ECC Gremlins 2 Gizmo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want this...likely won't happen for me though.

It's a tough one for sure at the price point but I think this one will be a sought after grail piece in the future perhaps ,I dare say, doubling its value later on, especially at the lower edition of less than 300.
I will sell some of my stuff to get this, I think it will be a worth while investment and a real premium collectible to have,at the very least.

[emoji868]
Max Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I asked the question, the question about edition and if they reached the 500 on this one and here is the response:

Thank you for email. Although we forgot to switch the status on our listing, all orders after March 1st have been waitlisted. We have modified the listing today to reflect this. The final number as of March 2nd was less than 300 units so most likely we will not hit the 500 limit. As you know, we only produce the exact number that have been pre-ordered.

So it's fair to say if you POD this one it will be very limited at less than 300.

[emoji868]
Max Power

That's great news! I was hoping for a really low edition size on this. I think high end collectibles deserve a low ES.

I wonder how Freddy and Jason did/will do...

Okay guys this is for anyone waiting on this piece. I asked ECC when will it ship and here is their answer-it's coming so get your money ready!

We will not be shipping Gizmo until the end of next month. By the time it reaches our shipping facility here in the USA, it will most likely be early August.

Cinemaquette.com
[email protected]

[emoji868]
Max Power

Thanks for the update Max,
I'm buying this one purely on spec and resale. Hoping I don't end up screwed but if I do it'll look bad a$& in the man cave:)

Thanks for the update Max,
I'm buying this one purely on spec and resale. Hoping I don't end up screwed but if I do it'll look bad a$& in the man cave:)

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with this one; It's from a well know continuing franchise, it will be ECC quality, and the edition size will be small (300 or less). I mean the vinyl Gizmo,before its reissue, which was 300-400, was going for 1000-2000 and people were actually buying it. So I think your good on your investment on this one.

[emoji868]
Max Power

disagree on any investment coming from Gizmo. Most ECC pieces do not go up in value btw. With shipping prices being insane and PP/ebay fees, you are lucky to break even selling a ECC piece. They are actually the worst company when it comes to that, but that's because they sale a high quality item for a high price. $2k collectibles are very hard to move in general unless it's widely seen as grail status. The only ECC piece that goes for substantially more than retail is the Lycan bust. 1 item.

disagree on any investment coming from Gizmo. Most ECC pieces do not go up in value btw. With shipping prices being insane and PP/ebay fees, you are lucky to break even selling a ECC piece. They are actually the worst company when it comes to that, but that's because they sale a high quality item for a high price. $2k collectibles are very hard to move in general unless it's widely seen as grail status. The only ECC piece that goes for substantially more than retail is the Lycan bust. 1 item.

Well I hope your wrong azurepred for the people buying it as an investment,for me it's more for pleasure. Not sure about other pieces although I know the Lycan piece does have value, but one thing I do know is that people were paying 1K for the vinyl Gizmo when it wasn't available on eBay and that was just a real nice plastic Gizmo so I think this one will be a grail piece for those that want a 1:1 Gizmo and the vinyl one is no longer available. But again I hope your wrong for those getting it for resale purposes.

[emoji868]
Max Power

Well I hope your wrong azurepred for the people buying it as an investment,for me it's more for pleasure. Not sure about other pieces although I know the Lucan piece does have value, but one thing I do know is that people were paying 1K for the vinyl Gizmo when it wasn't available on eBay and that was just a real nice plastic Gizmo so I think this one will be a grail piece for those that want a 1:1 Gizmo and the vinyl one is no longer available. But again I hope your wrong for those getting it for resale purposes.

[emoji868]
Max Power

we shall see, but that Gizmo was the only one readily available. Most people never heard of Howard S and $2k is a big leap. I actually did not order Gizmo cause I'm confident he will be had slightly under retail when flippers realize they can't move him. It's almost impossible to sell anything for over retail anymore in general unless it's been out for 5 years or more. The market is flooded, there is always something cooler coming out. I've been collecting for a long time now and it's never been so hard to sale statues as it is now.

we shall see, but that Gizmo was the only one readily available. Most people never heard of Howard S and $2k is a big leap. I actually did not order Gizmo cause I'm confident he will be had slightly under retail when flippers realize they can't move him. It's almost impossible to sell anything for over retail anymore in general unless it's been out for 5 years or more. The market is flooded, there is always something cooler coming out. I've been collecting for a long time now and it's never been so hard to sale statues as it is now.

Agree with you totally! The market is flooded specially with the Marvel and DC or anything comic book wise Collectible. I think to buy a Collectible nowadays is more for pleasure than with expectations of resale profit, especially with the aforementioned licenses. I mean how many times will they regurgitate the Iron Man suit or Batman. I think uniqueness is key but then again uniqueness comes with the problem of a niche buyer for the a future resale too. Oh well, I know without a doubt I be happy with this item even if I overpay up front and it doesn't increase in value because I know what I'm getting with ECC and that is something that many other higher end collectible company can't seem to touch- I mean glass eyes who is doing that in the collection world, I can't think of any mass producing company doing that unless it's fan made.

Thanks for your input man,it's always nice to hear advise from a seasoned collector, especially on things like resale on Collectibles.

[emoji868]
Max Power

"Continuing"? There haven't been any new movies in 27 years.

Meaning continuing from the original movie its sequel. But yeah it's been a long time, but I heard they are doing a new one, not sure if it's a reboot or not but I've heard.

[emoji868]
Max Power

Here is some more info from ECC on this item.

The shipping carton is estimated to be: 69.6x44.3x65.5 cm. I hope this is helpful.

[emoji868]
Max Power

I am pumped for this one Max!

Me too buddy! I bet this will look absolutely fantastic in your movie Collectible room, which by the way is out of this world nice! I'll be interested in how it will compare to your ronculus Gremlins/Mogwais. I hope you do a comparison video because those ronculus Mogwais were so well made but now we're talking ECC quality and a licensed product with a premium price tag to boot.

[emoji868]
Max Power

Me too buddy! I bet this will look absolutely fantastic in your movie Collectible room, which by the way is out of this world nice! I'll be interested in how it will compare to your ronculus Gremlins/Mogwais. I hope you do a comparison video because those ronculus Mogwais were so well made but now we're talking ECC quality and a licensed product with a premium price tag to boot.

[emoji868]
Max Power

Thanks for the kind words my friend. I'm sure the quality will be far beyond what Ronculus has done. We are also talking a difference between $250 and $1,900.

Update for shipping on this one from ECC.

Gizmo will be shipping by the end of this year, hopefully before Christmas.

[emoji868]

Max Power

Factory shots..

jku4vd.jpg

15ri6tl.jpg

2e57j1x.jpg

Back