Prop eFX Collectibles - Darth Maul Lightsaber Legend - Signature Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Master Replicas made a great idealized version back in 2003, which is still available at very reasonable prices on the secondary market.

Weathering for props is usually more pronounced than weathering on something that is not going to be used on screen. Because details don't appear as crisp on screen, there is a certain amount of overkill done depending on the prop. In this case, the weathering is an exact copy of the weathering on the hero prop, so you'll be getting something totally accurate, warts and all.

:goodpost:

For example, this Obi Wan lightsaber replica actually looks like a real-life Jedi used it for years and I think the weathering is fantastic:

obi-wan-kenobi-ep-iii-rots-0-45-mini-lightsaber-replica.jpg

... however, it may not be screen accurate.

To each his own.

Maul was awesome but his unlit saber just doesn't have the character of any of the sabers from the OT. Just looks like a non-descript grey tube with a couple of red buttons IMO.
I disagree a little bit. Although as you say it's not a saber with the most details, I still think it's really iconic, especially with it being dual so extra long. But I'm not a collector of sabres and the only two I'm interested in are Maul's and Vader's, I can understand that collectors would want OT props the most! I like PT as well even though it can't compare to OT and Maul is my favourite character from PT. Used to paint our faces like him when we were kids and the movie came out. :lol

:goodpost:

For example, this Obi Wan lightsaber replica actually looks like a real-life Jedi used it for years and I think the weathering is fantastic:

obi-wan-kenobi-ep-iii-rots-0-45-mini-lightsaber-replica.jpg

... however, it may not be screen accurate.

To each his own.

That Obi-wan saber does look good, but I think this is a picture of the .45 scale. You're just selling yourself "short" if you prefer this

That Obi-wan saber does look good, but I think this is a picture of the .45 scale. You're just selling yourself "short" if you prefer this

You misunderstood, but that's OK.
I'm admiring only the way they weathered the piece to make it look worn/used, scale be damned.

You misunderstood, but that's OK.
I'm admiring only the way they weathered the piece to make it look worn/used, scale be damned.

Nah, just a poor attempt at a double entendre. The weathering looks amazing on the 1/1 version too, I just wish I could find one for a decent price.

eFXBryan said:
Hey Bryan, thanks for coming on here and chatting with us! I'm not sure if you'll see this question but I was wondering if this comes with a display base similar to what the Luke Reveal and Ahsoka sabers had? It sounds like it from the description on the site but the pictures only show the saber sitting on the plaque stand. Thanks again, can't wait to PO tomorrow morning!

Yes! IT comes with our standard wood, metal and acrylic base so that you can add a cover if you like. We did not put it in the picture because it will made the pictures even smaller, because the lightsaber is so wide!

I PO'd without knowing this. :blissy

Back