwit at customs taking issue with that. Looks like they are moving pretty quick though, think they'll do well in the after market.

Tempted by the legend, the display should look nice with the blaster and all but I just like the clean version a lot better. So I ordered the limited. I'm really looking forward to getting this!

Ordered a Limited! Now the long wait, for all of us...

And the creeping, gnawing desire to pick up a Limited Vader while I have the chance(for a not outrageous price). This could be an expensive day :slap

long wait??? you must new....

on a side note, i just cant tolerate this price. MR helmets were $399 now all of a sudden these helmets are $699 and up?? No. this is too much. I dont care if they are hand crafted by Ewoks. The collectible industry is running amuck with ridiculous price hikes every time I turn around. As much as I want this, NEED this, I'm not spending 7 Bills on a plastic helmet. The MR Fett was $425 I think, and that was a lot. these eFx people got some serious sack. I dont care they only work part time or whatever. that they are 4 people hiding in a bunker in their spare time, only when its cloudy and even numbered days.....it sucks to be priced out of something you used to be able to afford. :(

Last edited:
If you can swing it, pick up a Vader Limited-thing is epic-I think some shops still have it available...
It's done. Ordered one a few hours after ordering the Scout. That's the store I'd been looking at, even. Thanks for the tip anyhow though :)

Black Label: I know, this wait isn't long by some comparisons. I meant long in how waiting for something you want but can't get yet is always long.

I also hear you on the pricing. I know in my case the Efx Vaders were well out of my budget when they came out, hence my waiting till today to finally spring for one. I also know I'm not one of those who could afford to have a room full of such things. But I have a good portion of what I've always wanted now, with a few things left. After that, well... I know how addictive it is to keep accumulating more, but I'll have to fight it, at least for now.

It's done. Ordered one a few hours after ordering the Scout. That's the store I'd been looking at, even. Thanks for the tip anyhow though :)

Black Label: I know, this wait isn't long by some comparisons. I meant long in how waiting for something you want but can't get yet is always long.

I also hear you on the pricing. I know in my case the Efx Vaders were well out of my budget when they came out, hence my waiting till today to finally spring for one. I also know I'm not one of those who could afford to have a room full of such things. But I have a good portion of what I've always wanted now, with a few things left. After that, well... I know how addictive it is to keep accumulating more, but I'll have to fight it, at least for now.

for me its not about it being too expensive for my income or space to display. its about principle. i do not believe that a mass replicated plastic helmet with some stickers and foam inserts and a display stand is grounds to drop $700 or $900 and add some spray paint and blaster. Even if I was wealthy, I would take a stand against this. It's not right. I dont care what anyone from eFx says, or the pundits out there.....it's a shame that this helmet costs 7 hundred. I understand limited runs and rights and fees and overhead and exporting and blah.....

you can tell me that when its all said and done eFx will only make $25 per helmet and I would still say this is crazy and not worth it. As much as I LOVE the scout trooper and love ALL OT Imperials, I will not be contributing to this. It makes me sad. But for the betterment of the hobby we need to take a stand. I wish more people felt this way. Its too easy to cave in and say, whats $300 more for something I cherish so much? This hobby can make grown, working class men who seek out deals at amazon to save $5-$10 bucks on common items to spend 7 Hundred on a plastic helmet. Sometimes I question the sanity of us all.

for me its not about it being too expensive for my income or space to display. its about principle. i do not believe that a mass replicated plastic helmet with some stickers and foam inserts and a display stand is grounds to drop $700 or $900 and add some spray paint and blaster. Even if I was wealthy, I would take a stand against this. It's not right. I dont care what anyone from eFx says, or the pundits out there.....it's a shame that this helmet costs 7 hundred. I understand limited runs and rights and fees and overhead and exporting and blah.....

you can tell me that when its all said and done eFx will only make $25 per helmet and I would still say this is crazy and not worth it. As much as I LOVE the scout trooper and love ALL OT Imperials, I will not be contributing to this. It makes me sad. But for the betterment of the hobby we need to take a stand. I wish more people felt this way. Its too easy to cave in and say, whats $300 more for something I cherish so much? This hobby can make grown, working class men who seek out deals at amazon to save $5-$10 bucks on common items to spend 7 Hundred on a plastic helmet. Sometimes I question the sanity of us all.

You nailed it right there, and I totally understand how you feel.

Ah, in trying to relate my own experience I've missed what you were trying to say. Sorry.

I think there's probably plenty of folks who went and ordered this piece who feel the same way you do about whether these pieces are worth the high asking price. I think you've made the wise choice if that is how you feel. For me there's no price I can put on nostalgia, but that's probably a silly concept for others. I don't know, but that's what makes collecting different for everyone, I guess :)

This hobby can make grown, working class men who seek out deals at amazon to save $5-$10 bucks on common items to spend 7 Hundred on a plastic helmet. Sometimes I question the sanity of us all.

You nailed it in my case. I am on the fence and find your logic quite convincing here. I think the one thing maybe not being considered is the aftermarket. I am completely new to props, have never bought one, came very close with the TIE on a few occasions. But if these products generally increase in the aftermarket then Efx is simply trying to capture a bigger piece of that pie. And this also helps justify 700 for a plastic helmet, which I might be able to sell for 900 in 6 months or more later. The same can not be said of the noise canceling headphones I bought on Amazon, the Alien trilogy Blu-Ray pack, etc.

Not sure if anyone saw this from Razor's Edge Collectibles

Like us, preorder the Helmet from us and Mention that you saw the preorder Link on our Facebook Page and once we Verify it, we will ship this Helmet Free to anyone who preorders the Helmet from us that lives in the Contiguous US 48 States.

Back