ECC Grey Alien bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't mind the wait! I know SC usually gives you a better price if you email them directly...hmm

You just simply ask for the best price on the product :) They usually list their ebay prices for "or best offer". It's how I got a steal on an F4F Dr. Robotnik statue. This is why I alwaaaaaaaaays wait...for regular statues if anything.

Mine has arrived, I'm super busy with work given the time of year, but I'll try to get some pictures up over the next few days. First impressions were that the packaging is exceptional! As somebody who usually collects Sideshow stuff (which has perfectly adequate packaging) this was an unexpected and very welcome surprise. The dividers between the shipping and art box, the high quality grey poly box, even the extra thick tape that holds the poly box together all adds to the experience and ECC should be commended for the extra effort.

First thoughts upon peeling back the cloth cover was that there was a real Alien inside looking back at me! This things is pretty damn awesome looking! The paint is for the most part, very good indeed! The veins and spotting is thankfully more subtle in person, and the grey is darker than some of the pictures have suggested, all good things for my personal tastes. It is a bit lighter than I expected, but not that light that it ruins the overall feel of quality. The bottom of the base is completely covered in soft foam with an attractive gold plaque. So very good over all then..

However...

Mine unfortunately has some damage, it definitely isn't from shipping. Firstly, the name plaque has been very sloppily applied with some scratching around the edge and glue bulging out of it. Secondly, the base, which is a very classy gloss black affair, has some blemishes. It's hard to explain, the best I can do is to say it looks like when you remove sellotape and the broken up residue remains. There is no residue to remove however, I've tried polishing it but it isn't budging. If it were on the back, I wouldn't mind so much but it is right on the front above the plaque. Oh and I agree about the eyes, they aren't bad, but they certainly could be better, mine have some air bubbles trapped behind them which I'll try to squeeze out a bit if I can. Fortunately they look just fine when you step back a bit or put it up on display. Not exactly what I expected from this company then, but seeing as we've heard so few complaints of this nature I think it's fair to assume mine was a one off, maybe it was finished off at 5pm on a Friday or something.

Glad you finally got him. everyone seems to say he's darker in front of you. Is it like a one tone hrey or are there sub tones of white?

Im thinking of ordering this tonight for christmas. What do you think of the eyes?

Like I said, they are okay when you step back, but could have been done a little better. I would easily recommend this despite my bad luck. It's dark here, I'll let you know more about the grey tones when it brightens up tomorrow. If you like the look of it though, just order it, he's cool..

Oh I see, I skim read the bottom part... they look very reflective in pictures. I do think he looks super cool. will probably order him later on.

I like this piece. Really cool. Can't wait to see your review...get some tight shots of those eyes!!

I will do. Il try and get it in the right light also as iv heard he's a bit of a pain to photo ...

This thing is crazy. Had some really nice sun light today so had a real good look at him. The way this changes under different light sources is so impressive. In daylight , you will see a much lighter bust , more of a light grey with pink and purple tones sitting underneath the skin. You will also see the tiny skin blemishes , the darker grey spots and veins running through it. The eyes have a blue look to them but at night , they look black and alive. Iv heard some say the eyes could have been better... I actually think they are one of the strongest parts of this bust to the point you'll feel let down they dont blink. Also, the pits in the skin and the wrinkles just make it look so real. I was also pleasantly surprised by its size especially the head as its quite large. If your into aliens and ufo's.... you will love this. If your like me and like something that will draw your attention, looks a bit freakishly real and are a fan of steve Wang's work, again, you will love this.

Also i will add its very hard to photo the translucency on this and really has to be seen in hand.
Uploading a vid of him as we speak :wink1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN5mTk_noo4

Last edited:
Great pictures! My Girlfriend finally discovered mine today, it went down relatively well lol.. I'm surprised it took her this long ;)

Congrats gypsycatcha! I have the same opinions of this one. It's excellent!
Thanks buddy. Yea im super happy with this . Really awesome bust.

Great pictures! My Girlfriend finally discovered mine today, it went down relatively well lol.. I'm surprised it took her this long ;)
thanks mate. My gf actually thinks its quite cute lol. Bet she wouldnt say that if i left her alone with him lol.

Back