eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At one point I was keen on ordering one of each version. But since I have the Legend secured I'm trying to figure out what on Earth I would even do with the idealized Limited one. I really doubt I would display both.

Did you order the LE too, or are you just thinking about it?

Some folks over at the RPF are having (another) "who's the real Vader expert" war. Apparently there are some who are not content with the degree of flare in the dome and a few other things.

I mentioned that they should place the helmet in a cup of hot water and pry the flare our manually, but I think the reference went over most of their heads...:lol

Some folks over at the RPF are having (another) "who's the real Vader expert" war. Apparently there are some who are not content with the degree of flare in the dome and a few other things.

I mentioned that they should place the helmet in a cup of hot water and pry the flare our manually, but I think the reference went over most of their heads...:lol

How could there be debate on this? Isn't it from the same mold used for the film?

Yes. It's all just petty bias for the most part. One of the known Vader experts worked on the eFX project, so the ones who didn't (and will see their unauthorized commission sales evaporate with this on the market) are all butt hurt and acting like a bunch of little girls who lost the school beauty pageant.

Some of the Vader guys there have had long-standing personal feuds with Gino and that has obviously led to a tunnel-visioned view of the eFX helmets.

Please don't let that B.S. affect these boards.

I had some down time at work so I decided to google what other forums had discussions about this helmet and sure enough, I found RPF. Apparently, there's some blemishes that aren't screen accurate, the dome doesn't flare out enough and this helmet is in the top 4 Vader helmets ever made or something like that. Oh, and apparently, Gino's a bad guy. Typical silly forum babbling:dunno I prefer all the positivity in this thread and am so excited to get mine come September:clap:impatient:

Does anyone know what the measurements of the base are?

I'm thinking of buying a Detolf to display the helmet in, but it would be f|_|cked up if the base wouldn't fit in in :dunno

I don't think this helmet will fit the detolf, I have the MR ROTS in the Detolf & it only just fits, I believe the ANH version is a bit bigger

I don't think this helmet will fit the detolf, I have the MR ROTS in the Detolf & it only just fits, I believe the ANH version is a bit bigger

plus with the way the neck piece is cut, wouldn't it have a problem staying upright unlike a Storm/Clone Trooper bucket you can just put down?

Yes. It's all just petty bias for the most part. One of the known Vader experts worked on the eFX project, so the ones who didn't (and will see their unauthorized commission sales evaporate with this on the market) are all butt hurt and acting like a bunch of little girls who lost the school beauty pageant.

Some of the Vader guys there have had long-standing personal feuds with Gino and that has obviously led to a tunnel-visioned view of the eFX helmets.

Please don't let that B.S. affect these boards.

Agreed 100%.

Somewhere in their quest for accuracy and authenticity most of those guys went insane. I honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy anything being that obsessive about every single detail and being so damn argumentative.

More power to them.

Agreed 100%.

Somewhere in their quest for accuracy and authenticity most of those guys went insane. I honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy anything being that obsessive about every single detail and being so damn argumentative.

More power to them.

exactly...I've given up reading review of even 1/6 figures because most inaccuracies I don't even notice till pointed out. I've got the LE on order I would like the Legend (extra taxes put this to high though).
All I see when I look at the pics is the ANH helmet looks brilliant

I was thinking about it. But after having ordered the Legend I just don't feel or see the need for the LE. Probably won't even order one.

I agree, it is hard to justify. Somewhat tempting, but I would rather have an ESB or ROTJ example down the road if either becomes available.

EDIT: I just checked out RPF to see what you guys are talking about and yeah, it's...psychotic.

Last edited:
EDIT: I just checked out RPF to see what you guys are talking about and yeah, it's...psychotic.

Told ya! :lol

I read some of their comments and in one of them they wonder why more manufacturers don't come to the RPF like Bryan had sent Gino to represent eFX over there. Something about the purchasing power of the RPF. I'm like, the whole damn thread is the proof and answer to that same question: it is not worth it to deal with such individuals that in the end will never be happy because they know someone else that can do it better.

The collective community of Vader collectors suffers because these so called experts are out of their minds or have an interest that their super dupper exclusive expensive commissions remain "superior" to anything else out there.

Apparently being very knowledgeable on something (and able to provide pics and such to prove the same point over and over) doesn't come with a personality to interact well with others.

So when is the Legend shipping? When I ordered it last Wed I thought I read it will start shipping in December. But I read a few post here saying it will ship in September? September is so much better than December so hoping that is correct.

Thanks

Wow. That is some debate raging over at RPF. I think Gino (go figure) actually clinched it for me when he showed how pictures can be deceiving on dome curvature. One minute I was sold that the SL (whatever that stands for) was the better helmet, but it's kind of wide on its own. Then he's got photos of the screen helmet looking wonky depending on the angle and lighting. I don't know about all the bumps. I like that the SL dome looked a bit more rough, so I think they may have cleaned up the EFX one more. But otherwise, my eye just can't catch the differences. Given I knew nothing about the rest of those till tonight, ignorance is bliss on this one. I think the EFX helmet should (if the factory does a good job) be more than I would have ever expected to grace my home.

As far as that debate goes, other than some extra bumpage in a few of the other acclaimed helmets, I don't see how anyone will know till we get get them in hand for side by side comparison. Those photos are just too inconsistent in their presentation to conclude much from them.

The RPF is one of my favorite places and a ton of cash has been heading over there because of the amount of TLC that has been put into the custom projects but for me if eFX, a licensed company says these are made from the actual molds used in filming provided by LFL, then that is the end of argument. Engaging in arguments that it's not accurate enough at that point is just that psychotic. The Legend Edition will go down IMHO as THE definitive Star Wars collectible and the centerpiece of any collection.

The RPF is one of my favorite places and a ton of cash has been heading over there because of the amount of TLC that has been put into the custom projects but for me if eFX, a licensed company says these are made from the actual molds used in filming provided by LFL, then that is the end of argument. Engaging in arguments that it's not accurate enough at that point is just that psychotic. The Legend Edition will go down IMHO as THE definitive Star Wars collectible and the centerpiece of any collection.

:exactly::goodpost:

I've read page after page of this, and regular collectors like me keep asking these "vader experts" to tell us about the bumps and dimples and wrong aspects of this helmet, and all they do is bicker back and forth about how it's okay to point out problems cause this is about the mask and not about Gino, but about the mask and we should all get along and agree it's close but not what it could be and 3 other masks are better than this one, ect. ect. ect. God, it's 30 pages of that spew. I really was interested in what bumps and things were missing, but crap, I'm about convinced it's not out there. This is some sort of internal ____ fight I just happened into.

Back