eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok..here are some pics of mine...its the standard edition:

26358525bj.jpg

26358540ii.jpg

26358565oh.jpg

26358595lh.jpg

Here you can see how aslope the facemask is..great..:

26358621zr.jpg

And the black tusk:

26358686pq.jpg

You cannot see all on the photos but its really a surprise how much screenaccurte dents are in the cast.

Great pics, Kroenen. I also have this one and ordered the LE, which is yet to be shipped.

I will wait until I have the other one at hand before deciding to sell this one. But it is a beautiful helmet.

Here's a question which might have been asked already.

Do you guys think eFX will release a plastic scout helmet after they deliver their fiberglass, just like they did with this Vader?

Thanks for posting the photos, Kroenen! The sculpt is indeed superb, but I'm wondering if the brushed-on details are really what's needed to capture that elusive Vader look that's on screen.

Speaking of which, it looks like an additional stock of the Special Edition helmets are available again from EFX's website:

https://efxcollectibles.com/collect...helmet-precision-cast-replica-special-edition

The kicker is the cost to have these shipped FedEx Ground is almost EXACTLY what folks like me were charged for pre-ordering and forced to pay California sales tax, whether we were picking them up at SDCC or not!

Here's a question which might have been asked already.

Do you guys think eFX will release a plastic scout helmet after they deliver their fiberglass, just like they did with this Vader?

They intend to release a plastic helmet. It is called Legend. Though for now I'd call it a myth

Speaking of which, it looks like an additional stock of the Special Edition helmets are available again from EFX's website:

https://efxcollectibles.com/collections/star-wars/products/darth-vader-helmet-precision-cast-replica-special-edition

The kicker is the cost to have these shipped FedEx Ground is almost EXACTLY what folks like me were charged for pre-ordering and forced to pay California sales tax, whether we were picking them up at SDCC or not!

Then they'd better not charge me a damned cent to ship it or I'm getting a refund.

The EFX shipping costs are so funny.If I would order a helmet from them with FedEx the shipping would cost more as the helmet!:clap:)

The EFX shipping costs are so funny.If I would order a helmet from them with FedEx the shipping would cost more as the helmet!:clap:)

I just took a screenshot of your RPF post - insane shipping:

efx.jpg

EFX hasn't learned a thing regarding respect for international customers since the Vader Legend outrageous shipping quotes. Lack of communication, lack of proper customer service, lack of QC, crazy international shipping, all the qualities necessary for a serious company LOL...

It's mind-boggling to me that any website wouldn't offer USPS Priority and Express options. They still have tracking, they still have insurance, except they cost half or even one third of what you are charged for international FedEx or UPS shipping. And they are incredibly reliable. In 10+ years of ordering stuff online, I have only had one (tiny) package lost via USPS shipping.
I don't think most companies realize how many sales they are missing out on by not being mindful of what shipping options they offer.

Just ordered a $300 guitar pedal from the US yesterday (package will be roughly the weight of a lightsaber hilt), shipping cost me $22. Never had to pay more than $150 in shipping for any of my guitars and the weight can easily add up to 25 lbs+ between the instrument itself, the case, and the box/shipping materials. And that's with an oversized fee on top of it, the shipper boxes used for guitars would dwarf most statue/replica shippers.

I don't get it. I just don't.

How many if the SE Vader helmets do you think will be made? I ordered one last night. Hope ships in a responsible time. Seeing other post have me worried. This is my first helmet.

Maybe I'm missing something but can someone fill me in on how the new precision cast offerings don't completely undermine the Limited and Legends? Gino gave me a little info at NYCC last year, but I just couldn't see how this doesn't kick the guys who paid triple or nearly quadruple in the nards. Granted I didn't see the new offerings side by side with the originals, but at a glance I couldn't see what makes the originals such a greater offering.

Check out this review for what makes these so different from the fiberglass Legend and Limited editions released a few years back:

https://thepropden.aokforums.com/efx-1-1-pcr-darth-vader-anh-helmet-review-2016-vt4964.html

How many if the SE Vader helmets do you think will be made? I ordered one last night. Hope ships in a responsible time. Seeing other post have me worried. This is my first helmet.

Unlike the EFX Legend and LE helmets, the PCR are open edition.

Thanks for posting the photos, Kroenen! The sculpt is indeed superb, but I'm wondering if the brushed-on details are really what's needed to capture that elusive Vader look that's on screen.

https://efxcollectibles.com/collect...helmet-precision-cast-replica-special-edition

For me is only the sculpt important because I wanna use this helmet as a base to build my own Legend Edition.Fiberglass in mask and dome,new paintjob,new sidetubes,stand and plaque.But I also think for very polished helmets like the EFX ones the normal paintjob is also no problem.:wink1:

It's mind-boggling to me that any website wouldn't offer USPS Priority and Express options. They still have tracking, they still have insurance, except they cost half or even one third of what you are charged for international FedEx or UPS shipping. And they are incredibly reliable. In 10+ years of ordering stuff online, I have only had one (tiny) package lost via USPS shipping.
I don't think most companies realize how many sales they are missing out on by not being mindful of what shipping options they offer.

Thats why I buy all US-offers by ebaysellers.Its only a problem with exclusive offers.But I would never pay that high shipping on a replica.Never.

Thats why I buy all US-offers by ebaysellers.Its only a problem with exclusive offers.But I would never pay that high shipping on a replica.Never.

Yeah eBay is definitely the best place as far as shipping options. Even if a seller doesn't offer USPS shipping right off the bat, you can talk about it with them.
Most companies are really stubborn when it comes to shipping and even if you beg, won't go through any other service than the ones available at checkout.

Also those quotes are WAY overpriced on the eFX website, pretty sure even through FedEx, that helmet shouldn't cost more than $150 to ship.

Back