eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the choice, I prefer the McVader. I'm a fan of McQuarrie of course, and the lower edition size tells me to hold onto it. That and the deposit. Also, personally, I like the more obscure version, and would like to see peoples reactions to the McVader. If I can only own one, which is the most likely scenario, I will hang onto him. Also, it seems promising that there will be more in the line, such as the Stormtrooper announcement. If there were a Boba Fett, I may not be able to resist it, but as it stands the McVader will be the third highest ticket item in my collection. And honestly I'm trying to tone down my outrageous collecting habits anyway.

I am not opposed to getting both but I am leaning heavily to just the hand painted (watch them release each with a signature version ie. Prowse on the cleaned up and Brian Muir on the other, or a dual with the cleaned up lol. Total speculation on my part but that might spread the purchases around!) This will be a most welcomed addition with my ROTS version (which I also love) and the McQuarrie, which should be here soon! :vader :rock

If eFX offers a payment plan on this then its a no brainer. My fear is that they'll PO it quickly, even though it probably won't ship quickly and I'll miss out on a hesitation.

This will look great flanked by my 2 Stormtrooper helmets: eFX LE and MR CE. The SS bust is really cool, but this will be THE Vader item to own, no question about it.

I would love to get this to go with my Sideshow Vader Bust and eFX Concept Vader, but i just don't have the space or the money. Damnit!!!! :(

as per my previous post, this info is a little different (the dude i spoke to gave me my info well after the presentation)... i must say, i like the sound of equal edition sizes and same price points on the helmets, but it doesn't make much business sense.

SO that means I have to pay $899,- for the normal and exclusive version? :cuckoo:

It would make sense if the hand-painted version is available only through eFX for $899 and the "pristine" version was through the ADs for $899. This would have the net effect of making the hand-painted version (which should theoretically cost more because of the labor of hand-painting) more expensive because it would be all profit to eFX (as opposed to having some profit go to ADs, especially given that ADs generally mark things down %5, give or take).

Just a theory.

Last edited:
Was it officially announced that the hand painted version is an 'exclusive' version?? I thought there where going to be two different versions, full stop.
Just pick the one you want and move on. The way these new helms look, there's certainly enough interest for both versions to sell out, no matter what.

ehhh... a lower price point would help to accelerate the process though. :)

There is no info on an exclusive yet, if there is there might be a signature edition. Thus both hand painted and sprayed versions might have their own autographed exclusive.

"exclusive" is a SST thing, e-fx has two distinct versions... i was told be an e-fx rep that the hand painted version would be very limited (150 - 200) and about $150 - $200 more. i think this makes absolute sense (how can they offer a hand painted version at the same price point and still maintain the quality of the proto?)...

Last edited:
Back