eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will come. I'm guessing they will put the next item for PO once the Hammer and Helmet are out of the way and so forth. I have a feeling we will see Cap's shield and helmet next.

That's all I want so I could PO it and forget about it for the few years I have to wait. I hope I can have it before the 2nd Cap movie comes out, at least.

Still undecided between IM helmet or Cap shield.
Maybe which ever comes first..

Well if Mjolnir gets delayed to 2014, I wont be getting anything.. :lol

I will check and see if Bryan is OK with me posting a picture of the latest Thor Hammer sample from the factory. I must say it looks great.

It took a while to find a factory who could do the shield inexpensively enough in resin/fiberglass, which is actually what the one seen on screen most is made out of. They are working on the prototype now and hopefully will have it ready by the end of the month.

So the Thor Hammer and Helmet should both be 2nd quarter releases. If all goes well with this first test shot from the factory, the Shield would likely be a 3rd quarter release and 2nd quarter PO.

That's insane! What a terrible downfall they've inflicted upon themselves. I remember back in the MR days circa 2002 you couldn't go wrong with that company! The last thing I ordered from eFX was their first LE Stormtrooper helmet, the one they were allowed to make to complete MR's unfinished one. I had zero problems with that process and Bryan even helped me through the ordering. It seemed to me like the torch had been handed to capable hands. Guess not :slap

That's an interesting POV. I'm not sure I would agree that eFX is intentionally inflicting harm upon themselves, but you are entitled to your opinion.

They are a small company, one that has nowhere near the funding that MR did. So one project getting set back has a cascading affect on all of the others. Could they have done some things differently along the way, sure. But they've also had a string of bad luck with factories that have cost them considerable time, money and reputation. Something that is being addressed, but will not be fixed overnight.

Give it some time.

Also, the edition sizes on both the Thor pieces will be very attractive to those who placed pre-orders for them.

I will check and see if Bryan is OK with me posting a picture of the latest Thor Hammer sample from the factory. I must say it looks great.

It took a while to find a factory who could do the shield inexpensively enough in resin/fiberglass, which is actually what the one seen on screen most is made out of. They are working on the prototype now and hopefully will have it ready by the end of the month.

So the Thor Hammer and Helmet should both be 2nd quarter releases. If all goes well with this first test shot from the factory, the Shield would likely be a 3rd quarter release and 2nd quarter PO.

Hey, who are you exactly? Are you involved with eFx in anyway? Regardless, I appreciate you coming here to give us an update. Bryan himself was here answering questions when this thread first started but he disappeared shortly after (probably because some of the criticism). At the time I didn't even know who he was, just though it someone that worked for eFx.

I'm somewhat disappointed to hear the hammer and helmet were already postponed. They were set for 1st quarter release. As long as there are no more delays than I guess it's not that bad of a wait though, specially if we get something that looks like the pictures above.

It's good that someone letting us know that efx hasn't forget the folks that POed from them. Okay, the shipping dates have been pushed back to 2nd quarter and that's fine. Stuff like that happens these days. If everything are true as we have been told then I am a bit relieved. I POed both helmet and hammer. Cannot wait to receive them. Will also get the shield and cap's helmet and IM helmet.

Hey, who are you exactly? Are you involved with eFx in anyway? Regardless, I appreciate you coming here to give us an update. Bryan himself was here answering questions when this thread first started but he disappeared shortly after (probably because some of the criticism). At the time I didn't even know who he was, just though it someone that worked for eFx.

I'm somewhat disappointed to hear the hammer and helmet were already postponed. They were set for 1st quarter release. As long as there are no more delays than I guess it's not that bad of a wait though, specially if we get something that looks like the pictures above.

he/she works closely with eFX in a specific professional capacity.

the Shield would likely be a 3rd quarter release and 2nd quarter PO.

tumblr_m6g0bhD1EA1rqu17w.gif

he/she works closely with eFX in a specific professional capacity.

Exactly. :)

And by 2nd quarter it could easily be late March/early April. Bryan is working on the collateral now and putting the finishing touches on the base, which are both good indicators that they will be ready to ship in the next 60-90 days.

That's an interesting POV. I'm not sure I would agree that eFX is intentionally inflicting harm upon themselves, but you are entitled to your opinion.

They are a small company, one that has nowhere near the funding that MR did. So one project getting set back has a cascading affect on all of the others. Could they have done some things differently along the way, sure. But they've also had a string of bad luck with factories that have cost them considerable time, money and reputation. Something that is being addressed, but will not be fixed overnight.

Give it some time.

Also, the edition sizes on both the Thor pieces will be very attractive to those who placed pre-orders for them.

'Bad luck' can't be going over well at the annual reviews, and, as a potential customer, doesn't really fly with me either. It would be nice to see them fix their website for starters.

I'm in their corner believe it or not. They have appealing licenses and staff that genuinely care about quality. But from the feedback recent customers are giving on this forum and others, it would be safe to assume they've taken a few steps back from the pleasant ordering experience I had years ago.

'Bad luck' can't be going over well at the annual reviews, and, as a potential customer, doesn't really fly with me either. It would be nice to see them fix their website for starters.

I'm in their corner believe it or not. They have appealing licenses and staff that genuinely care about quality. But from the feedback recent customers are giving on this forum and others, it would be safe to assume they've taken a few steps back from the pleasant ordering experience I had years ago.

Well, like I said you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not here to try and change anyone's mind, but rather to offer some insight. Ultimately eFX, like all companies, should be evaluated on their performance. But hopefully one's opinion is based more upon personal experience rather than on someone else's experience.

I've seen it where eFX has bent over backwards to assist customers having a problem, only to have them still turn around and blast them on the boards as though they had been completely ignored or not helped at all.

I've also witnessed absolute hysteria break out on various boards over perceived QC problems with an item, when in the end eFX had a grand total of 6 actual warranty returns or replacements over the entire run. So perspective is a healthy thing which is often set aside when things start going around on the internet. If one customer reads that another customer opens an item and finds a problem, the assumption is there must be a problem with their unit too. And thus starts the chain of events, bashing, criticism, threats....yes, even threats. I've seen this happen with other manufacturer's products as well though. Not just eFX.

As I've said, eFX has made its share of mistakes over the years, no question. But from sitting on this side of things I can tell you that not everything that is said or perceived is true. And yes, the "back luck" as you call it started with the X-Wing project and has been following them ever since. It doesn't sit well with you and it doesn't sit well with them either, I can assure you.

The reality is that eFX has produced a number of great products over the years. If people elect to focus only on the negatives that is certainly their choice, but there has been plenty of good to point to as well.

Well, like I said you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not here to try and change anyone's mind, but rather to offer some insight. Ultimately eFX, like all companies, should be evaluated on their performance. But hopefully one's opinion is based more upon personal experience rather than on someone else's experience.

I've seen it where eFX has bent over backwards to assist customers having a problem, only to have them still turn around and blast them on the boards as though they had been completely ignored or not helped at all.

I've also witnessed absolute hysteria break out on various boards over perceived QC problems with an item, when in the end eFX had a grand total of 6 actual warranty returns or replacements over the entire run. So perspective is a healthy thing which is often set aside when things start going around on the internet. If one customer reads that another customer opens an item and finds a problem, the assumption is there must be a problem with their unit too. And thus starts the chain of events, bashing, criticism, threats....yes, even threats. I've seen this happen with other manufacturer's products as well though. Not just eFX.

As I've said, eFX has made its share of mistakes over the years, no question. But from sitting on this side of things I can tell you that not everything that is said or perceived is true. And yes, the "back luck" as you call it started with the X-Wing project and has been following them ever since. It doesn't sit well with you and it doesn't sit well with them either, I can assure you.

The reality is that eFX has produced a number of great products over the years. If people elect to focus only on the negatives that is certainly their choice, but there has been plenty of good to point to as well.

'Bad luck' as you called it actually. Does luck exist? Citing that something that can't be quantified is following them around should make any rational person have a look in the mirror. You say you're not here trying to change minds but the rhetoric in your persuasion says otherwise. We will simply have to agree to disagree :)

'Bad luck' as you called it actually. Does luck exist? Citing that something that can't be quantified is following them around should make any rational person have a look in the mirror. You say you're not here trying to change minds but the rhetoric in your persuasion says otherwise. We will simply have to agree to disagree :)

Actually, you first used the term "bad luck", so that is why I used it in my response. Call it unfortunate circumstances beyond one's control if you wish. But there is no magic black rain cloud following anyone around. eFX has just had to deal with a number of unforeseen, unfortunate circumstances. Such is life.

As for your suggestion that I am indeed trying to change people's minds....I am free to post my thoughts and opinions, just like anyone else can. People are free to believe, think, or feel however they wish about things. I learned a long time ago that the only person you can change is yourself. So I don't spend any time trying to change anyone else.

And yes, we can agree to disagree.

Back