eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not even getting the Legend, but this. Totally agree.

Yep.......I ordered the limited.

I simply prefer the cleaner look, that if I choose at a later date I can weather it to my liking etc. I am just not conifdent that the factory weathering will have the depth or natural look of the originals. Ginos hand painted prototype looks great, but even that one has a bit too much weathering for my taste. Accurate to some examples in the Archives for sure, but I prefer the lighter weathering version like Stephen Lanes original (Prop Store).

https://www.propstore.com/cms/the-p...r-wars-return-of-the-jedi/biker-scout-helmet/

Must be the not-yet-released, Remastered Re-Colored Special Edition George Lucas Signature Edition Director's Cut Redux version of ROTJ. I haven't seen that one yet :lol

That was released in Europe already. It was limited to 2 copies.

In the upcoming Special Edition of the Special Edition George Lucas Signature Directors Cut the biker scout chase has been extended to include Wicket blinking his eyes on the bike with special voice over provided by Warrick Davis.

Oh and by the way the color of the foliage in the forest has been color corrected to the right shade of green/ blue.

I know a lot of people haven't been happy with the "spray paint" effect of the weathering on the Legend, and as I was sitting here looking at one of my lids, I wondered why eFX didn't do this style of weathering again...

This weathering is all dappled on by hand and looks superb!

IMG_0326_zps9afa9fa6.jpg

You can still order the limited version from e-tailers though. Sometimes with a lower deposit. But most times you'll have to pay shipping which is free for the lower 48 from eFX.

I ordered the Legend through eFX and the Limited through Big Bad Toy Store. Hopefully BBTS comes through for me since I couldn't really afford two deposits from eFX.

Have to pass on this guy due to too much stuff on order already, though it's tempting and I'll probably regret it later, he's gonna go for a premium on the bay, no doubts there.

For Euro-folk, you can still get it at La Cite Des Nuages, the member price is pretty good, when you calculate VAT+Tax it's cheaper than buying it direct, plus only a 60 odd Euro deposit:

https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/bout...020&type=167&code_lg=lg_us&num=1#.U8Etxo1dVSk

Glad I picked up a Limited, then. Especially since the Limited Vader I ordered the same day spent the whole week "processing," the store charged my card, and then only said it was "sold out" and cancelled my order yesterday... Ugh. Now I want one of those... But looking like I'll have to just be patient.

I'm sure at some point I will regret not getting this but at $900 for the limited for me here in Australia I just can't wrap my head around that sort of price tag....

$500 even $600 I would be in for sure but almost $1000.... Just too much for what you get IMO

I agree. Even for a domestic US order, the price seems unsavory. I've been priced out. How much do I love Scout Troopers? Not $900 worth.

I ordered the Legend through eFX and the Limited through Big Bad Toy Store. Hopefully BBTS comes through for me since I couldn't really afford two deposits from eFX.

I ordered from BBTS as well. They've been good to me in the past, and I dislike the notion of down-payments. So I was happy to order from somebody else.

Agreed with Hedji, while I have this order in. I won't hesitate to cancel. I'm not under any delusion that these products are inexpensive, I could easily afford any of MR's products but eFX has pushed me to the top of my limit.

Back