ECC 1:1 Gremlins 2 Mohawk Gremlin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it’s fair to assume he supervised the color scheme and approved the factory samples

Yeah, now I know it's Steve Wang I feel a little more reassured. We'll just have to see how the production pieces turn out.

So I found this image from the prop auction on the Mohawk puppet:

Mohawk_Lot2457.jpg

Which I think matches up better to the prototype... what do you guys think?

Mohawk_SDCC.jpg

Its close, but the yellow still needs toned down a bit. You can see on the prop they darkened it down quite a bit.

Correct, but compare the puppet shot to the marketing shots on the website.
The Yellow is way to bold and bright on those, at least the prototype was more subtle.

For some reason, he also got a lot more Red/Black and lost all the green tint to his skin... :slap

Mohawk_Sales_Image.jpg

To be fair, are we sure that that particular puppet is what they modeled it after? It may be a case like most movies where they have multiple props for different shots that are painted differently. Alien Big Chap would be a good example of this. It's more than just the yellow, the chest isn't even close to being like that particular puppet shown.

To be fair, are we sure that that particular puppet is what they modeled it after? It may be a case like most movies where they have multiple props for different shots that are painted differently. Alien Big Chap would be a good example of this. It's more than just the yellow, the chest isn't even close to being like that particular puppet shown.

Not too mention film filters special lighting, etc. typically what you see on film is far from what you see with the actual prop unless it’s the prop that is used for promotional pictures or the Maquettes used to create the actual puppets in a film. Regardless, that puppet was created/sculpted by Steve for Rick Baker, according to Charlie at ECC, so you are actually getting the real deal here regardless of the possible color inconsistencies that will be seen on this Statue-you are getting an original sculpt from the man who created the original Gremlin and I don’t think it gets better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to get this guy, easily the most amazing piece I’ve seen from any company. I sold my Sideshow comiquette trio (Spidey, Venom, Carnge) to fund Mohawk without hesitation.

So will this have Gizmo sounds as well, him yelling out from under the copier.
Too bad they couldn't get his feet to move, that would be amazing!

So will this have Gizmo sounds as well, him yelling out from under the copier.
Too bad they couldn't get his feet to move, that would be amazing!

It’s suppose to; Steve Wang mentioned that it would have a sound chip to make the Gizmo “bright light” and xerox copying noise at Monsterpaloosa 2018.

[emoji868]
Max Power

It’s suppose to; Steve Wang mentioned that it would have a sound chip to make the Gizmo “bright light” and xerox copying noise at Monsterpaloosa 2018.

[emoji868]
Max Power

So cool, looking forward to reviews and unboxings.....

I think it's gonna be a while. They seem like they are way backed up on releases.

yup, I wouldnt expect to see it anytime soon. my local retailer just got a notice from them about Jason CM being released soon.

Yep last time I spoke to them they are well aware they are behind and are trying to rectify it.

How long ago was that, Otto? I talked to Charlie at ECC and he informed me that they were just tinkering with the sound chip/electronics and getting the box art approved but the Gremlin itself was pretty much done. This was in early March, he said early May or depending on box approval June.

[emoji868]
Max Power

I was more talking about Guyver, Jason and Freddy as they were behind at the time I think we will more about the Gremlin at Monsterpalooza.

Back