eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not oxidation. So he should keep the EFX shield so the handles can fall off when he picks it up? :lol

Be sure to post the bad on all of these shields. EFX facebook page was littered with people posting complaints the fiberglass is so cheap the metal screws are popping out of the back of the shield. Those also are getting deleted on their page.

Yep! that's why I cancelled mine...I am not paying $600 + for a shield that cannot be handled or at least carried around.Fiberglass is a BIG FAIL!

As a display piece,fine! whatever! but I would like to hold my shield and carry it around without worrying about it breaking.

Yep! that's why I cancelled mine...I am not paying $600 + for a shield that cannot be handled or at least carried around.Fiberglass is a BIG FAIL!

As a display piece,fine! whatever! but I would like to hold my shield and carry it around without worrying about it breaking.

There is a couple things about the wall mount breaking on but nothing about shield problems that i can find anyplace. Seems like more people would have heard about it besides hokietwo. EFX designed this as a cosplay piece to carry around and it based on the stunt shield so it should be very tough.

How weak are the screws? As I played around :wink1: with it for a week or so (not for any great length of time) then mounted it on the wall. What type of actions was causing the problems?

There is a couple things about the wall mount breaking on but nothing about shield problems that i can find anyplace. Seems like more people would have heard about it besides hokietwo. EFX designed this as a cosplay piece to carry around and it based on the stunt shield so it should be very tough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah good luck with that very tough durability.

You are not hearing more about it is there are only like 100 of these released worldwide since EFX cannot get product out the damn door.

I have no reason to lie. If you want to buy this cheap crap then its your money to waste. Here's the link to the forum and pics for the lazy. See below, it is held in by a 1/2 inch machine screw (read for metal) in fiberglass. Those threads are so small I really don't know how they are holding it together just sitting.

If you click through and check in that StatueForm thread there are 2 cases of the straps falling out and a third poor guy got his shipped and the damn bracket was not even attached to the shield. That's three bad shields. So if we are going by the chicken little sky is falling mentality for the KA shields everyone should just cancel their EFX and go cry in the corner.

I can handle some overspray on a metal shield that can be repainted. Good luck with this. That shield is ruined, no coming back from it. If the KA shield straps broke, you can tap the metal to a larger hole and set the pop rivets to a bigger size and it is fixed.

Enjoy the salad bowl.:lol

Busted Shield -> Statue Forum - View Single Post - EFX - Captain America Shield
Note: This person contacted Brian at EFX and has not received any contact back about the replacement timeframe. Responded to ship it back with no communication on a replacement. Most likely reason for silence on replacements is the fact they have no stock and don't want to tell the guy to wait a month or two.

Bad screws not tightened in shield -> Statue Forum - View Single Post - EFX - Captain America Shield

Screw in plastic bag bad QC - > Statue Forum - View Single Post - EFX - Captain America Shield

EFX%20CRAP_zpsvteuoxph.jpg

Bummer, looks like the bolt on the other side was not attached properly. I fix and make custom parts for vehicles all the time, so i could fix that and make it stronger pretty easily but that should not happen and sounds like EFX is going to take care of it. There was a really nice 100% Aluminum shield on ebay a couple months ago that was the best looking i have ever seen but i passed because it had the AoU type handles and not the straps. it was only $550, i should have picked that one up.

Bummer, looks like the bolt on the other side was not attached properly. I fix and make custom parts for vehicles all the time, so i could fix that and make it stronger pretty easily but that should not happen and sounds like EFX is going to take care of it. There was a really nice 100% Aluminum shield on ebay a couple months ago that was the best looking i have ever seen but i passed because it had the AoU type handles and not the straps. it was only $550, i should have picked that one up.

EFX has not contacted that guy with a new shield and only offered free return shipping. Brian has not responded back to him on a replacement. I totally get the prop love and lineage on this EFX but it is not a play shield. That fiberglass is cheap and it is not designed to be a durable shield its a display piece. Movie set props are fun things but I bet that Chris Evans had about five or six stunt shields that broke probably once every other take and needed repaired bonded and whatnot. That material was used to be easy on the actor to wield and not for cosplay, in general as most props they are cheap items tossed together with mostly crap laying around the studio and painted up to look good on camera. Movie Magic love.

That's probaly true. I am only picking one these up to be displayed behind glass on the wall. It will probably never leave the house. So that's why i don't really care about what it is made out of. I have a cheap one for halloween and other times i dress up as cap that i don't care what happens to it. I'm still going to keep an eye on eBay to see if another one of those AoU shields pops up.

Yeah, my bolt ripped out of my shield as well. I go into a bit of detail of it in my unboxing vid. I was standing comepletely still, not moving at all with the shield in the traditional upright position, just to take a photo. The bolt popped out of the thread. Upon inspection, the bolt wasn't screwed in very deep, and where the threads were screwed in, ripped out. Fortunately, I just screwed it further in where there was still some thread left, and vowed never to hold it by it's straps ever again.

https://youtu.be/ITWpWX5gUvc

Yeah, my bolt ripped out of my shield as well. I go into a bit of detail of it in my unboxing vid. I was standing comepletely still, not moving at all with the shield in the traditional upright position, just to take a photo. The bolt popped out of the thread. Upon inspection, the bolt wasn't screwed in very deep, and where the threads were screwed in, ripped out. Fortunately, I just screwed it further in where there was still some thread left, and vowed never to hold it by it's straps ever again.

https://youtu.be/ITWpWX5gUvc

Great honest video :clap

I can live with the bolt problem but the lint in the paint would probably be to hard for me to overlook.

Screws are not really meant to be used in Fiberglass to secure tight....it's inevitable the screws are going to come out carrying it around/holding it often

as a display piece,sure it looks good...but its USELESS beyond that...

All the talk about weak screws are kind of making me hesitant on getting this. I'm sure I'll mostly have a shield as a display piece but wouldn't mind picking it up from time to time. What do you guys think?

damn, looks like I will end up jumping off the bandwagon for the 2nd time. For $600, you should be able to carry the freaking thing around without it breaking. If anyone wants one, PM me by the end of the night.

You too dw? Is it the screw thing cause I'm a little freaked about it too

That, and I think I'm happy with my KA despite those paint flaws. I don't want to carry the eFX to a convention and then have it break all of sudden before or after getting it signed. :slap It might just be me and what I do for a living, but if I own Captain America's shield, I'm gonna be carrying it around, wielding it, and posing with it, so it better be able to handle that... :lol

That, and I think I'm happy with my KA despite those paint flaws. I don't want to carry the eFX to a convention and then have it break all of sudden before or after getting it signed. :slap It might just be me and what I do for a living, but if I own Captain America's shield, I'm gonna be carrying it around, wielding it, and posing with it, so it better be able to handle that... :lol

I'm in the same boat I wanna bring this out once in a while for cons. I'm actually still hoping they'll fix it or maybe pray I get my hands on a good one... Nobody wants to spend that much money on a shield that'll break like that

Back