Eagle vs Fellbeast Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it looks ok to me.

here's mine.

5473384E-B410-4558-9D65-3EE8079A6109-2495-000003890F9D32B4.jpg

EEAF6BD7-43C3-4964-8FE2-829574E5ACF7-2495-0000038909A25BA1.jpg

AB7B664E-2765-40E9-9BD6-8CC367AF6E61-2495-00000389032EEDDE.jpg

No pictures so you must take my word for it - mine looks the same way. And imo this is the best lotr diorama. Buy it and you won't regret it if you're a lotr fan.

So it's actually quite common that the Eagle isn't standing/flying totally up straight when you look at it at front? When I look at your pictures tnaig001 or this one for example

https://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd214/SquiderM3/Nikon D3/Sideshow/DSC_1476.jpg

it seems like the Eagles wings are way more on the same height because it doesn't hang over to the right as much as the one on 'my' pictures. On the contrary, the paintjob on the one I'm intending to buy does looks quite good to me, but it's a lot of money for me so it's a kinda hard decision. I'm afraid it will start to annoy me after a while, knowing that there are ones out there that have a 'straighter' eagle, as it was intended to be, and that 'mine' is not the way it's supposed to be. It's a great statue and I don't want that to happen. On the other hand I'm afraid I might be overreacting on this, which would be stupid because it's a great piece and I don't have many affordable ones coming by around here :gah:

So I just had a closer look at mine (yes it is a awesome dio, one of the best SS ever made) and the Eagle isn't totally straight, it does lean a bit to one side, so that is normal.

Having said that, based on the pics you have shown Sleis, that one does seem to lean a bit more then mine and what I think is normal. Now it could be the photo's or it could be that the Eagle isn't sitting correctly in the pin hole on the nazgul tail.

Tnaig001, for some reason I only just realised how great your first picture is. Nice angle, makes especially the eagle very alive and dynamic.

That's what I thought as well theguru. I think the Eagle might be turnable a bit, but not movable further in it's position: the position of the pin or the hole in the tail is probably not put in straight enough by Sideshow and I don't think there's anything to do about unless you have a proffessional bent the pin for you or something, but you guys who have it know this probably better than me: the eagle can be turned but not moved around any other way right? I thought turning probably wouldn't solve the problem 'cause the position of the eagle would stay quite the same, but having that said, I've asked the seller if he would turn the Eagle somewhat for me and he did, and here are some of the new pictures:

IMG_1192_zps4a75bf8c.jpg

IMG_1190_zps64fc03e8.jpg

IMG_1193_zpsd97de3c0.jpg

IMG_1194_zpsbac8051f.jpg

IMG_1191_zps731c6137.jpg

IMG_1196_zps6c37139b.jpg

For some reason I do think it looks better this way? Eagle seems to be facing almost the same point but does look to stand a bit straighter. Or is it just the camera angles that make it look better?

By the way, according to the standerds of you who have it, does the paintjob on this one look good? I've read a lot about horrible paintjobs but this looks quite good to me. I'm afraid there might be a change that if I turn this one down, I might get an other one with a straighter eagle but with a worse paintjob or some other flaw or something you know?

Even based on those pics, I still think the eagle is maybe leaning a bit more to one side then is 'normal', but I don't know that it's a huge amount or would really matter all that much, especially if you only have one and hence got nothing else live to compare it with.

As for the paint work, its hard to really tell with flash photo's, but for the most part it all looks fine and I think in general all of these where pretty good anyway.

Assuming that nothing is broken, etc and your getting a pretty fair price (keeping in mind this isn't small and the box is fair large as well), then I'd say go for it.

Given how fine and fragile some of this is, make sure to have it insured for the full amount, even tho its packaging is a marvel in engineering, some delivery people like playing football.

Bought it. It's too cool not to buy it :) I will display it from the side anyway and from the side I rather like the sight of it leaning a bit, looks like it just flew in from a curve or something. Meaning, I will display it if I find the space for it: I thought my cabinets were 50 cm deep, appears that I've been stupid and they're just above 30. Might have to move stuff around a bit but that's no problem for this beauty :) thanks for your advice and words of wisdom guys!

The wingspan on this one is huge, 22" all round, so you'll need to have plenty of room. Congrats on the buy, it is a great piece!

Yes, the Fell Beast has a hell of a wingspan, and while the footprint of the base alone isn't too big, the overall space it uses is pretty large.

But having said that, it's so worth it, it looks great, so well done.

One of my favorites pieces in my collection.

I have mine displayed with the eagle on the left side.

Just checked and my eagle is definitely turned at an angle as well.

Tnaig001, for some reason I only just realised how great your first picture is. Nice angle, makes especially the eagle very alive and dynamic.

That's what I thought as well theguru. I think the Eagle might be turnable a bit, but not movable further in it's position: the position of the pin or the hole in the tail is probably not put in straight enough by Sideshow and I don't think there's anything to do about unless you have a proffessional bent the pin for you or something, but you guys who have it know this probably better than me: the eagle can be turned but not moved around any other way right? I thought turning probably wouldn't solve the problem 'cause the position of the eagle would stay quite the same, but having that said, I've asked the seller if he would turn the Eagle somewhat for me and he did, and here are some of the new pictures:

IMG_1192_zps4a75bf8c.jpg

IMG_1190_zps64fc03e8.jpg

IMG_1193_zpsd97de3c0.jpg

IMG_1194_zpsbac8051f.jpg

IMG_1191_zps731c6137.jpg

IMG_1196_zps6c37139b.jpg

For some reason I do think it looks better this way? Eagle seems to be facing almost the same point but does look to stand a bit straighter. Or is it just the camera angles that make it look better?

By the way, according to the standerds of you who have it, does the paintjob on this one look good? I've read a lot about horrible paintjobs but this looks quite good to me. I'm afraid there might be a change that if I turn this one down, I might get an other one with a straighter eagle but with a worse paintjob or some other flaw or something you know?

thanks for the compliments.

Sad to say, its just a phone camera picture.

I don't think you can go wrong with this piece if its close to retail price.

Alternatively you can also get the ML with fell beast.

I think it's a better representation of the fell beast.

But if you want eagles, then go for this or wait for stuff from The Hobbit. :wink1:

Haha so we could say you are a natural when it comes to making good pictures, even with a camera phone :)

I've been wanting this for quite some time now, about since it came out around 2008 if I'm correct, but it was always a bit above my budget. Slowely got a bit cheaper here last year and since a while it's been going for prices I can afford, so I'm very happy I finally got the chance to get it.

I do also have the SSW Fell Beast with Morgul Lord statue, which is indeed also great and one of my favorites, but of course, one can never have enough Fell Beast in ones collection :)

With some luck it will be here tomorrow, looking foward to it a lot, hope it will arive in one (or actually three) whole piece(s) :panic:

Check-out the Trading Grounds over on The Shadow and Flame forums.
A seller there is offering this for €295 - but has restrictions on shipping from Holland.

Back