eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All those questions and more will be addressed when we make the announcement.

I guess that the definition changes based on the EFX product.

Legend= Whatever we decide
Limited= Whatever we decide

In any case the helmet is nice, I just which that the entire helmet was made from the original blocks and not just the remaining left side.

Like I said we'll be making an announcement regarding the Legend version in the coming weeks.

@Vader AL
We are currently working on a Gold Leader Y-Wing.

Sweet, thanks for the reply. Hope you guys continue releasing more of them.

I guess that the definition changes based on the EFX product.

Legend= Whatever we decide
Limited= Whatever we decide

In any case the helmet is nice, I just which that the entire helmet was made from the original blocks and not just the remaining left side.

Your information is incorrect.
We used all the original molds in the archives that they had. The ONLY pieces they didn't have molds for was the faceplate, chin cup, and lens.
Everything else was there.

And for those missing molds, they lent us a screen used original so we could mold the inside of the faceplate, chin cup, and lens.
We have stated these facts since we first announced this helmet.

Can't get any better than that.

Your information is incorrect.
We used all the original molds in the archives that they had. The ONLY pieces they didn't have molds for was the faceplate, chin cup, and lens.
Everything else was there.

And for those missing molds, they lent us a screen used original so we could mold the inside of the faceplate, chin cup, and lens.
We have stated these facts since we first announced this helmet.

Can't get any better than that.

"My informaiton" is not incorrect. I simply made my observations based on the data released by EFX. You guys only showed the one helmet mold which was the left side of the helmet, and when I was at celebration VI I asked an EFX employee what the helmet was made from, and he told me that you guys used the original left side mold from the Archives and based the rest of the helmet on some examples in the archives.

Basing an example on something isnt the same as using the original molds or casting an original, which to my understanding of the EFX Legend line was the entire point of its "legend" distinction. I am happy to hear that the helmet is a combo of both.

I think its great that you guys were able to cast an original, and this is a nice looking helmet I am not knocking it. I simply asked a legit question to which you were all cryptic about. A waste of time because you just gave the answer to the questions I had asked.

Yeah, you are 100% incorrect.
There are 4 molds we used, both halves of the visor, and both halves of the back/cap.
The other parts were molded from a screen used helmet directly from the archives.
I think we showed a pic of one of the molds at some point but probably not all of them so maybe that is where your confusion is originating from.

The only people who would be able to answer a question regarding this helmet's development from EFX would be myself or Bryan (who is the CEO).
So please, feel free to reach out to him as well for confirmation of anything I've said here.

We consider a legend to be a product that was made using screen-used original items, original production-made items, original production molds, or a combination of them. Molding a screen-used helmet alone would have been great, but the fact that we were able to also use original production molds for the majority of the helmet was a step above that and also just over the top cool.

Sometimes, a Limited edition item can still be made from the same source materials as a Legend, and if we are offering a variation of a Legend product, we may from time to time label said variation as Limited to differentiate them.
So yes, a Limited edition item can have Legend cred, but it is not a requirement.

You asked the same question multiple times about the Legend, and I told you that we will release more info in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
♫ ♪
PoliceSmilie.gif
♪ ♫

Last edited:
I think the term 'Legend' that eFX came up with for their product is more trouble than it's worth.

Curious about the Legend price. One of the very few Romanian SW collectors I know said he might be interested in the weathered one. But not sure if he knows how much it will cost if only shipped from eFX, internatonal customers had a "nice" experience before. I only hope for his sake, this time eFX treats the international customers fairly. As for me I don't really care about the weathered version, I'll let it for the Legend elitists ;), unless a good deal appears. Then I might go for both.

From the eFX email regarding the Biker Scout helmet:

his helmet has all of the pedigree of a Legend Edition, but we have something special planned for the Legend! But we can tell you that the Legend Edition helmet will not be available as a separate item. (hmmm, is that a little hint of what is coming to San Diego Comic Con next month!)

From the eFX email regarding the Biker Scout helmet:

his helmet has all of the pedigree of a Legend Edition, but we have something special planned for the Legend! But we can tell you that the Legend Edition helmet will not be available as a separate item. (hmmm, is that a little hint of what is coming to San Diego Comic Con next month!)

I read this and have no clue what they are talking about. This is some awful text right here.

I agree it is confusing. My guess is that it will only be available to those who purchase the clean version.

Full Armour or the Scouts Blaster???

I was thinking the blaster as well. I don't think they would do a full armour for the Biker Scout.

I agree it is confusing. My guess is that it will only be available to those who purchase the clean version.

I hope not, kinda crappy if they force people into two helmets just to get the one version they want.

I'm hoping for the best, but if the Legend only comes with armor, I worry the Stormtrooper will be the same. :(

So there will be a separate weathered version? (non-Legend).

Since the preorder is before the Con....I don't get what the Legend could be other than something available only to those who preordered the shiny version on July 8th. But then if it's going to be announced at the Con (the Legend thing that isn't a separate item) then wouldn't it be better to announce that on preorder day since if it is armor people might preorder the shiny version that wouldn't just for the helmet? Unless it's going to stay up for preorder through the Con, which is probably the case.

From their website: "Our new officially licensed, Limited Edition (Biker) Scout Trooper Helmet will be the most accurate reproduction of this incredible helmet produced to date. It has the all the pedigree of our Legend Edition line since the master molds were made from the original master tools ILM used to make the screen-used helmets. As with the Legend Edition, there is no digital scanning or 3D modeling used, only original parts and tooling. We even used an original decal sheet from ILM to make our markings and symbols that are seen on the helmet! You can call this helmet "Legend - Light"!

Back