Ebay Scam? Iron Man Midas and Mark VI Chinese seller

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ I think so, but it usually takes time with all the reports/cases that need to get filed. It's a process. The thing about that is you're still letting the scammer get away with the money. Best not to buy into these false pretenses.

I would never buy from China, Taiwan, etc. They "knockoff" everything. Their whole economy is built off selling fake stuff.

go with your gut on this one. A Hot Toys Iron Man selling for $69.99, when retail its $300+...yeah something is obviously not right. And those 33+ people who have bought that item is probably the seller with another account, trying to lure real customers in

I would never buy from China, Taiwan, etc. They "knockoff" everything. Their whole economy is built off selling fake stuff.

I usually agree,except i got my Transformers MP Sideswipe and Red Alert from China,and they are actually quite nice lol.

This makes me a bit curious actually. What known bootlegs are there of Hot Toys?

Actually my best Hot Toys store is from China. Best in delivery, communication, prices and in-stock time. This one is obviously a scam, but don't generalize the whole nation.

This makes me a bit curious actually. What known bootlegs are there of Hot Toys?

I don't think there are necessarily bootlegs, but I've read some people get socks or articles of clothing instead of the item/figure, or they just get nothing at all and the scammer runs away with the money. They post stock photos from HT or SSC or wherever rather than the actual item or shipper box in hand, which always gets me suspicious. Same goes with pre-orders, I don't really trust pre-orders on eBay since you lose protection after a month or so, and the pre-orders never release until 8-9 months later, sometimes longer.

Without a doubt a scam. Unfortunately I know. Lived an experience that was the picture perfect scam of an IM just like this appears. For me it was War Machine for $150. Tracking numbers are even sent. eBay got enough complaints after 1 month to catch on and close their account. Paypal refunded me in full but I'll never forget it or buy high tix item from anywhere but USA. I bet a month or two from now that eBay userID doesn't exist. It seems they spend time collecting real or fake reps and then make one last big ditch sale on their eBay ID realizing that sooner or later their eBayID will get **** down but not before a good handful of victims have paid a whopping amount. Its perfect scam when you think about it. Nothing anyone can do but live and learn. I did. I think because I knew I was covered with paypal that I took that chance. But never again. Oh and they respond to email with solid responses. I got many.

Yah, because only Americans are honest. :rolleyes:

Why there are pictures of the Mark XLII there? and 44 sold? how that happened? :lol

I don't think there are necessarily bootlegs, but I've read some people get socks or articles of clothing instead of the item/figure, or they just get nothing at all and the scammer runs away with the money. They post stock photos from HT or SSC or wherever rather than the actual item or shipper box in hand, which always gets me suspicious. Same goes with pre-orders, I don't really trust pre-orders on eBay since you lose protection after a month or so, and the pre-orders never release until 8-9 months later, sometimes longer.

No one should ever preoder on ebay! :lecture

This looks like an exact repeat of what I got into last year. There was a tumbler on Ebay for $180 with free shipping, I bid and then realized no one else bid on it, cause the guy had over 20 of them for sale. I called Ebay and told them it seemed fishy because the seller had built his rep to almost 100 on braceletes then suddenly happens upon a couple dozen tumblers to sell.

Long story short, Ebay claimed him to be legit, I dragged my feet on making payment, the guy sent me a letter saying if I couldn't afford it, he would "ship for $100 because you good customer and we make you happy". I called Ebay again and told them he wanted to sell me something he could get 500 bucks all day long for 100 and they still assured me he was legit. I said screw it, he can just report me for not paying and then a couple days later, all the scam feedback on tumblers started jamming up his feedback. I got a message from Ebay saying that my porduct was no longer available and the sellers account was closed.

Legit Ebay, legit. :lol

Back