eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me has a sad. :( Already ended the emotions/worries for the arrival of Vader helmet in good shape, now beginning the worries for eFX TIE Fighter. Never had any worries for other companies products neither for fan made/custom ones, but with eFX, they like to keep you on the toes...

Yea... It kind of kills the joy of purchasing new stuff. If you are too concerned (and have good reason to) that your item arrives in good shape.

Shouldn't be like that.

A Legend on ebay, has pictures showing a cloth wrap and some kind of sponge helping protect the helmet from hitting the hard styrofoam.

A Legend on ebay, has pictures showing a cloth wrap and some kind of sponge helping protect the helmet from hitting the hard styrofoam.

The one I bought from another member here, was sent just like that. #202, kept it safe and purdy aside from some styrafoam marks on the inside of the dome that wiped away easily. Not sure when they started doing that, but would have saved a lot of time and money. I'm still going to have the wife sew me some helmet covers just like the MR ep3 vader helmet, in case this needs to be packed up and stored.

How long does this piece take to finally shipped from the day PO started? I saw on eFX site that if you are an international buyer then the shipping cost over $300-500 to some country. It's that even correct? Shipping to Romania was set at $690. That is stupid and ridiculous. Could it be the same with Thor's helmet?

Last edited:
How long does this piece take to finally shipped from the day PO started? I saw on eFX site that if you are an international buyer then the shipping cost over $300-500 to some country. It's that even correct? Shipping to Romania was set at $690. That is stupid and ridiculous. Could it be the same with Thor's helmet?

Yes shipping to Australia was $460 it was cheaper to cancel loose the $300 deposit and buy locally. I suggest if you are an international customer you stay well away from efx and wait to see what you can get it locally for

The price quoted by eFX is real. And stupid and ridiculous too indeed.

Added one of these fantastic Darth Vader helmets to my collection today.:yess:

jan2013_0151.JPG

Anybody have an acrylic cover made for one of these in the US? I'm looking to get one, but the prices are insane for the few companies I've found online that do it.

Check you local yellow pages under plastic suppliers. I have a place in town i call and give them dimensions and theyll make a plexiglass cover. It s what i did for my MR Falcon.

I have my helmet from thursday but noticed some scrathes on the metalplate of the base is it possible to remove this ? Have someone experince with it ?

I have my helmet from thursday but noticed some scrathes on the metalplate of the base is it possible to remove this ? Have someone experince with it ?

You CAN remove that, its a metal sheet sandwhiched between the arcylic and base held in place by the thumb screws. I had the same problem but I just left it alone because it wasn't too bad. If also helped to wipe down the inside of acrylic as some debris was trapped in between.

You just need to unscrew the 4 screws on the corners. Simply lift the acrylic plate and gently dust the metal sheet. It will not take more than 2 minutes and is easy to do it. The result will be rewarding. My eFX TIE Fighter also had a bit of dust inside the stand and I cleaned it up.

Back