eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The CATTOYS looks okay online but has some significant inaccuracies like a raised star and a couple undefined/un grooved/paint only transitions. That and it too can be quite pricey for an unlicensed knock off.

The CATTOYS looks okay online but has some significant inaccuracies like a raised star and a couple undefined/un grooved/paint only transitions. That and it too can be quite pricey for an unlicensed knock off.

Yeah I thought it was just me that noticed the raised star. Bugs the hell out of me. It's so hard finding a good shield! XD

I will definitely let you know! :)

I got an email back from BBTS yesterday, saying that both the King Arts and efx shields will not be
in stock until late April or early May. Not sure what the delay is on the KA shield now.

They updated the efx listing to April a little while ago, with this being the 2nd half of the shields
from efx, who knows if they will be delayed again or not.

The KA listing in my preorders still says Q1 2015.

:impatient:

No 958 in the house in London, England. Have to give a shout-out to Elite Collectibles on eBay who were great throughout the whole usual EFX delays process (especially considering I was well outside my paypal refund period, so easy for someone to stiff you, but they were great):

1kMD4D9.jpg

Haha, yeah bang-a-gong-it-is-on, that would be one expensive gong hit:p

Another angle, moving soon so will mount it at the new place.

DFM1wAg.jpg

Well, I received mine yesterday... and I am a little let-down by it.
The size is perfect, and I get that it is the stunt shield replica and all, but my biggest gripes are:

- The feel of the shield. Guess I did not know what to expect when I opened the box, but it feels weird.
Not plasticky, not metal, just odd. Almost like a wooden block.

- The star. Again, the star. Mine has next to no detailing left inside the star. The lines are almost completely
covered up by the paint, and the little circles are even less pronounced than the lines.
That is a huge part of the detail of Cap's shield, and it look bad up close. Really bad on mine.

- The grooves between the color breaks are not painted the best on mine, they are acceptable,
but I would prefer cleaner lines.

- As brought up many times before by others, the wall mount device is pure crap, plain and simple.
Would never display it with that.

I don't hate the shield by any means, but I will get my KA one in and possibly sell this one.
I wish I had a better review of it, and maybe I am too picky, but this is just my honest take on it.

The size is perfect, and I get that it is the stunt shield replica and all, but my biggest gripes are:

- The feel of the shield. Guess I did not know what to expect when I opened the box, but it feels weird.

- The star. Again, the star. Mine has next to no detailing left inside the star. The lines are almost completely
covered up by the paint, and the little circles are even less pronounced than the lines.
That is a huge part of the detail of Cap's shield, and it look bad up close. Really bad on mine.

- The grooves between the color breaks are not painted the best on mine, they are acceptable,

- As brought up many times before by others, the wall mount device is pure crap, plain and simple.

I don't hate the shield by any means, but I will get my KA one in and possibly sell this one.
I wish I had a better review of it, and maybe I am too picky, but this is just my honest take on it.

Very very nice and thorough review. :) And I will gladly take it off your hands if you decide to do so in selling this. :D

Ideally, I want the back and leather straps of the efx shield, with the front and aluminum material of the KA one.
I also want the packaging and the metal numbered plaque of the efx one, but the stand of the King Arts one.

So yeah, I am pretty much screwed, lol.

Ideally, I want the back and leather straps of the efx shield, with the front and aluminum material of the KA one.
I also want the packaging and the metal numbered plaque of the efx one, but the stand of the King Arts one.

See the straps don't concern me. I want them to be there but as long as they look functional I'm good. Again I come from more wanting something that I could imagine Cap wielding as opposed to the exact one used on screen since they didn't really use Metal shields during the various movie productions.

I want to find out the measurements of the KA pedestal so that I can plan on where to place it.

As someone who has one, those are all the "problems" with it. Very accurate and it's just a matter of the owner being able to look past it or not.

The only solution would be to do a mix and match to make the perfect shield! Make it a project Dino :)

LOL. I think what every one wants, myself included, is the metal, high shine First Avenger shield with the prominently eteched star.
Unfortunately the only ones out there are hand made customs from the likes of Chris Fields.

I am happy with the EFX as I accept it for what it is; the screen accurate shield from act two of the Avengers through TWS.

The only solution would be to do a mix and match to make the perfect shield! Make it a project Dino :)

Once I get the KA in-hand, I will decide for sure, but I don't want to ruin a $600.00+ shield to frankenstein one together.

What my plan is right now for my display will be:

- King Arts Shield
- Padded A-Frame stand I have to stand it up
- efx Numbered Plaque with holder in front of it

Then I will package together and sell a lot that consists of:

- efx Shield
- efx Wall Bracket
- King Arts Pedestal Stand

I think that will attract a buyer well enough to get me some return on the overall price of both shields,
give me a display piece with Mjolnir that I am happy with and that will be the end of it. :)

As someone who has one, those are all the "problems" with it. Very accurate and it's just a matter of the owner being able to look past it or not.

If I did not have a preorder at the price I do for the KA shield, this would be my only shield. No doubt about it.
I don't hate the shield by any means. The thing I can't stand is the star detail. It is right there and should have been done better.
Whether it was wider/deeper grooves that would not have been covered up by the silver paint, or the paint application itself.

It is accurate in terms of material and build of the stunt shield. Just comes down to the details.

I think it all just depends what you want, EFX make screen accurate props and I think they capture the look of the actual shield, which has a somewhat matte finish in real life. EFX nailed the colours and to my eye KA just looks off in this respect.

I mean, I have EFX's lightsabers and alike and I generally prefer something reflective of the actual film, I don't want idealised versions, but I can see how it's not for everyone.

3738862-captainamerica_wintersoldier_bts02.jpg

Back