Prop eFX Collectibles - Darth Maul Lightsaber Legend - Signature Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so long a wait according to GINO!

:mexwave

It's funny how the official distributor here took orders way earlier than there in the US.
Maybe they thought 8-13 9am local time. :lol

Still waiting for my Mjolnir but I PO'd this anyway. I wish eFX always took POs with only 2-3 months before release. I know it may not be the most economical for eFX but least customers will be much happier.

Still waiting for my Mjolnir but I PO'd this anyway. I wish eFX always took POs with only 2-3 months before release. I know it may not be the most economical for eFX but least customers will be much happier.

From what Bryan has said, it sounds like they will be announcing ES up front to get the props/models a little head start so when pre-order time comes the wait should be significantly reduced.

There's already a pic of what looks to be a couple hundred of Maul sabers just a few steps shy of completion - that right there is a huge leap forward. Props to eFX for making this change.

From what Bryan has said, it sounds like they will be announcing ES up front to get the props/models a little head start so when pre-order time comes the wait should be significantly reduced.

There's already a pic of what looks to be a couple hundred of Maul sabers just a few steps shy of completion - that right there is a huge leap forward. Props to eFX for making this change.

There was also a pic in one of eFX's last updates on Mjolnir showing hundreds of hammers that looked almost finished, just waiting for licensor approval, so I'm half-expecting a delay to happen with these sabers too but at least it doesn't look like it'll be as long of a wait :pray:

I certainly do hope eFX does get better with their turnaround times.

There was also a pic in one of eFX's last updates on Mjolnir showing hundreds of hammers that looked almost finished, just waiting for licensor approval, so I'm half-expecting a delay to happen with these sabers too but at least it doesn't look like it'll be as long of a wait :pray:

I certainly do hope eFX does get better with their turnaround times.

Understandable, however, there has never been a pic of that many pieces already that far along in development the day of the pre-order. Time will tell.

Maul was awesome but his unlit saber just doesn't have the character of any of the sabers from the OT. Just looks like a non-descript grey tube with a couple of red buttons IMO.

Borrowing Gino's pics from another forum. In the bottom 2 pics I don't even know which one is the original. Looks pretty damn close to the screen used prop to me!

efxdms4.JPG

efxvsoriginal1.jpg

efxvsoriginal2.jpg

But is it faithful to the original prop?

:exactly:
Being a faithful reproduction of the prop also entails precisely copying the weathering on the original prop,
no matter how good/badly it was done.

This is what makes the Legend line stand above the previous prop replicas we've had.

Gino's pics above walk the talk. :D

:exactly:
Being a faithful reproduction of the prop also entails precisely copying the weathering on the original prop,
no matter how good/badly it was done.

This is what makes the Legend line stand above the previous prop replicas we've had.

Gino's pics above walk the talk. :D
:clap

Also, keep in mind this replica is from a screen used prop, not so much Darth Maul lightsaber (Star Wars Universe) but rather Ray Park's saber. Hope that makes sense. If you want the ideal Maul Saber, get the MR one. This is for the screen accurate collector.

But is it faithful to the original prop?

Borrowing Gino's pics from another forum. In the bottom 2 pics I don't even know which one is the original. Looks pretty damn close to the screen used prop to me!

efxdms4.JPG

Being accurate to the original prop is what really counts after all and judging by the picture above it seems they were able to achieve that.

Having said that , I won't have the original screen prop next to it. So looking at the replica by itself on my shelf, isn't going to change how I think it looks.

But at least this is being offered to those who want one.

Having said that , I won't have the original screen prop next to it. So looking at the replica by itself on my shelf, isn't going to change how I think it looks.

But at least this is being offered to those who want one.

:exactly: It all boils down to personal preference.

The Legend line caters to a really niche market.
I can imagine that a majority of SW fans would prefer idealized versions of lightsabers.

Weathering for props is usually more pronounced than weathering on something that is not going to be used on screen. Because details don't appear as crisp on screen, there is a certain amount of overkill done depending on the prop. In this case, the weathering is an exact copy of the weathering on the hero prop, so you'll be getting something totally accurate, warts and all.

Back