ECC 1:1 Gremlins 2 Mohawk Gremlin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to have to order this, its so unique and will make a great collectable. 4K in Oz is a lot of money though.....

If you are going to do it do it quickly because it is still showing available for preorder on their website even though their preorder window was suppose to close on the 10th. Sometimes they don’t update their website and it may already have closed, but good luck; it is a wonderful unique piece, as you said, and only thing that comes close to it, but not really, is the Neca one done a few years back that people who are selling them are asking well over 2k for them since they are so rare-until ECC decided to make one, that is.

[emoji868]

Max Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke with Cinemaquette / ECC yesterday, Mohawk is currently on track to arrive at the warehouse
in 8-10 weeks (shipping to people the last week of March), which is not that bad a turnaround from preorder to release.

Spoke with Cinemaquette / ECC yesterday, Mohawk is currently on track to arrive at the warehouse
in 8-10 weeks (shipping to people the last week of March), which is not that bad a turnaround from preorder to release.

Oof I don't know if that is good news or bad news. I prefer knowing I have another year before I have to start worrying about paying for the expensive stuff.

Thanks for the info! Man that is early!!! I thought this wouldn’t be seen until at least June (2nd Quarter) as its says on their website. Wow! I really have figure/budget the crap out this expense now. Thanks again Dino for that info.

[emoji868]

Max Power

They haven’t even sent out the Jason 1/3 which was due Q3 last year,I have a hard time believing this will be ready in March because almost all there items are delayed a bit.I have this on order and no way I can swing this and Jason in 2-3 months so I hope I am wrong

That's kinda like when the Freddy Bust came out. It shipped pretty close to the first Gremlin and I ended up having to cancel the Freddy Bust to keep the Gremlin.

They haven’t even sent out the Jason 1/3 which was due Q3 last year,I have a hard time believing this will be ready in March because almost all there items are delayed a bit.I have this on order and no way I can swing this and Jason in 2-3 months so I hope I am wrong

Jason and Guyver both went up before this. Very weird if this shipping date is true.

Thanks for the info! Man that is early!!! I thought this wouldn’t be seen until at least June (2nd Quarter) as its says on their website. Wow! I really have figure/budget the crap out this expense now. Thanks again Dino for that info.

[emoji868]

Max Power

Sure thing! Just thought I would pass that along, since I had called them on updating my order.

Jason and Guyver both went up before this. Very weird if this shipping date is true.

Well, the only thing I could think of is that they had him in the works before the preorder...
I for one cannot wait to get him, so I am good with the release date if it is true.

If it ships last week of March, first week of April... that is technically Q2 2019, so the listing would be correct.

The rep I was speaking with was talking with a couple other people there about it before giving
me an answer, so I would have to think they knew what they were talking about.

Sure thing! Just thought I would pass that along, since I had called them on updating my order.

Well, the only thing I could think of is that they had him in the works before the preorder...
I for one cannot wait to get him, so I am good with the release date if it is true.

If it ships last week of March, first week of April... that is technically Q2 2019, so the listing would be correct.

The rep I was speaking with was talking with a couple other people there about it before giving
me an answer, so I would have to think they knew what they were talking about.

I really hope this is the case. This is easily a dream come true piece for me and it would be shipping out right around my birthday. I honestly didn't expect this until end of the summer or in September after all the delays.

We shall see. I talked to a rep in October about when Jason was going to ship, and at the time he said end of November. :slap So..........

Just talked to a rep at ECC and it’s looking to be 90 days from now- so early May or June. They are waiting on the box art to be approved by the movie studio and other QC things for the electronics and paint.

[emoji868]

Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh well, just hope it's worth the wait, so lesser mortals like me can live vicariously through those that do actually get him.

So does anyone think that they will "tone down" the mustard yellow on his head for the final product?
There was a bunch of complaining on their Facebook page, but they never popped in to address it.

While I agree that the overall paint job looked more "screen accurate" on the product page,
I think the yellow was just a bit too jarring when compared to the rest of his dark coloring.

Mohawk_Prototype.jpg

Mohawk_Sales_Image.jpg

Last edited:
The only people that can really judge that are Rick Baker's crew, they saw the factory fresh Mohawk on set and in their workshop. Nobody else really can. I'm sure with many film props and representations thereof there are bound to appear to be contrasts, but without seeing the actual prop side by side with any repro you just can't fully judge.

The only people that can really judge that are Rick Baker's crew, they saw the factory fresh Mohawk on set and in their workshop. Nobody else really can. I'm sure with many film props and representations thereof there are bound to appear to be contrasts, but without seeing the actual prop side by side with any repro you just can't fully judge.

Well, I guess there are just things with the original prototype that seemed more "eye pleasing" to me.
Sure everyone's mileage may vary... but I hope they kind of combined the two for a better overall look, especially at the price point.

Back