eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come to think of it, for $900 they should offer the legend customer a choice of a clean version or having it weathered during the pre-order stage. It's not like they are mass producing thousands of these-only 500-would have been a nice boutique style touch on EFX's part.

Come to think of it, for $900 they should offer the legend customer a choice of a clean version or having it weathered during the pre-order stage. It's not like they are mass producing thousands of these-only 500-would have been a nice boutique style touch on EFX's part.

That would have been an excellent idea. I'll bet though most of these are all done now and too late to add that option.

Or maybe have done up one with a lesser heavy weathering job done on it.

But then that wouldn't force the completists or fence sitters from buying both.

But then that wouldn't force the completists or fence sitters from buying both.

One helmet is fiberglass and the other ABS. It's the ones who prefer the movie-used style ABS who want the clean version over the weathered that is the issue.

If anyone is interested, I just pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the Limited from Shane @ Secret Compass Collectibles. I got my EFX Vader Limited Helmet from them, and they are excellent-they worked out a payment plan for me that fit my budget and I'll be doing the same for the Scout Trooper helmet. Best of all, the price with shipping is a few bucks below the EFX website price.

If anyone is interested, I just pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the Limited from Shane @ Secret Compass Collectibles. I got my EFX Vader Limited Helmet from them, and they are excellent-they worked out a payment plan for me that fit my budget and I'll be doing the same for the Scout Trooper helmet. Best of all, the price with shipping is a few bucks below the EFX website price.

Do you have a link? I didn't see it on their site. Thanks

Hmm. I want the Limited scout, but I could get a Limited efx Vader right now for what the Legend Scout is going to sell for.
I know it was debated for 100s of pages in the vader thread, but if I jump on that will I wish it was the Legend?

Should I just buy BOTH this Limited and the Vader Limited? Agh! :gah:
(Mostly looking for someone to push me gently over the edge.. :lol )

Unlike the Efx Vader helmet....this one the only difference is the material. Take out the weathering then the difference is fiberglass tvs abs. The Vader had several differences between the Legend and limited versions.

Different animals.

I am not convinced based on the Wedge, nor Luke ESB that a EFX will nail the weathering like on the prototype. Clean is my preference. I don't care if it's made from fiberglass vs abs, it's not the original prop no matter how you slice it so it really just comes down to preference.

Do you have a link? I didn't see it on their site. Thanks

Shane said it'll go live on their site tomorrow, but you can try contacting him directly today which is what I did (guessing space ace did the same). Got a good deal for being a repeat customer as well. :) Happy to have my limited bucket secured.

Goes without saying that I also highly recommend Secret Compass. Shane is fantastic to work with and they've never let me down. Always happy to give them my business.

Congrats to all those that are getting this. They both look to be solid lids, glad eFX is giving the collectors a choice. Bring on the Fett Legend.

I prefer the fibreglass standard lid over plastic, because I like to think that if the world of Star Wars actually ever existed that soldiers would not have ABS plastic helmets, so fibreglass looks more like a real material. However, if eFX release a cheapie ABS version of the standard lid then that will undercut the value of the fibreglass one, so that pushes me back towards the damage. I think the damaged will go for a pretty penny on eBay in a few years like some of the more exotic helmets do nowdays.

On the secondary market both versions will sell well.

I ordered the limited for only $600 from my local retailer. At that price point should I ever sell it I shouldn't lose any money.

I think that when the final helmets are released the Legend version (weathered) will not stand up to the clean version in terms of overall appeal. Sure the materials are more accurate than the Limited being ABS, however the weathering I believe will be too artificial and deliberate like the ESB Luke, and Wedge helmets on the final production piece.

Also keep in mind that the interior of these helmets will be fully padded which in both helmets would not be "prop accurate". The screen used helmet were not padded on the inside. They used a simple construction helmet liner. So if "accuracy" is your thing then both have their pros and cons.

In the long run both helmets are in low enough numbers, and desirable enough that the will sell well should anyone need to let theirs go in the future. EFX really did a good job on these helmets. I saw them both at Celebration VI in person. Seeing them both up close I preferred the clean version.

I'll most likely go for the LE clean one. I already have the LoneWolf (LW) made the same way like the screen used ones (2 ABS halves joined together, with accurate 3M interior headband etc.), and I'm not a fan of the Legend weathering no matter how accurate it is. I cannot wait to make a comparison between the eFX and LW one when LE arrives. Till then a pic made by a BSN member:

lw_efx.jpg

Back