Ebola scaring anyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who's afraid?

• Yes

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 65 68.4%
  • Whatever

Votes: 12 12.6%

• Total voters
I didn't pay much attention before,but now im getting kind of worried,

What's this Im hearing about Venezuela maybe having an outbreak of a "Mysterious deadly disease" over there???

10 people dead, The government is denying it has anything to do with Ebola, And maybe this is just more bs news reports for clicks, But Still, if Ebola did Arrive at Venezuela, that's pretty bad.

What could this disease be? not even the doctors over there know :(

Where did you find the article?

that's what worries me, it seems pretty obvious that the gov is trying to hide this and deny everything, Even someone reporting it to the press is seen as an attack on the state.

so im willing to believe the doctors and the reporters more than their representatives denying everything, Having said that, perhaps this is not ebola at all, but it does sound really scary, almost like if ebola was mutating over there or something (like some people were suggesting in the comments )

wouldn't surprise me. the US already made the bird flu more contagious. there's an article on it sometime back.

damn, u beat me to it by a few sec?

"BREAKING NEWS: CDC confirms its first case of Ebola diagnosed in the United States, Reuters reports. Details to come."

Someone was coughing alot in my company today. Heard 60% of New Yorkers don't wash their hands after the restroom. New Jerseyian can't be so different? I am safe from ebolaaa! :panic::panic::panic:

Funny how the stocks went up with this news.

"Oh boy! People in the US are getting sick and will needs these meds! The price will skyrocket! I'll sink money into it since I'll make a ton off of it now that I wouldn't before. Woohoo!"

Funny how the stocks went up with this news.

"Oh boy! People in the US are getting sick and will needs these meds! The price will skyrocket! I'll sink money into it since I'll make a ton off of it now that I wouldn't before. Woohoo!"

:exactly: that's pharmaceuticals for you. My dad currently works for a pharmaceutical giant, they make ungodly amounts of $.

So...not scary.

The thing about ISIS is that they seem to be inspiring every digruntled pig****er on the planet to show the world how much of a pig****er they really are. There were too many pig****ers already, but at least there was a functioning stigma in place. Now they think they're awesome. Wicked lame.

I find it stupidly ironic that this deadly disease has been around for so long that it isn't until now that the govt decides it's a good idea to start putting effort into finding a cure now that the disease is capable of making it out of indeginous countries. It's dumb luck that the Libian man didn't effect everyone else on the plane he was on, as far as we know anyways.... Another typical example how our lousy governments are at work. Let's not do anything until it's a real problem or better yet, until people start dying.

I find it stupidly ironic that this deadly disease has been around for so long that it isn't until now that the govt decides it's a good idea to start putting effort into finding a cure now that the disease is capable of making it out of indeginous countries. It's dumb luck that the Libian man didn't effect everyone else on the plane he was on, as far as we know anyways.... Another typical example how our lousy governments are at work. Let's not do anything until it's a real problem or better yet, until people start dying.

Previous strains have been more fatal, so it spread less easily. To be brutally honest, nobody cares much about poor dying black people. They're poor, they're remote and they have plenty of other things to worry about, like water-born diseases and malaria and AIDS. Ebola is relatively difficult to spread to others, so the only person on that plane who might've been concerned would've been the person sitting next to him.

What makes this strain a concern is the relatively low mortality rate. The next few months will be telling in how easily it travels. But whilst it's contained within Africa... I don't care any more or any less about it than I do other exotic, rare diseases.

Back