eFX McQuarrie Stormtrooper Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shenphong

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Upcoming project mentioned on the rebelscum forums. Thoughts and feelings? Personally, I love this as I am enamored with McQuarrie's designs and hoping the eventual Boba helmet will be coming soon. Hoping its not going to be only a sig. edition thats limited to only 200-250 helmets and priced at $1000, but that's my wallet speaking.

McTrooper1.jpg

The Mcquarrie concepts are cool, but I'd rather have eFX consider the real movie replica helmets like: AT-AT Driver, TIE Fighter Pilot, Scout Trooper, Snowtrooper, Snowtrooper Commander, Royal Guard, Death Star Gunner etc.

The Mcquarrie concepts are cool, but I'd rather have eFX consider the real movie replica helmets like: AT-AT Driver, TIE Fighter Pilot, Scout Trooper, Snowtrooper, Snowtrooper Commander, Royal Guard, Death Star Gunner etc.

Agreed. I wish they would exhaust all of the existing OT helmet options before venturing further into the concept stuff. I really want a Scout Trooper (and pretty much all of the helmets you listed).

Completely agree - and I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that I already have a McQ stormtrooper helmet. :wink1:

I'm sure alot of ppl will be excited about that, but the only concept SW helmet I'd be interested in would be Boba's. Either would do fine
3775518083_c21757b986.jpg

This is one I would love to have but I am on the fence. Its a little too narrow proportionally when compared to the sketch from the Art of Star Wars. It should be at least as wide as the movie helmets.

mscomp.jpg

Agreed. They can pop out the McQ stuff but stuff we are dying for just drags on.

Agreed. They can pop out the McQ stuff but stuff we are dying for just drags on.

Some of the helmets might be harder to get the real replicas of, but I'm sure the Scout, Royal Guard, TIE Pilot and a few others are in ILM archives so they can be scanned, measured and made some day (hopefully soon)

Last edited:
It's a cool idea, but I'd rather see actual movie props. There is still no many to make! Offhand I want to see the TIE Pilot, AT-AT Driver, Jango Fett, generic X-Wing helmet, and Biker Scout. Those alone would take a while to do and I'd buy any of em.

I think it's a good idea when there's so much interest in the earlier design work. Is it everyone's cup of tea? Hardly. But still, I'd love to see stuff like proto-Fett getting done. There are a number of vac-form kits of the straight-up stormtrooper helmets on Ebay already.

EFX has already done the earlier stormtrooper helmets as well, so I think there's room for everyone. If I didn't like it, I just wouldn't buy it.

EFX has already done the earlier stormtrooper helmets as well, so I think there's room for everyone. If I didn't like it, I just wouldn't buy it.

I understand, but working on these concepts, eFX is not able to get working on the real movie replicas.

I much rather eFX make these concept helmets. Much more interesting to me than the same old Helmets we have been looking at for about 34 years. Now that's not to say I wouldn't want a AT-AT Driver or Snowtrooper. Would be nice to just spread it out over time. Few OT then a few Concept or even PT or whatever. Lets just hope eFX is in business to get the last few things they have shown out to us.

If eFX move so slow in the future, we might be long dead until getting a full collection of real movie or EU/concept helmets...

still waiting for Drivers and Pilots... Biker, At-At, Tie, At-ST...
Royal Guard, Snowtrooper, DS Gunner and DS Trooper too!
Pretty much everything in the SDS catalog...

I much rather eFX make these concept helmets. Much more interesting to me than the same old Helmets we have been looking at for about 34 years. Now that's not to say I wouldn't want a AT-AT Driver or Snowtrooper. Would be nice to just spread it out over time. Few OT then a few Concept or even PT or whatever. Lets just hope eFX is in business to get the last few things they have shown out to us.

I agree, I like the unique concept designs. Its nice to have variety.

Back