Prop eFX Legend Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be selling my MR to fund this. Question is, do I get the best price now, or sell closer to when this new one will actually go up for order?

Keeping my MR helmet. If I didn't own it already of it eFX was making the ROTJ version, I'd get this.

But I'd rather eFX make the ROTJ version. You know...something new.

I will be selling my MR to fund this. Question is, do I get the best price now, or sell closer to when this new one will actually go up for order?

It's a catch 22, because in the video on Yodasnews where they are talking to Bryan at the SDCC, he makes a point of saying it's in it's early stages.

So then you have to wonder, with their track record, how long before we actually have it in hand?

Even their pre-orders are all over the shop; I pre-order my Tie Fighter in late 2010 and only got it a couple of months ago...

Keeping my MR helmet. If I didn't own it already of it eFX was making the ROTJ version, I'd get this.

But I'd rather eFX make the ROTJ version. You know...something new.

Same here. When I first seen the pics I thought it was going to be a white Boba, and was thrilled. Then seen that it's something that has been done before. Is the MR perfect? No, but it still is a great piece.

How different is the ESB helmet to the ROTJ version?

BB

Here's my MR(left) & FettPride "fixed" MR(right).

Just ignore how the mandible tapes down on the MR one on the left.

DSC_0876_zpsbdd9e04e.jpg

DSC_08862_zps97db33d5.jpg

DSC_08882_zpse56dc86c.jpg

DSC_08872_zps41f08f81.jpg

DSC_0889_zps8fac5934.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I never realized Fett's helmet had that shade of blue in ROTJ. Of course I despise ROTJ and have seen it in it's entirety maybe only two times. Man, the back of the ESB helmet sure had some battle damage.

This proves even with all the Star Wars stuff I own (and I own a ton), I don't now squat about Star Wars. :lol

BB

As happy as I am for all the Fett fans out there (and the Stormy fans, go EFX!), it does bother me a little bit that in 3 (guess?) years my grail piece will be considered inaccurate. :(

I will never sell it though, because it is simply cool (and luckily in my eyes there is no inaccuracy). Besides, what is the fun if the first thing you do when viewing a prop is summing up everything wrong with it? :slap

Besides, what is the fun if the first thing you do when viewing a prop is summing up everything wrong with it? :slap

Do yourself a favor and don't go to the RPF. :wink1:

Seriously though, I agree with what you said. I know the nature of props is to get that sense of realism. However such quest should not come at the expense of remembering it's a hobby and supposed to be fun.

Maybe a dumb question but why did they change the look of the helmets between ESB and ROTJ?

I wont be replacing my MR piece, not perfect but so be it, the SW universe I full of great designs and he just keep regurgitating the same helms. Give us royal guards, biker scout, jango, stunt stormie etc

Maybe a dumb question but why did they change the look of the helmets between ESB and ROTJ?

It's called "the magic of filmmaking".

Within the context of the 'story', the colors aren't supposed to be any different.
However, filming in vastly different lighting conditions can be a disaster for 'colorful' characters. In ESB, Fett was filmed almost entirely indoors where the lighting is under complete control of the filmmakers. You can get away with muted greens and grays because you can still make it 'pop' onscreen.
In ROTJ, Fett is only seen outside under the Tatooine sun where those 'ESB' details would have been lost onscreen. He would have looked like an olive-drab blob.

Gino confirmed this will have electronics and that they will explore whether or not to add a signature plaque like they did with Vader Legend.

When preordering with eFx is there anything a newbie should know? I have an account set up with CC information saved. How long did it take for Vader legend to sell out?

Back