ECC 1/3 Jason Voorhees

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the concept.. Hate the final product.

Love the base.

Congrats to those that love it and bought it.

Just curious JAWS what do you hate about the final product? After watching your last video on the recent Jason PF you seem to know a lot about the accuracy when it comes to Jason, so would like to know your thoughts. :)

Last edited:
I'm going to assume that he has a similar opinion to me. Mask shape is incorrect, eye hole size is too small, chevrons are in the wrong place, the holes, while misaligned on the screen used mask are not this extreme and the pants are too baggy. Also, no sign of hair.

Perfect representation for Friday the 13th fans, this will be the only statue you will need in your collection.

:yess: I’m also awaiting a response.

Hopefully he comes back and visit s this thread again soon, to give his imput as he really knows his stuff when it comes to Jason.

I'm going to assume that he has a similar opinion to me. Mask shape is incorrect, eye hole size is too small, chevrons are in the wrong place, the holes, while misaligned on the screen used mask are not this extreme and the pants are too baggy. Also, no sign of hair.

That's all true but I am sure there are more things off about it than just the mask and pants, hair etc for JAWs to say he HATES this product. One I will add is that Jason doesn't look bulky enough.

Perfect representation for Friday the 13th fans, this will be the only statue you will need in your collection.

Yeah but it will cost about double the US price in Australian dollars. :horror

Last edited:
Ted White was nowhere near as Bulky for part 4 compared to Richard Brooker for part 3 so proportion this is actually quite good. I’m also quite clued up when it comes to Mr Voorhees.

Ted White was nowhere near as Bulky for part 4 compared to Richard Brooker for part 3 so proportion this is actually quite good.

It's true that he wasn't as big as Brooker but his build still looks bigger than that of the statue, I guess it's pretty close, though, maybe the fat stomach (which I know White had) and baggy pants is giving the illusion of a slender looking build on the limbs of Jason. :dunno I still think the arms should look a bit bigger though.

I’m also quite clued up when it comes to Mr Voorhees.
Yeah I can see that you are no novice when it comes to Jason. It's just that JAWS went into so much detail about Jason in a video he did of the new PF after it was released and also you never mentioned that you hate this piece. Thus, I am interested to know why he hates it.

Last edited:
Are the pants suppose to be so baggy? I'm no Jason expert but like many have seen the films,but the bagginess seems a bit much imo

Just curious JAWS what do you hate about the final product? After watching your last video on the recent Jason PF you seem to know a lot about the accuracy when it comes to Jason, so would like to know your thoughts. :)

:yess: I’m also awaiting a response.

Basically I agree with the following response by Ash Housewares

Hopefully he comes back and visit s this thread again soon, to give his imput as he really knows his stuff when it comes to Jason.

That's all true but I am sure there are more things off about it than just the mask and pants, hair etc for JAWs to say he HATES this product. One I will add is that Jason doesn't look bulky enough.

lol I am by no means a Jason expert.. But my best friend is and he has been collecting Jason items forever so I am sure his expertise has rubbed off on me a bit but I am not a super fan by any means. However when I saw the final shots in my email I quickly emailed my friend and said.. "Hey it looks like you just saved 2800.00" He looked at the photos and agreed.

For me personally it is just is lacking the menace that is Jason Voorhees. Along with the comments that Ash Housewares points out it just is missing that certain something...

I really dislike the pose.. I know Jason is seen as a stiff as a board character but he is not.. Especially in part 4 he is fairly animated. I am not saying he has to have flailing arms but he looks just too wooden..

The ECC Jason is also just too small.
His smaller stature reduces his fear factor.
His mask drill holes are too small the shape is off, the neck is too thin his hand are too small just overall it is off IMO. I personally don't need an exact Jason (the last PF proved that) but this lacks Jason's Essence.. Again I don't need perfection.. The new predator maquette is far from screen accurate but I feel the personality and essence is there.. Not so much with this piece.

Of course this is all just my opinion.. If you love it and can afford it then congrats. Its not the piece for me.. Which is too bad because I love everything else about it accept the main statue. Still don't know if I would buy it.. That is some major $$ but I know there was a good chance my fiend would have. But as is I will just have to enjoy the videos and pics when people get this.

Here are some comparison shots.. I can see that they tried but for as hard as it looked like they tried but for me it just misses too many times.

2nd comparison photo of Jason is actually reversed so its not really fair to compare but again its the essence it lacks to me.

Collage_Fotor.jpgjason3.jpgJason 5.jpgJason 4.jpgJason Face.jpg

I don’t understand why people can’t get the Part 4 Jason correct. They even mucked him up in the game! Haha. Anyway, if this guy was more accurate, I would drop the coin, but the more I look at it versus the cost—I need to be in LOVE with this to justify that cost.

I mean bloody hell I’ve only just started to paint and I feel like I’ve got the mask more accurate. Different medium sure but it’s being able to look at and replicate details. This is being approved by Steve Want for crying out loud.E3527ACD-5AEE-4688-8021-76A46AB5F99A.jpeg

3 grand is about what I expected for this. There is the argument that the quality of pieces in this hobby are only improving but generally the prices are cetrainly rising faster than the quality. I personally would find it very hard to justify £3,000 on any statue of only 1/3 so any issues, flaws or unintentional inaccuracies would bother me massively.
I mean bloody hell I’ve only just started to paint and I feel like I’ve got the mask more accurate. Different medium sure but it’s being able to look at and replicate details. This is being approved by Steve Want for crying out loud.View attachment 393754
Top job there mate, a hidden talent for sure!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Basically I agree with the following response by Ash Housewares

Yeah but I didn't think what Ash said was enough to actually hate the product since you could possibly get a custom mask.

lol I am by no means a Jason expert.. But my best friend is and he has been collecting Jason items forever so I am sure his expertise has rubbed off on me a bit but I am not a super fan by any means.

Going by that video you did on the PF seemed like you knew quite a bit of stuff, so i guess you are right his expertise must of rubbed off on you.

However when I saw the final shots in my email I quickly emailed my friend and said.. "Hey it looks like you just saved 2800.00" He looked at the photos and agreed.

He must of been disappointed to a certain degree though, was he looking forward to this product, or did he think it sucked since the proto looked pretty bad?

For me personally it is just is lacking the menace that is Jason Voorhees. Along with the comments that Ash Housewares points out it just is missing that certain something...

I agree there is nothing menacing looking about this piece, just looks like a person standing there wearing a Hockey mask, nothing frightening about it at all.

I really dislike the pose.. I know Jason is seen as a stiff as a board character but he is not..Especially in part 4 he is fairly animated. I am not saying he has to have flailing arms but he looks just too wooden..

That's true in part 4 he is and I hate the pose on this to, not sure where the stiff as board general consensus comes from, maybe most people think Jason is more like Myers.:dunno

The ECC Jason is also just too small. His smaller stature reduces his fear factor.

Do you mean he looks too short?

His mask drill holes are too small the shape is off, the neck is too thin his hand are too small just overall it is off IMO. I personally don't need an exact Jason (the last PF proved that) but this lacks Jason's Essence.. Again I don't need perfection.. The new predator maquette is far from screen accurate but I feel the personality and essence is there.. Not so much with this piece.

Agree with everything u said.

Of course this is all just my opinion.. If you love it and can afford it then congrats. Its not the piece for me.. Which is too bad because I love everything else about it accept the main statue.

Yeah I am pretty much the same way.

Still don't know if I would buy it.. That is some major $$ but I know there was a good chance my fiend would have. But as is I will just have to enjoy the videos and pics when people get this.

U mean if they did a better job on it?

Here are some comparison shots.. I can see that they tried but for as hard as it looked like they tried but for me it just misses too many times.

2nd comparison photo of Jason is actually reversed so its not really fair to compare but again its the essence it lacks to me.

Still shows how off the nose of the mask is, it's rather flat on the statue, whereas it protrudes more on real mask.

Great comparison shots, always thought there was something off with the sculpt in that it looked a bit too cartoony, I see it's because his eyes are a little too big.

Last edited:
I mean bloody hell I’ve only just started to paint and I feel like I’ve got the mask more accurate. Different medium sure but it’s being able to look at and replicate details. View attachment 393754

You sure did, great painting Ash! :clap

This is being approved by Steve Want for crying out loud.

I guessing he wants an interpretation of Jason, same as CM Predator was not accurate but was Steve Wang's vision of how he wanted Predator to look, either that or he just doesn't care.

3 grand is about what I expected for this.

Yeah same, given the large base and low ES, not saying I agree with the price but it is what I expected it to be.

There is the argument that the quality of pieces in this hobby are only improving but generally the prices are cetrainly rising faster than the quality.

That's probably true, but this is still a high quality piece.

I personally would find it very hard to justify £3,000 on any statue of only 1/3 so any issues, flaws or unintentional inaccuracies would bother me massively.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah it's a lot of money, if the base was simple, I am sure it would have been a lot cheaper since it's only 1/3 scale.

Last edited:
Yeah but I didn't think what Ash said was enough to actually hate the product since you could possibly get a custom mask.

That is true.. There is more problems then just that..

Going by that video you did on the PF seemed like you knew quite a bit of stuff, so i guess you are right his expertise must of rubbed off on you.

I collected a bit of Jason here and there. I enjoy most of the movies. I would say about 20 - 30 yrs ago I was more of a fan... Still enough of one to see all the issues with this.

He must of been disappointed to a certain degree though, was he looking forward to this product, or did he think it sucked since the proto looked pretty bad?

He hated the proto but loved the idea and was dreading the fact that the announced they were going to make improvements because if done well he would have been forced to get it.. He is relieved that it turned out the way it did :lol

I agree there is nothing menacing looking about this piece, just looks like a person standing there wearing a Hockey mask, nothing frightening about it at all.

Exactly..

That's true in part 4 he is and I hate the pose on this to, not sure where the stiff as board general consensus comes from, maybe most people think Jason is more like Myers.:dunno

Yeah.. I don't know... One of my all time fav Jason pieces is the Neca 18 inch part 7 Jason.. I wish someone would do a high quality statue of that.. It was a good sculpt and a great pose.. Neca made a smaller statue version of that piece but it was nowhere near as good as the 18 inch figure.. Mask was not perfect but everything else about the sculpt was.

Do you mean he looks too short?

Just overall small... Not so much height... just mass... Not nearly intimidating enough.

U mean if they did a better job on it?

Yeah... For this price it needed to be the ultimate Jason.. Not even close.

Still shows how off the nose of the mask is, it's rather flat on the statue, whereas it protrudes more on real mask.

True

Great comparison shots, always thought there was something off with the sculpt in that it looked a bit too cartoony, I see it's because his eyes are a little too big.

Cartoony.. That is a good way to put it.. Too much of a smile on his face also. I know the original Savini sculpt had a bit of that grin on the one side but they overdid it on this piece.

I collected a bit of Jason here and there. I enjoy most of the movies. I would say about 20 - 30 yrs ago I was more of a fan... Still enough of one to see all the issues with this.

Sounds a bit like me but I wouldn't have noticed all the issues both you and Ash mentioned regarding the mask. However, I knew the mask was still off but I thought it was a big improvement compared to the proto one.

He hated the proto but loved the idea and was dreading the fact that the announced they were going to make improvements because if done well he would have been forced to get it.. He is relieved that it turned out the way it did :lol

So he really didn't want to spend the money?

Yeah.. I don't know... One of my all time fav Jason pieces is the Neca 18 inch part 7 Jason.. I wish someone would do a high quality statue of that.. It was a good sculpt and a great pose.. Neca made a smaller statue version of that piece but it was nowhere near as good as the 18 inch figure.. Mask was not perfect but everything else about the sculpt was.

Yeah I owned the 18 inch NECA part 7 one and pretty much agree with everything you said, except I don't think the clothes should have been that green. A statue of a part 7 Jason would be probably the best Jason ever, Kane Hodder brought personality to Jason and how Jason looked in that movie with all the bones showing etc would make a fantastic looking mixed media piece. For some reason though statue companies don't want to make Jason's after part 4.

Just overall small... Not so much height... just mass... Not nearly intimidating enough.

Yeah that's where I kind of disagreed with Ash, when I said he isn't bulky enough, despite that Brooker was more bulkier as he had large traps. Ted White was still a big man in part 4 and with exception of the stomach, Jason's build on this statue looks more like that of Myers. He should have broader shoulders and bigger arms IMO.

Yeah... For this price it needed to be the ultimate Jason.. Not even close.

That's true, the only thing I find amazing about it is the base, personally I think both of Sideshows part 3 PFs look way better, as far as poses go. However, this one is obviously more life-like looking with the glass eyes and translucent resin they used.

Cartoony.. That is a good way to put it.. Too much of a smile on his face also. I know the original Savini sculpt had a bit of that grin on the one side but they overdid it on this piece.

Agreed, despite the deformed face, he actually appears friendly.

Last edited:
So he really didn't want to spend the money?

Not that much money... But if it turned out really great he would have had to get it :lol

Yeah I owned the 18 inch NECA part 7 one and pretty much agree with everything you said, except I don't think the clothes should have been that green. A statue of a part 7 Jason would be probably the best Jason ever, Kane Hodder brought personality to Jason and how Jason looked in that movie with all the bones showing etc would make a fantastic looking mixed media piece. For some reason though statue companies don't want to make Jason's after part 4.

Yeah I agree about the cloths being way too green... I was focused more in the sculpt.. Wish I never sold mine.

Yeah that's where I kind of disagreed with Ash, when I said he isn't bulky enough, despite that Brooker was more bulkier as he had large traps. Ted White was still a big man in part 4 and with exception of the stomach, Jason's build on this statue looks more like that of Myers. He should have broader shoulders and bigger arms IMO.

The Myers comparison you made is dead on.. The body and pose are more Myers then Jason IMO

Agreed, despite the deformed face, he actually appears friendly
.[/QUOTE]

And that is the last thing we want in our Jason collectibles :lol

Essence was said earlier and I completely agree, they've captured that perfectly everywhere except on the Jason sculpt. Unfortunate.
This is 4k here in Australia :cuckoo:

Back