eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

Seeing as the majority of the pics of these paint masters were taken under less than perfect conditions at the con, I thought I'd share some of the pics I took of them before I sent them to San Diego. Note the correct dome positioning. :happy

Hope you like them!

PS, yes of course the right tusk will ultimately have the black weathered paint. These tusks were just stand-ins delivered directly to San Diego the day of the con.

accurate version:

brush1.JPG

brush2.JPG

brush3.JPG

brush4.JPG

idealized version

spray1.JPG

spray2.JPG

spray3.JPG

yup, idealized version is more than good enough for me:rock Cheers to everybody who's getting one too, whichever version you get, it looks fantastic:duff

Gino, what are your thoughts on EFX's ability to replicate your paint master? Obviously my first instinct is to buy the hand-painted, accurate version so that I can own the helmet that I first saw (and loved) on-screen. That said, what are the odds that the factory painters will actually be able to match the detail and precision of the hand-painted master? When was the last time a factory weathering job really turned out like the prototype? Ultimately I may go for the sprayed, idealized version simply because the chances are higher that what we see is what we'll get.

By the way, Gino... I could tell you just finished painting the masters right before SDCC... because I smelled the fresh paint (especially early on Wednesday). :lol Good job, sir. :duff

Prowse was happy not to have fresh painted helmet when playing Vader, or he would have acted like kid Anakin and fainted all over the set :lol

Gino I wanted to ask you if you know about the interior of the helmet, if it is finished already or still work in progress?

Back