eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is their LE ANH helmet.

Somehow it looks different...there seems to be an actual separation by the sides and the cheek line...not to mention something different about the dome...I just saw this, but I'm gonna ask Bryan or Gino when I get the chance.

Perhaps a more common wearable edition like their symmetrical stormtrooper-- but just cleaned up and not symmetrical since it would change Vader as we know him...

The problem is that even if it is a completely new helmet (Legend, LE or PCR) will take eons until we see it produced.

BTW a couple more pics - ESB reveal lines next to the tubes maybe:

vader.jpg

vader2.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Could this be something like their PCR cheaper helmets? No fiberglass, but ABS maybe - see the smooth interior of the dome?

Or is this the Anovos helmet? Need to look at Anovos site to see what Vader are they making

I thought I read somewhere that this would be a cheaper version, and availible for preorder in January. I can't find where I read it though.

Someone on another board said this Vader lid is indeed ABS. Maybe a PCR Vader?

Yeah, someone on The RPF said it was ABS, & it's supposed to be the ANH helmet. It does have less of a widows peak, much more even paint, & both tusks are stainless. The lower chin triangle is defiantly ANH though. Wish they'd make a ESB or Jedi Vader.
It's definitely not the ANOVOS Vader however. Theirs will be fiberglass, & be closer to the ESB/Jedi Vader.

From the efx fb profile - thanks to Fenner:

"Also, come by and check out our new tooling master (prototype) ANH Precision Cast Replica (PCR) Darth Vader Helmet. The master pattern was cast from the Rick Baker mold just like our Legend Edition! This is made in injection molded ABS. The MSRP will be $299 and they will be available starting in January."

Instead of making LE and Legend they should have made Legend only, make it available everywhere, and then make this PCR one.

Message from Gino on RPF:

This is the ANH Darth Vader helmet PCR.
It was made from a scan of the Legend master and will be injection molded.
I have to say that I was very impressed with the initial prototype as from several feet away it could just about pass for one of the fiberglass limited versions.
The helmet in the pics was the first attempt so improvements have already been made such as the widows peak, chin triangle cutout, and return edges on the dome. The paint job will be better and the lenses and mesh are just temporary stand-ins.

The price point for this piece is estimated to be $299
Timeframe for release is estimated to be early next year.

I went with a guy at the RPF...there is no way this is out early next year :lol

This is a helmet that goes between the low end Rubies, Hasbro etc. and high end EFX (LE and Legend) and MR. A nice helmet, quite ok for trooping regarding weight, price and accuracy. The only thing is to see when it will be released.

This is a helmet that goes between the low end Rubies, Hasbro etc. and high end EFX (LE and Legend) and MR. A nice helmet, quite ok for trooping regarding weight, price and accuracy. The only thing is to see when it will be released.
I wondered about that. Thanks.

Message from Gino on RPF:
Timeframe for release is estimated to be early next year.

The MSRP will be $299 and they will be available starting in January."

Well now that's just brilliant. With wording like that, when this thing shows up on the eFX website, it can sit there for the next 5 years and still be accurate! The only question is, which January? 2021?

I wonder how this will compare to the Anovos offering. Glad to have options.

***Edited to add: Nevermind, just read the Anovos is based on ESB.

Last edited:
Back