EFX Millenium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new EFX X-Wing model?

efxnewships.jpg

And you can tell in that photo that the Scout Trooper on display doesn’t close all the way either. :slap

The fact that it is die cast is very impressive. Some of the weathering paint application is a little too symmetrical in some parts and some of it looks very good. To me, it looks like something Paul's Auto Art would've done if they had gotten the Star Wars licence but cost half as much. Not worth 500 Clams to me.

A new EFX X-Wing model?

View attachment 401144

Every studio scale ship they've displayed at cons going back at least 3 years now has been a nice-n. It's all smoke and mirrors and I'm confident in saying none these will ever become commercially available through efx so don't get your hopes up.

The 4ft star destroyer they've shown the last couple of years is available now through nice-n. I know because my friend who also builds my studio scales is building one now for his own collection.

Most of Steves kits are a collaborative effort with Mike Salzo who is a brilliant kit provider in his own right. Untold 1000s of hours identifying kit parts and tracking down the models they came from result in a resin kit that costs a couple of thousand alone.

Efx doesn't have the ability to bring any of these to market if they did we'd have gold leader ( which has been available in kit form from Steve or Mike for around 2 years ) by now. That's the reality of the situation.

Yep he's awesome. I have the studio scale slave 1 kit in a box waiting to be built and it came directly from him. Amazing casting on every greeblie, just so crisp and clean. Can't wait to have that built and in my collection and I feel very lucky as they're as rare as hens teeth!

I don't know about anyone else - but I'd buy any one of the OT ships they've "teased" in the past, 10 fold, before laying out 1 cent on this crap.

I don't mind the design, but really EFX? Please just produce any ONE of the previously previewed products you said you would... just one.

Every studio scale ship they've displayed at cons going back at least 3 years now has been a nice-n. It's all smoke and mirrors and I'm confident in saying none these will ever become commercially available through efx so don't get your hopes up.

The 4ft star destroyer they've shown the last couple of years is available now through nice-n. I know because my friend who also builds my studio scales is building one now for his own collection.

Most of Steves kits are a collaborative effort with Mike Salzo who is a brilliant kit provider in his own right. Untold 1000s of hours identifying kit parts and tracking down the models they came from result in a resin kit that costs a couple of thousand alone.

Efx doesn't have the ability to bring any of these to market if they did we'd have gold leader ( which has been available in kit form from Steve or Mike for around 2 years ) by now. That's the reality of the situation.

Don't worry, I know EFX will not release anything they shown, with tiny exceptions. EFX seems to have been made for a few people to have access to the screen used props inside ILM archives and make stuff for their own collections. The rest of the collectors should be happy with delays, lack of communication, lack of true accuracy. But that is not important since the "chosen ones" got their greedy hands on what they wanted.

EFX order delay LOL.jpg

I just gotten some quotes from pro painters of the Bandai PG and the EFX is not even in the same league when it comes to pricing. Everyone is charging 1700. Why would you think EFX's version deserves to be 299 and some random guy who paints a PG should charge 1700? Completely different ballpark. Think I'll go with an EFX since it's not only cheaper but it's authenticated, fully licensed and approved by Disney.

Really thought painters would charge EFX's pricing or just slightly more, did not expect 3x the price. And yes I bet there are cheaper painters out there but everyone's work may vary. Also the amount of the parts from PG is no joke and I can see why the price is justified.

Yeah? Mind sharing who your painter is? Hopefully it's not yourself, a close friend, or a relative. Someone who actually take commission stuff for a reasonable price.

While I’m not ready to share details, my guy is finishing up a piece right now and I didn’t pay anywhere near that amount. He is well known in the community, did some mods to make my piece even better and the pics I’ve seen look as professional as they come. He is not a close friend or relative, but I will undoubtedly be talking to him about my next project.

Glad that there are much cheaper options out there. Can't wait to see some pics after they are done!

I jumped the gun and bought the EFX. Will probably go the custom route after I see some of your thoughts on your build!

Last edited:
Back