eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Conclusion:
Those who have it, touched it and ove it. And those who don't, are expressing opinions based on photos.

Eh, not true. Saw it and touched it at eFX's Wondercon booth last year, was not impressed. It also didn't help I had my Chris Fields shield with me at the time. I'm much more impressed with eFX's Mjolnir (proud owner of one) than their Cap shield. However, it is a 100% faithful reproduction of a screen prop, so it has that going for itself.

Eh, not true. Saw it and touched it at eFX's Wondercon booth last year, was not impressed. It also didn't help I had my Chris Fields shield with me at the time. I'm much more impressed with eFX's Mjolnir (proud owner of one) than their Cap shield. However, it is a 100% faithful reproduction of a screen prop, so it has that going for itself.

That's all i want.

I think this shield looks nice as a representation of the screen used prop, and no-one can take that away from it

But I think if what you are wanting is a replica of the captain America shield as though it were a real thing, then you want a reproduction of the hero shield

And the KA pictures don't seem to have captured that either.

It sounds biased, but I really do believe that the finish on the Chris Fields shield is the best finish out there as far capturing that 'look'

It's the way the light radiates out from the centre and has different appearances over the painted and non painted sections

Again, I'm not trying to take anything away from Efx, their shield is perfect as a prop replica because that's exactly what it is

Yes, the only two shields to me worth owning are the eFx version for its on screen actual prop accuracy and a shield from Chris Fields. Best of both worlds right there.

I just opened my eFx shield and it is brilliant. I have no regrets buying this. I put it next to the Chris Fields shield and I feel now I have the stunt and hero shields right in my living room.

From the early shots of the KA shield so far it does look good. But each pic looks different, so it's hard to tell the color and accuracy until it's in someone's hands for a good assessment and review. Personally I think both eFx and KA will satisfy everybody to an extent, it just depends on what someone values more in their shield.

Yes, the only two shields to me worth owning are the eFx version for its on screen actual prop accuracy and a shield from Chris Fields. Best of both worlds right there.

I just opened my eFx shield and it is brilliant. I have no regrets buying this. I put it next to the Chris Fields shield and I feel now I have the stunt and hero shields right in my living room.

From the early shots of the KA shield so far it does look good. But each pic looks different, so it's hard to tell the color and accuracy until it's in someone's hands for a good assessment and review. Personally I think both eFx and KA will satisfy everybody to an extent, it just depends on what someone values more in their shield.

Oooh, can you take some pics of the two together?

Was waiting for someone who had both

I was never sure how accurate Chris got the size

Oooh, can you take some pics of the two together?

Was waiting for someone who had both

I was never sure how accurate Chris got the size

Yeah no prob galmando, when I get back home I'll take a pic...

I envy your Thor mjolinir collection. Lol. I only have the MR and eFx versions. You're the only person I know who has those and the Lager one!

I think this shield looks nice as a representation of the screen used prop, and no-one can take that away from it

But I think if what you are wanting is a replica of the captain America shield as though it were a real thing, then you want a reproduction of the hero shield

And the KA pictures don't seem to have captured that either.

It sounds biased, but I really do believe that the finish on the Chris Fields shield is the best finish out there as far capturing that 'look'

It's the way the light radiates out from the centre and has different appearances over the painted and non painted sections

Again, I'm not trying to take anything away from Efx, their shield is perfect as a prop replica because that's exactly what it is

That's what I was hoping KA's would have been, but I don't see it. Fields' is still the one to beat.

They ended the run on those, didn't they? Wish they would have done a few more....for people like us. :lol

That is a thing of beauty.

Look at it shimmer!

2rcxsme.jpg

Yep, he stopped making them a while ago. My fingers are always crossed for another run, always.

Yep, he stopped making them a while ago. My fingers are always crossed for another run, always.

And I would like to think that someone will keep us in the know if that happens. :lol Pending KAs release, it looks like there will still be a part of me that wants more.

Sorry, but all I have are crappy cell phone pics of the shields...here's the eFx and Chris Fields shield side by side. The eFx is the one on the left. The only differences are the eFx shield is less metallic and shiny (due to it being fiberglass I'm assuming), the star grooves are less pronounced and the size is slightly smaller. All of those things were expected with the stunt shield. So if you want an actual reproduction of the stunt prop down to a close detail then eFx is the way to go. I'm guessing the Chris Fields version is more in line with the hero shield, which may be what the KA version is trying to achieve.

I will have to say that the eFx has some serious weight to it and it is also very thick. A lot heavier and thicker than I was expecting for sure...

Sorry, but all I have are crappy cell phone pics of the shields...here's the eFx and Chris Fields shield side by side. The eFx is the one on the left. The only differences are the eFx shield is less metallic and shiny (due to it being fiberglass I'm assuming), the star grooves are less pronounced and the size is slightly smaller. All of those things were expected with the stunt shield. So if you want an actual reproduction of the stunt prop down to a close detail then eFx is the way to go. I'm guessing the Chris Fields version is more in line with the hero shield, which may be what the KA version is trying to achieve.

I will have to say that the eFx has some serious weight to it and it is also very thick. A lot heavier and thicker than I was expecting for sure...

Thanks for the photos! I was lucky enough to grab a pre order from BBTS for the EFX and KA shields. Now I'm hoping I can compare them in person before deciding which to keep. These port delays may actually work in my favor.

The CF looks great too!

Back