Eastbound & Down

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just caught up on this season, YEESH :google

This is some dark dark dark dark comedy. Its in the extreme outer reaches of I would ever really expect to see in comedy. Its brilliant though. Absolutely brilliant.

I like how the show has been making me question while watching each episode whehter it's still taking itself seriously, or just going to finally cross all the way over into a Tim and Eric type of thing. Particularly with the funeral and the Shaefer Plantations which were pretty over the top but manage to have a really dark sense that keeps it just grounded enough. I really have no idea how this show is going to end, it's refreshing.

It's over and needs to stay over.

It was great and funny but Kenny's story has come full circle and it's time to move on.

I also liked the way they ended it, particularly the question April posed, couldn't they have just gone with him to the majors. It was funny because you could tell it was something that never even crossed his mind until just then but at the same time he knew the fame would have only restarted the entire process of drug use, whoring and ultimately losing it all again anyway. Which is exactly why theres nowhere else to take the show.

the Series needs to be done, but they need to close it out with a movie next year IMO.... :monkey1

awesome news, but Im really surprised. Apparently HBO has been hitting them up for more than a 3rd season for awhile, but they didnt really want to do it.
I guess KP couldnt resist the dolla dolla billz.....

Hm. I like when stories end. Even stories I love. It stops them from becoming stupid, like Dexter. :(

I'm on the fence about this, but heck, it's more of Kenny Powers. You can't go wrong there. :lol

In fact, it wouldn't be like Kenny just to go out on top. Milk this for all it's worth, I say!

I just feel like it ended perfectly.

However...Daddy Kenny might be a good angle. I'd say don't go the fame route. Let him be a mundane daddy. :lol

I just feel like it ended perfectly.

However...Daddy Kenny might be a good angle. I'd say don't go the fame route. Let him be a mundane daddy. :lol

Oh, I agree. I'm really happy the way it ended. But seriously, it would almost be out of character not to milk this story for everything it has.

Still, with all of that said, I am a little surprised the writers and everyone are on-board. I really felt this would be one of those situations where they'd leave well enough alone. Not that I don't trust the entertainment value of what could be, but it's going to be difficult to top, IMO.

Back