Edition Number, Any Real Difference Between Low and High?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skillet

Super Freak
Reaction score
I can see with screen prints or custom molds, earlier editions would have cleaner products, theoretically. But for statues that are production run, are there any real differences? Plus, the way they are made to be interchangable, low edition really only applies to the base, correct? You could get an early run numbered base but a late run statue. I'm guessing that they finish all the pieces and parts and number them all at assembly. It shouldn't matter but I still find myself looking/asking for the edition number.

How do they control for a base that has to be replaced, does it get an unumbered edition?

Just wondering if anyone have deeper insights into the process... :huh

It's all random. You do NOT get a statue that is numbered in the order they are produced. You can have a statue numbered 10 and it easily could be the 300 statue produced coming off the line. It just best to be sure the statue you receive is well made and has no defects. Don't worry so much what number you have. For me great QC tumps a low number any day of the week.

Numbers don't matter much on Sideshow stuff. Sure there are some weirdos out there who pine over them but unless its super low (1-10) on a popular piece or a significant number like 13 on a Jason PF it isn't gonna be worth more if at all - unless you have 2 weirdos bidding on it.

Low numbers are useful if the EX edition still doesn't give you enough ego boost to get through the day.

At that point you should concentrate on how the low the number is. The fact that SS numbers are very random and actually mean nothing isn't relevant to the potential self esteem boost you may receive.

Now go forth and buy !

Edition numbers are random at official licensed props like Master Replicas or eFX as well.

Back