eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe this has been posted.

From Bryan at eFX:

Hi All!

I would like to thank everyone who made the Legend Edition a GREAT success!

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have now CLOSED the wait list, since we now have more people on the list than we would ever be able to accommodate.

Thanks once again to everyone!

Bryan

I think he was saying things that Lucasfilm did not like to be put out there. I don't recall the context of what he said. I know he doesn't get invited to the conventions and such anymore.

Yeah I've never understood that. Lucas could have thrown the ol' boy a pittance; Prowse would hv been Lucas' ever-praising lap dog for the rest of his life.

I've listened to Lucas' audio commentary fm every movie. Always got feeling he's stretching. Said he wrote this hulking story that was too long for one movie. But it was complete, the trick was how to divide it up. Really, George, was it? Back in the late 70's the rumor was that Lucas published the entire story, trade SF paperbacks, but that after they sold out he didn't allow any more to be printed, wanted to complete the trilogy before he re-leased the novels. I looked far and wide as a kid, never did find this mythical tome. During his audio commentaries Lucas would explain how this was changed, how that was changed, and how they didn't really know where they were going with this one thing until post production editting, such as the countdown before the Death Star can fire and destroy the rebel base, that was thought up in post production, Lucas admits he merely wrote that they go after the Death Star... Luke was originally Annikkin Starkiller, and Alec Guiness was alive and well after they left the Death Star. On second thought, let's kill off Ben, what's the point of having Guiness just hanging out? How about the fellow who crafted Yoda's visage fm his own & and Einstein's? Lucas would let people believe he was all his creation. And so on. It sounded like a lot of improv to me, Lucas delegating his needs & musings to creative people and letting them go crazy. So I've come to doubt the old wives tale about there ever having been a published novelization, not in the 70's or early 80's anyway. Lucas always uses the words "I" and "Me." Has he ever publically praised anyone other than Johnnie Williams? Many creative people turned his outlines & ideas into the SW universe we know. GL: "I need some robots - make it happen! I need sounds for my light sword, laser guns and robots...make it happen. I need a menacing looking Vader - McQuarrie, get on it!" If we could only see into Lucas' mind, see what his original vision was, we might be let down. But at least Lucas was smart enough to hire the best creative minds available, such as McQuarrie, who gave his universe legs. It looks like the bar is still at halfway on eFX website. Does that mean only 500 or so orders? Will that be the limit - or will they leave it open until they've reached 1000 orders?

Interesting. It's arguable ESB was the best SW movie. Lucas was off on Iniana Jones for that one, which Speiburg was helping with. He seems to need people to make his ideas work. You see how things turn out when he's allowed to run.

It would be a sweet if they threw in a Prowse signature.

You could get it yourself. Make a custom plaque (Kevin might help here ;)) send it to Prowse directly (not through his site) add some cash and you'll get it back signed in less than a month. The same with James Earl Jones (Vader's voice). I already have a custom dual sig plaque that in present is next to my SS Vader bust.

MRVaderplaque01.jpg

Mr Prowse will be in MTL in september so i will ask him to signed some plaque but for James Earl Jones ahve find nothing about his own website or any info i can ship plaque to be signed.. Any hint on this JKNO?

You could get it yourself. Make a custom plaque (Kevin might help here ;)) send it to Prowse directly (not through his site) add some cash and you'll get it back signed in less than a month. The same with James Earl Jones (Vader's voice). I already have a custom dual sig plaque that in present is next to my SS Vader bust.

MRVaderplaque01.jpg

Mr Prowse will be in MTL in september so i will ask him to signed some plaque but for James Earl Jones ahve find nothing about his own website or any info i can ship plaque to be signed.. Any hint on this JKNO?

PM me for James Earl Jones address ;)

Back