Ebola scaring anyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who's afraid?

• Yes

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 65 68.4%
  • Whatever

Votes: 12 12.6%

• Total voters
I'm sure it is scary for the people who get it and are around it. They need to listen to the doctors and follow the rules laid out for them to prevent getting it. Stealing contaminated belongings of people who have died from it isn't the right thing to do.

There are many, many more things I'm worried about other than getting ebola.

I have to think of how different the response would be if this happened in an industrialized nation. It's unfortunate how many people have to suffer (and die) before action by those that can really help takes place. Or even for people in general to take it seriously. I'm not scared that I'm going to get this, but the implications if this gets out of hand even just a little bit is not great.

https://news.msn.com/world/eight-bodies-found-after-attack-on-guinea-ebola-education-team?

Last edited:
I have to think of how different the response would be if this happened in an industrialized nation. It's unfortunate how many people have to suffer (and die) before action by those that can really help takes place. Or even for people in general to take it seriously. I'm not scared that I'm going to get this, but the implications if this gets out of hand even just a little bit is not great.

https://news.msn.com/world/eight-bodies-found-after-attack-on-guinea-ebola-education-team?

Believe me, people are and have been taking action. They are hampered by the belief systems and the governments in the areas.

I think people take it seriously, but what would you have them do? You can't sit in fear and worry about it. There are diseases that take more lives every year. In the US, 50,000 people are infected with HIV every year. There are cancer clusters all over the country, several by me.

Like I said, there are more things that I'm concerned with at the moment. I fear terrorists attacks more than ebola.

I have to think of how different the response would be if this happened in an industrialized nation. It's unfortunate how many people have to suffer (and die) before action by those that can really help takes place.

You'd think that by now, people would learn that the reason industrialized nations can respond effectively to these kinds of problems (or, that they don't have them in the first place) is because they're industrialized.

Believe me, people are and have been taking action. They are hampered by the belief systems and the governments in the areas.

I think people take it seriously, but what would you have them do? You can't sit in fear and worry about it. There are diseases that take more lives every year. In the US, 50,000 people are infected with HIV every year. There are cancer clusters all over the country, several by me.

Like I said, there are more things that I'm concerned with at the moment. I fear terrorists attacks more than ebola.

I'm not sitting in fear of ebola or terrorist attacks, just taking notice on what goes on and what people/governments etc.. consider to be of importance and how they react. You would hope that if something like this were to happen close to home (needed) help would arrive sooner than later.

You'd think that by now, people would learn that the reason industrialized nations can respond effectively to these kinds of problems (or, that they don't have them in the first place) is because they're industrialized.

Then how did two airliners crash into the WTC and one into the Pentagon.
Chaos, calamity, strife and suffering can happen anywhere. Industialization doesn't make you immune to it.

"But the people of the West will not understand this until everything which they now think they have has been taken away from them. In passing, one may observe how remarkable it is that a people so quick and so proud to boast of what they have taken from others are unable to imagine that what they have taken from others can also be taken from them."
- J. Baldwin
The Devil Finds Work

Uh, where did the people who crashed those airliners hail from? :dunno

Nice equivocation, though.

Depending on who you talk to that's still open to debate.

To me, the how and why become less important than the response to the event itself, initially. Yes we were able to recover from 9/11 more quickly for obvious reasons, with promises of aid from various sources connected to the US, again for obvious reasons. Ebola is a slow creep compared to something that can be measured in minutes/hours, so the impact is that much greater. For years now European countries, China and now officially the US have been investing billions all over the continent, but the response to this event has been lacking.

This is just how I see it. Realistically all I can do it watch and hope for the best.

To me, the how and why become less important than the response to the event itself, initially. Yes we were able to recover from 9/11 more quickly for obvious reasons, with promises of aid from various sources connected to the US, again for obvious reasons. Ebola is a slow creep compared to something that can be measured in minutes/hours, so the impact is that much greater. For years now European countries, China and now officially the US have been investing billions all over the continent, but the response to this event has been lacking.

This is just how I see it. Realistically all I can do it watch and hope for the best.

What kind of response would you expect?

What kind of response would you expect?

I don't know if I really expect anything, it's not like Haiti or Katrina went over all that well. This being a virus is something different entirely. You would think when the body count hit 500, 1000, 2000...in addition with the calls for help, that action would happen sooner. Better late than never.

I don't know if I really expect anything, it's not like Haiti or Katrina went over all that well. This being a virus is something different entirely. You would think when the body count hit 500, 1000, 2000...in addition with the calls for help, that action would happen sooner. Better late than never.

So you think that the US and the west are JUST NOW getting involved in all of this?

I choose not to be scared of something I have no control over and may not effect us here. Having said that, I do feel for those who are suffering in those areas. I hope that there is a promising end result to all of this.

Depending on who you talk to, it was potentially reptilian Jews from Mars.

Pork Chop Express said:
To me, the how and why become less important than the response to the event itself, initially.

It's easy to look to those who don't have third world health problems to deal with third world health problems and ignore why the third world has the health problems it does. I guess.

You're not alone in that boat.

The annual Dempsey Challenge 5K is today. My cousin runs in it every year. She runs for my dad (who was very special to her), two of my uncles, and my favorite aunt, who died of multiple myeloma back in April. My mom and my sister were planning on being there to support her. Trying to get the guts to join them.

However, in case you think I'm making stuff up, here's my cousin.

attachment.php

I didn't pay much attention before,but now im getting kind of worried,

What's this Im hearing about Venezuela maybe having an outbreak of a "Mysterious deadly disease" over there???

10 people dead, The government is denying it has anything to do with Ebola, And maybe this is just more bs news reports for clicks, But Still, if Ebola did Arrive at Venezuela, that's pretty bad.

In its initial stages, the disease presents symptoms of fever and spots on the skin,
and then produces large blisters and internal and external bleeding,
according to data provided week stop by the College of Physicians of the state of Aragua, where the first cases were reported.

Then, very quickly, patients suffer from respiratory failure, liver failure and kidney failure.
Venezuelan doctors have not been able to determine what the disease is, much less how to fight it.

"We don't know what we are confronting," Sarmiento said. "We don't know if it's a virus or bacteria. How can we heal what we don't know?"

What could this disease be? not even the doctors over there know :(

Back