eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how they say,
"Availability on these items will be super quick compared to our fiberglass limited items simply because injection molded items are able to move through production lightning fast."

Here's a picture of lightning:

Patient.jpg

Does anyone know where i can get the normal edition beside ebay or amazon at 299$ it's unnavailble on EFX website

Hey guys, so I've been comparing the 2 versions (normal and special edition) of this EFX Darth Vader PCR Helmet and still have questions about it. I hope someone can clarify some things for me:

Both helmets have these in common (based on the description on the EFX website):

Spoiler Spoiler:

These are the differences:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The following points are found under the special edition but not in the normal edition:

Spoiler Spoiler:

My questions are:

1. Does it mean that the normal edition won't have a two tone pattern on the paint scheme?
2. The ones listed on Amazon and eBay are the normal edition versions?
3. Is it safe to order the special edition version from the EFX website (for pick up at SDCC)?

Thanks so much guys!

Hey guys, so I've been comparing the 2 versions (normal and special edition) of this EFX Darth Vader PCR Helmet and still have questions about it. I hope someone can clarify some things for me:

Both helmets have these in common (based on the description on the EFX website):

Spoiler Spoiler:

These are the differences:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The following points are found under the special edition but not in the normal edition:

Spoiler Spoiler:

My questions are:

1. Does it mean that the normal edition won't have a two tone pattern on the paint scheme?
2. The ones listed on Amazon and eBay are the normal edition versions?
3. Is it safe to order the special edition version from the EFX website (for pick up at SDCC)?

Thanks so much guys!

Why the spoiler alerts?

The normal editions are two-toned. The special edition is brush painted in areas to closely replicate the screen-used helmet. I'm assuming it is safe since if you are going to SDCC and see them in person, they damned well better have your helmet in hand. I ordered even though I'm not going so I have to wait until SDCC is over, be charged for shipping, AND pay the higher price because of sales tax.

I think Brian should refund the tax when shipped because I ordered online and I'm not picking it up in person. But I suppose they'll treat it as a $30 handling fee for taking it to the con and then taking it back to the warehouse.

After SDCC can we place a regular order for the Special Edition?

My Vader hype is through the roof right now (watching Celebration live on YouTube).

The normal editions are two-toned. The special edition is brush painted in areas to closely replicate the screen-used helmet. I'm assuming it is safe since if you are going to SDCC and see them in person, they damned well better have your helmet in hand. I ordered even though I'm not going so I have to wait until SDCC is over, be charged for shipping, AND pay the higher price because of sales tax.

I think Brian should refund the tax when shipped because I ordered online and I'm not picking it up in person. But I suppose they'll treat it as a $30 handling fee for taking it to the con and then taking it back to the warehouse.

Clutch, thanks so much for the clarification. It helped. I was actually in touch with Bryan Ono of EFX last night with the same questions I posted here. I was surprised to receive replies from him almost instantaneously.

So you ordered the special edition version directly from the EFX website. I'm seriously considering doing the same thing tonight. I'm just worried that the movie-accurate imperfections might take away from the aesthetics of the helmet when displayed. Will this PCR helmet look exactly like the Legend Edition EFX released a few years ago (except for the material used)?

Who knows if it will look the same. It's a gamble all the way around. I have one of the legend editions and I'm only getting this one to use on my mannequin because I don't trust the other one due to its weight. The brush paint is subtle. If they do it like the fiberglass ones, you will definitely not be disappointed.

Its good to have aside from a visa, they are always in the customers side. Which is why some retailers dont accept them. One problem and they get your money back no questions asked. Given efx service history, its not surprising.

Back