eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know the ins and outs to be honest, I've only dealt with fan made stuff mostly for a while. All I know is I've laid down a small deposit which has reserved me a helmet with a dealer who have lots of SS and eFX items already and seem very reputable from all the research I have done. A few other EU are also taking pre orders too it seems.

Only two days away from this release and still no info on the Legend. I sure hope eFX delivers the info before the order goes up for this one or they are going to further alienate themselves from the collector base.

Looks like the legend is plastic and weathered (a la the screen used prop) while the regular is fiberglass and clean. I can't decide!

Normally I'd go for the more weathered, on-screen look but I have no interest in the pistol, so not sure what to do.

Normally I'd go for the more weathered, on-screen look but I have no interest in the pistol, so not sure what to do.

Buy it and sell the pistol - you'd be able to get waaay more than the $200 extra it costs.

I don't like how the so called 'weathering' looks. It's absolutely terrible! That's not final right?

What's the pistol made out of? Resin? I'm not crazy over the weathering either-I like the clean version-wish EFX gave you the option to order the Legend weathered or clean.

Hmm. Kinda wondering about the use of ABS, if what Gino said way back in the first post of this thread still holds true. I'm only interested in the Limited, but hoping others will hear more on how the fragility issue has been addressed.

Here's a post by Gino, #21:

Here's a quick shot of an original helmet so you can see how they were weathered.
Whenever I looked at original helmets in the past, I never really paid much attention to their weathering. But once you start looking you sort of notice it.

original_scout.png

Pictures of the eFX look very heavy on the weathering compared to the original prop they used. Any chance the weathering will look more like the original?

original_scout.png

scout_lgd_3.jpg

I think I would rather the clean one be the Legend then I wouldn't be torn. Unless like Waller said they tone down that weatering on the Legend version BUT all things considered I think I'll go Legend if I get one.

Didnt they say edition size to be based on pre orders? I thought that means they decide after the initial pre orders come in? Am i wrong about that? Looks like they already decided.

Didnt they say edition size to be based on pre orders? I thought that means they decide after the initial pre orders come in? Am i wrong about that? Looks like they already decided.

They did say the "limited" edition size will be determined by preorders while the "Legend" will be 500. That being said it looks like they've put a cap on the limited at 750.

I'm not getting either piece, but that weathering job just doesn't look that great. For $900 I would think they could do a little better. :dunno

Back