ECC 1:1 Gremlins 2 Mohawk Gremlin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price will be a huge dealbreaker for most,I hope it’s not 3k because shipping will be at least 300 by the time it’s done

If it has the lights and sounds they were talking about, considering it's size… 3k is about on the nose.
He is not going to be made out of foam material or anything cheap like the NECA or Trick or Treat Studios Gremlins.
This would be the grail piece for any Gremlins fan, hands-down. Cannot see anyone doing better than this beast.

Well, I guess the preorder this week was another false alarm. What is this, 2nd, 3rd false alarm?? Really hoping this guy is still coming

A little more pricey than I was hoping, but not as much as I was expecting....sooooo.....ORDERED!

Ordered. $2528.33 shipped.
I was guessing $2500.00 so it was a relief for me that it wasn't more.
My Gizmo was getting lonely.

ES is 299 but I doubt it will reach that when Gizmo could only do 220.
It wouldn't surprise me if this sells just half of what Gizmo did.

Gizmo was overpriced from day one and collectors knew it,that’s why you can find him for less on the secondary market,however Mohawk is far superior from statue to base,it will sell out or come pretty close imo because this is the best Gremlins piece you’ll ever see

Somewhat difficult to tell from the videos but are Mohawk’s eyes acrylic or painted? Some videos look as though they have depth where other videos they appear a bit flat. Thanks in advance!

Disregard, just read on the site that they are glass. Awesome!

Somewhat difficult to tell from the videos but are Mohawk’s eyes acrylic or painted? Some videos look as though they have depth where other videos they appear a bit flat. Thanks in advance!

Disregard, just read on the site that they are glass. Awesome!

They are not glass they are hyper realistic clear resin. I asked them what happened to the glass eyes and this was their response:

We corrected the 'glass' eyes as technically the eyes are not made of glass but acrylic and done in layers for the highest possible quality. The term glass eyes have been used too often when that is not the case. All of the most realistic and complex eyes made for Hollywood movies are made of acrylic and not glass. We assure you this is the same highest quality possible process that we also use for ECC. We just want to be accurate in the description of our process. We are Elite or nothing.

I responded to them if the eyes will be acrylic, then. They have not responded. I asked because their response really eluded the question on whether they are the clear resin or acrylic or are they suggesting that the clear resin was the acrylic??? Not sure but I’ll wait for what they say to confirm once and for all.

[emoji868]

Max Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to guess, they seem to be saying that they eyes are acrylic, but I'm not to concerned as they look good to me in the proto pictures.

Well here is their full answer:

We are sorry to hear that you are still confused. As we mentioned earlier in our previous email, the term “Glass eyes” have been used too loosely in the industry and we thought to name the process more accurately to educate the collecting community. There are companies out there that manufacture human eyes for dolls and many other uses. Those eyes usually bought at retail are manufactured with acrylic glass, as the material is extruded through an injection machine at high temperature. This is where the terminology of glass originated. Its not really glass though.

Since our eyes are all hand made, we use a substance know as acrylic resin. The eyes for the Mohawk is very unique and can not be mass produced. Each piece is hand painted and is sealed with acrylic resin. The end effect is the same. Since its not mass produced by a machine, its not acrylic glass, but acrylic resin. Many eyes if not all made in Hollywood FX are done in acrylic resin as they are usually hand made one at a time.

We assure you that the eyes in the Mohawk are of the highest standard. In the past we have mentioned glass eyes on some of our past products. Educated collectors called us out on it as it sound cheap and wanted to know who the manufacture of the eyes were, as most glass eyes or acrylic glass are mass produced. We assured them that they were not mass produced and that we hand made each eye in house. We wanted to make sure that collectors understand that these eyes are all hand made and to properly name it as such so we corrected the terminology in our listing. Again, the end product is the same. Wether you want to call it glass eyes or acrylic resin eyes, the final product is the same, its just how it was processed and produced. Many collectors out there who have custom pieces made for them using hand made glass eyes, are really acrylic resin eyes. They are not mass produced and therefore not really made of glass. Glass eyes are something you can order online and made by the 1000’s.

We hope this clarifies any misunderstanding of the glass eyes or acrylic resin process. Please do not get this confused with polyester resin as they are not the same. The eyes are not casted in resin and then painted. They are done the same way as acrylic eyes are made in Hollywood, were the inner pupil is hand painted first and then covered in clear acrylic resin to give you that glass looking finish.

[emoji868]

Max Power

Yeesh. Just say the eyes are as good as it gets next time.

Ha ha! I would have been good if they just said yes, they are acrylic. But, it’s cool that they provided so much info on how they are made.

[emoji868]

Max Power

I think I'm going to have to order this, its so unique and will make a great collectable. 4K in Oz is a lot of money though.....

Back