eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I am so torn on these two shields. I may stick with efx once I get it in-hand, but honestly, it seems like a toss-up.
They both look to have pros and cons. After seeing the behind the scenes video with the Cap shield clearly looking like the efx replica... I just don't know. :gah:

Like, the KA shields do look nice but I like the fact that Id be getting an exact replica of the shield they'd use on screen. I'd rather get the EFX, hands down but if I absolutely can't get one, then I'd get the KA.

I was finally able to take a pic of my Mjolnir and I absolutely love it, my only wish is that I would've gotten it sooner.

11024147_468061836678542_1440498305_n.jpg

I noticed that among the 3 shields that the BTS video pans through, the middle one (0:28 mark) may be an aluminum shield, certainly has that metallic finish to it similar to the TFA hero, interesting if they go back to the metal shields for close-up shots. Could also be a fiberglass shield with metallic finish though. But yeah, you guys can clearly see that eFX delivers a replica that is pretty darn close to what's used on the set.

well after debating everything again, I'm back on the eFX bandwagon lol :slap. Problem is if I can snag another bbts order or not :panic:

well after debating everything again, I'm back on the eFX bandwagon lol :slap. Problem is if I can snag another bbts order or not :panic:

Azurepred you're hilarious! I'm sure there will be more cancellations coming. Right now it's hard to tell what's going on because everyone is waiting on all three companies to release their shields so they can compare.

yea, I think I would settle for the Lager version if I can't get the eFX. KA has the best display options of the 3 though.

From what I've seen though.......KA has some piss poor paint applications between the colors. Lines are not crisp or even. LAGER FTW. LOL.

From what I've seen though.......KA has some piss poor paint applications between the colors. Lines are not crisp or even. LAGER FTW. LOL.

So KA is out now? Lol this is hilarious. It seems every company has its pros and cons. Efx's definitely is the cheapo wall mount.

So KA is out now? Lol this is hilarious. It seems every company has its pros and cons. Efx's definitely is the cheapo wall mount.

Honesty though the wall mount is the easiest fix. Tons of custom options with gong, guitar and ornamental masonry displays; worst case you could hang it by the straps on a bike hook. Same goes for the pedestal. An easy build or use one that folks use to display all those South American Sun god sculptures and Mayan calendars on. TBH I prefer the EFX wall mount to the KA one based on the pictures of it in that thread. The lighting is the only draw as the frame/mount looks beyond cheap.

Biggest thing for me is how legitimate the shield looks.

To eye in comparing the classic base look shield EFX > Lager >>> KA. I am just way to hung up on the unlicensed Lager costing the same, if not more , than the licensed pieces to drop the cash on one right now. Perhaps your pictures will sway me Toycrypt :lol

i had a question for anyone who has ever dealt with efx customer service about problems...

I received my efx Mjolnir last week, the last one from one of their distributors.
The box was sealed, and I opened it up to find that the black metal plaque holder was not in the box.
Just an empty space where it should be. The metal plaque was in there, but now I have
Nothing to stand it up with.

I paid almost $800 with shipping for this piece, and he has no replacement for it.
I have emailed efx twice, and called their number several times with no one picking up.
Left a voicemail, but have not heard back.

Anyone know any other way to reach Bryan or anyone over at efx?

To eye in comparing the classic base look shield EFX > Lager >>> KA. I am just way to hung up on the unlicensed Lager costing the same, if not more , than the licensed pieces to drop the cash on one right now. Perhaps your pictures will sway me Toycrypt :lol

You have to have some patience. They are being sent by sea......I was to cheap to order by air.....twice the cost.

$800 for a hammer with heft that doesn't look movie accurate.......wow..............you realize it's something at the end of the day that your just gonna observe. Lager hammer about $100 if your not me......I got 5 of em @ $80 a pop. So basically I got 5 hammers for $320 less than your one hammer.......ouch. I hope the weight tickles your fancy.

Back