eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Efx doesnt take American Express? Thats a red flag for me
AmEx also charges a higher processing fee percentage to retailers. Might be another reason they don't accept it? But I've never heard of anyone getting ripped off by eFX.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Is it big enough to wear like the past PCR stormtrooper ones?

Shipping was only $10 but because I live in CA, the tax kicked the price up. I'm not sure what eFX would have charged for shipping but I was fine with what I paid. Baitme is an authorized retailer so the price is fair... but I would've been happier if it was about $100 cheaper.

The quality is nice, but the plastic is a little thin. Still, it has sharp edges and the paint is flawless; love the amber lenses, too! A bit of an improvement over the Don Post I purchased in 1977:

I'd have to see a deluxe one in person to decide which I'd prefer, but I'm quite pleased with this version.

The sucker is HUGE so yeah, it can totally be worn. Actually, I would recommend adding more padding if one were to troop in it -- or even wear it for Halloween.

From Rebelscum's SDCC 2016 coverage:

2016-SDCC-EFX-Collectibles-019.jpg

And no one has picked one up at the show yet? I ordered one but they said they wouldn't ship it until after the show.

I read that the helmets got "stuck in customs" so they actually weren't available for pickup at the con. Lol

That is the special edition. They were stuck in customs which delayed them from being available for the first two days of the show but then they arrived and were available for pick up on Friday.

The only thing I don't like is the fake thickness on the dome.

I'm not sure if I'm conveying it correctly. The edge of the dome as seen from the front looks about 1/4" thick but it's not. It's a thin plastic which wraps around to give the illusion of a thick metal sheet.

Is the fiberglass like this or is it solid?

The only thing I don't like is the fake thickness on the dome.

I'm not sure if I'm conveying it correctly. The edge of the dome as seen from the front looks about 1/4" thick but it's not. It's a thin plastic which wraps around to give the illusion of a thick metal sheet.

Is the fiberglass like this or is it solid?

The return edge of the dome is correct. That is how the real helmet was.
The only that didn't have it in 1:1 was the Sideshow Vader bust, and is not accurate.

Maybe I'm missing something but can someone fill me in on how the new precision cast offerings don't completely undermine the Limited and Legends? Gino gave me a little info at NYCC last year, but I just couldn't see how this doesn't kick the guys who paid triple or nearly quadruple in the nards. Granted I didn't see the new offerings side by side with the originals, but at a glance I couldn't see what makes the originals such a greater offering.

Maybe I'm missing something but can someone fill me in on how the new precision cast offerings don't completely undermine the Limited and Legends? Gino gave me a little info at NYCC last year, but I just couldn't see how this doesn't kick the guys who paid triple or nearly quadruple in the nards. Granted I didn't see the new offerings side by side with the originals, but at a glance I couldn't see what makes the originals such a greater offering.

Materials, the legend and limited are made of fiberglass like the original, and although these may look similar in shape and size from about 5-6 feet away when you get up close the detail is where the obvious difference is. The cheek tubes are a huge difference in shape. This PCR helmet is way more idealized than even the limited one offered a few years back. Hard core Vader fans shouldn't feel slighted in anyway by these offerings. The original limited and Legend helmets are far superior. Heck I own a Legend and I am considering getting one of the standard PCR helmets. Hope this helps.

It does, thanks. Gino is a cool dude and I've chopped it up with him a lot at the last 2 NYCCs they've attended. Maybe he was all conned out and out of gas, but he didn't explain it in a way that made me feel the originals were still the ones to have.

I'm sure a side by side would show the differences but at a glance, these looked like pretty impressive pieces. The less discriminating fan, especially one on a budget will be over the moon with this.

Ultimately, only time will tell. As someone who DID pay, many times over the price of the PCR for a Limited, I can tell you I don't feel ripped off. I got the PCR, free, & it's a beautiful helmet. I, however, like my Limited way better. The feel of it, the weight, the way the fiberglass was laid, it's MADE of fiberglass, it's more comfortable when you wear it - thanks to the padding, & even the stand & prop story/COA. These reasons would be even more so with the Legend, which I wasn't able to get from their website crashing with the demand. I've seen photos of the PCR SE, & it looks really good, but the paint isn't as good, & the c-scar looks like crap.
The PCR is a very nice plastic helmet. I think it's a leap forward in what a plastic helmets can be. But, it's still plastic. & the one used in the movies were fiberglass, just like the Limited & Legend editions.
For me, it's like having a real parts GRAFLEX lightsaber, or a very nice looking plastic PCR lightsaber.

Back