EBay Is Just So Damned Horrible ...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy ____ Me!

It happened AGAIN, eBay is so ____ed up it isn't funny! :banghead

Here is the recent *********: collectiblesmania , block his shady ass.

I am so done with those crooks!

If it makes you feel any better, I had a bidder not withdraw his bid this week, when it probably would have been better if he had. The auction was for the X-Men dio #2. It completed, and made it all the way through the checkout and shipping label generation process (you know, so my PayPal account got charged $140 for the shipping label), only to find out when I tried to drop the package off at the post office that South Africa doesn't use the same package size limits as the rest of the sane world. They only allow a length+girth of 79 inches, which is way smaller than this box (for those who don't know, most other countries allow length+girth of 108 inches). And, of course, there are no other carriers that will ship the package for anything even close to a reasonable rate (how about $1000 for UPS :lol).

What really frustrates me is that I entered the dimensions of the box when I listed the item, and eBay is linked into the usps system for getting rates, but it gave NO indication at any point that there would be a problem shipping the package. So now I get to go through the extreme fun of refunding the buyer's money, canceling the eBay transaction, and requesting a refund from usps for the shipping label (which takes TWO WEEKS to process:rolleyes:).

No kidding, it isn't as if I HAVE to sell this stuff; and after the fees etc, it is just a major assache.

But I did manage to have a "spirited" chat with an eBay rep tonight. :maul

Not sure about the company you keep, but the women I'm "familiar" with prefer meat.:monkey5

Vegetarian women tend to have higher sex drives. The hormones in meat tends to cause a mismatch in the sex drives of men and women. It increases sex drive in men, while reducing it in women.

If it makes you feel any better, I had a bidder not withdraw his bid this week, when it probably would have been better if he had. The auction was for the X-Men dio #2. It completed, and made it all the way through the checkout and shipping label generation process (you know, so my PayPal account got charged $140 for the shipping label), only to find out when I tried to drop the package off at the post office that South Africa doesn't use the same package size limits as the rest of the sane world. They only allow a length+girth of 79 inches, which is way smaller than this box (for those who don't know, most other countries allow length+girth of 108 inches). And, of course, there are no other carriers that will ship the package for anything even close to a reasonable rate (how about $1000 for UPS :lol).

What really frustrates me is that I entered the dimensions of the box when I listed the item, and eBay is linked into the usps system for getting rates, but it gave NO indication at any point that there would be a problem shipping the package. So now I get to go through the extreme fun of refunding the buyer's money, canceling the eBay transaction, and requesting a refund from usps for the shipping label (which takes TWO WEEKS to process:rolleyes:).

.... dude that sucks. :monkey2

WOW that sucks. This is why I only sell to the continental U.S. unless a bidder messages me first.

~~I'm not sure how true it is but someone posted in another forum that Amazon was gearing up to have an "auction" site of their own. The person that posted said they worked for Amazon so they couldn't post any official information, but he also posted information about the "used" game idea that materialized.

Please take your white shirts, and eccentric philosophy elsewhere. :gun

Lol...hasn't this guy been banned yet??? I'm surprised there's anyone in the forums that doesn't have him on ignore. I'm sure his next post will link red meat with hormones that cause people to scalp collectibles on ebay.

I'm not sure how true it is but someone posted in another forum that Amazon was gearing up to have an "auction" site of their own. The person that posted said they worked for Amazon so they couldn't post any official information, but he also posted information about the "used" game idea that materialized.

I've heard that rumor as well, and I also have heard about another new auction site that is starting up, but I can't recall the name right now. They are running some aggressive radio ads though, and they are clearly targeting ebay's customers, so maybe someone else has heard the ads and can fill in the blanks.

I'm all for moving to a different service from ebay. Ten years ago they were awesome, if somewhat primitive in their technology (I can still remember when the shipping calculator was first introduced, and how it was a HUGE deal :lol). But their fees were reasonable back then, and they didn't try to control every aspect of the transaction with such heavy-handed policies as they now have.

Please take your white shirts, and eccentric philosophy elsewhere. :gun

That wasn't eccentric philosophy. It is scientific fact. I read it in a book called The Scientific Basis of Vegetarianism, by William Harris, M.D.
Besides, my original statement was a a light response to your remark about taking your wife out for a steak dinner. Then 316what responded with a remark about women wanting meat, with sexual innuendo, and I responded with relevant scientific info regarding female sex drive and meat consumption. At that point, I wasn't really responding to your initial remark anymore.

Lol...hasn't this guy been banned yet??? I'm surprised there's anyone in the forums that doesn't have him on ignore. I'm sure his next post will link red meat with hormones that cause people to scalp collectibles on ebay.

Well now that you mention it, it has been proven that meat consumption increases aggressiveness in human beings, and hence anti-social behavior, or a general increase in inconsiderate acts towards other human beings. Studies have been done on prisoners, and they have found that putting them on a vegetarian diet reduces in prison violence substantially.
Based on this, and the element of inconsiderateness towards others involved in scalping, and the general attitude of dog eat dog that is involved in the scalping practice, it is not unreasonable to postulate that meat consumption may indeed increase the likelihood of scalping.
That theory is of course unproven at this time, but is far from dis proven. You asked. :rolleyes:

Vegetarian women tend to have higher sex drives. The hormones in meat tends to cause a mismatch in the sex drives of men and women. It increases sex drive in men, while reducing it in women.

Post the article because I've never heard that.

I eat meat and my sex drive is fine. Too fine really. :(

That wasn't eccentric philosophy. It is scientific fact. I read it in a book called The Scientific Basis of Vegetarianism, by William Harris, M.D.
Besides, my original statement was a a light response to your remark about taking your wife out for a steak dinner. Then 316what responded with a remark about women wanting meat, with sexual innuendo, and I responded with relevant scientific info regarding female sex drive and meat consumption. At that point, I wasn't really responding to your initial remark anymore.

Low Protein and Sex Drive

The amount of protein that a vegetarian consumes can play a major role in their sex drive, or lack thereof. If you do not get enough protein, there is a chance that you may not be able to "get in the mood" due to a body chemical that is produced. To prevent this from being a problem for you as a vegetarian, the best thing that you can do is find alternate means of protein. Tofu, wheat gluten, and low-fat dairy products are all known to provide the body with protein levels.

:D:D:D:D

LOTRFan are you Mines_of_Moria on ebay? I was gonna bid on that punisher, sorry I didn't get around to it. Then again, did I still have to pay shipping?

Well now that you mention it, it has been proven that meat consumption increases aggressiveness in human beings, and hence anti-social behavior, or a general increase in inconsiderate acts towards other human beings. Studies have been done on prisoners, and they have found that putting them on a vegetarian diet reduces in prison violence substantially.
Based on this, and the element of inconsiderateness towards others involved in scalping, and the general attitude of dog eat dog that is involved in the scalping practice, it is not unreasonable to postulate that meat consumption may indeed increase the likelihood of scalping.
That theory is of course unproven at this time, but is far from dis proven. You asked. :rolleyes:

Look at the position of out eyes, our teeth and the build of our bodies... we're f'n predators and we were intended to hunt and eat meat!!!!!!

Back