eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much for pre-order on April and release on summer. What a joke of company man! Same story all the time!

Well, regardless, I just got this from them:

Our FIRST Marvel collectible will be available at Comic Con!
y0g9X.jpg

These are the posters that are seen in Captain America: The First Avenger. The "Saluting" Captain America posters are a huge 25" X 36" and the "I Want You" Poster is 22" X 36" These posters are printed in the retro style that they may have been printed in the 1940's but on high quality, archival, acid-free, matte 80-pound paper stock.

Also check out the other great Marvel products that are coming soon!

Hope to see all of you in San Diego!

We'll see if they can at least print posters in time.

Fantastic. If they really produce these that one on the left will absolutely be mine.

I want them to release the damn Iron Man helmet! Only thing keeping me from buying on of the many amazing ones RPF is I know how accurate this will be.

forget the helmets, i want them to finish the tie fighter they promised TWO YEARS AGO.

this company is pure fail no matter how accurate their products are...

So much for pre-order on April and release on summer. What a joke of company man! Same story all the time!

y0g9X.jpg

These are the posters that are seen in Captain America: The First Avenger. The "Saluting" Captain America posters are a huge 25" X 36" and the "I Want You" Poster is 22" X 36" These posters are printed in the retro style that they may have been printed in the 1940's but on high quality, archival, acid-free, matte 80-pound paper stock.

Wow! These are great! First one will be bought!:yess:

y0g9X.jpg

These are great! I want the poster on the far right!

have to say i'm a little disappointed in the paint app for the iron man helmet, specifically the gold faceplate. it looks nothing like brushed metal. instead, has a plasticky finish that makes it look more like a cheap toy than a high-end replica. i hope i'm wrong and it's just the lighting but so far all the shots i've seen, even the close-ups have that same plastic finish.

have to say i'm a little disappointed in the paint app for the iron man helmet, specifically the gold faceplate. it looks nothing like brushed metal. instead, has a plasticky finish that makes it look more like a cheap toy than a high-end replica. i hope i'm wrong and it's just the lighting but so far all the shots i've seen, even the close-ups have that same plastic finish.

Hey bro. Believe the actual prop looked the same way too. :1-1:

errm, not sure what u mean by "actual prop", but doesn't efx try to make these things screen accurate? and onscreen in the iron man films, the gold faceplate looked like brushed metal, not that dull plasticky finish...

So has eFX actually given ANY information about Avengers items other than just showing their display? Are the trading cards going to be sold? Prices? Anything?

So has eFX actually given ANY information about Avengers items other than just showing their display? Are the trading cards going to be sold? Prices? Anything?

From their website it looks like they will be sold and include 2 sets. One regular and one bloodied.

I'm deciding between the Iron Man Helmet and the Sideshow 1:1 Bust. I'm leaning eFx at the moment...

These are the stunt prop replicas.

i'm aware of that. but i always thought even the stunt props were like the hero props, where the gold metallic finish would be properly represented. guess they added the metallic sheen in post.

still, disappointing if efx chooses not to go with what we're SUPPOSED to see on screen. the funny thing is, i saw an earlier pic where the faceplate was clearly metallic gold. have they changed things?

Man they really have missed their peek sales opportunity for these items.

Does eFX take a long time?

I've emailed them asking to be put on the newsletter like the website says to do but never got any sort of response or verification.

I do absolutely love the Iron Man helmet though, although I know where to get a darn near movie accurate helmet with motorized jaw and face plate hinges.

Back