eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The time is drawing nigh! efx just posted on Facebook the following image and comment:

"Just received a sample of the production shield from the factory! We will inspect it thoroughly and discuss any issues with the factory in the next day or so. Then, if everything is to our specifications, we will ship the container from Asia. Thanks for you patience, but this first group took a little longer that we had anticipated, but we wanted to make sure the it is right!"

Going the custom route so I'm going to be cancelling my eFX shield on BBTS soon. Anyone want to coordinate and pick up my order? Figured I'd ask, shoot me a PM if you're interested. Also have a King Arts classic shield with the pedestal I'll be cancelling as well.

Email update from efx overnight:

As some of you read on our Facebook page last night (facebook.com/efxinc) that we received an actual production shield from our manufacturing partner in Asia. Today, we thoroughly inspected it and we are happy to tell you that there were only a couple very minor issues that we wanted to address before shipping the first container. The factory always waits on "pins and needles" when we inspect our products, since we are so picky!

This first container is allocated to our customers who paid for the shield in full. As you may recall, we established the quantity of the shields that would be available for pre-order with the "paid in full" option on the estimated quantity that could fill a container.

Once we get confirmation that the container is en-route to Los Angeles, we will contact you via e-mail with the estimated date of arrival and other relevant information that you may need to know. Remember, if you live in the continental USA, your shipping/handling is included. All other customers will be notified of the shipping/handling costs, minus the $45 credit, that will be due. Note to our international customers: You will still be responsible for any duties, taxes and fees levied by your country.

For our customers who placed their pre-orders with the $200 deposit, the factory is working on the next container and we will have a schedule for the next container shortly. We actually ran out of some of the components since we rejected a large quantity of them due to QC issues. Unfortunately, a lot of components that were used in this prop are items that would normally not be subject to QC requirements as strict as ours, for example, the buckle, which is simply used for webbing.
We have attached a couple pictures for you to see what is coming! The shield comes in a handy (and I might add "quite fashionable") carrying bag! (This bag is actually made for a gong and it fits perfectly!)

lf you have any questions, or if we can be of any assistance, please contact us at [email protected]

Once again, and as usual, we thank you for your patience as we strive to deliver the most accurate, highest quality prop replica that we are able to.

The EFX Team

I got the email and I can't even blame the people who complain about EFx. How do you include all those "pictures" and none of the actual shield? I can't help but think that showing this carrying bag was some sort of delay tactic to buy them some more time:lol

A bag for something you beat on with a hammer? better than nothing :lol

Nothing...which is what the product description said you'd get in addition to the shield. However, they are providing us with a quality carrying case/bag designed to protect something of value as a courtesy. I'll gladly take this type of surprise every time.

Back