Eagle vs Fellbeast Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isildur's bane

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Eagle vs fellbeast diorama preview is going to be in Thursday's Newsletter as mentioned in the Podcast. Can't wait to see what it looks like :rock:rock

Edit: Added preview pic
012408fellbeastveagle.jpg

Last edited:
Um, we saw what it looks like... kinda.

I hoped for a picture in the podcast, but no luck. And the preorder won't be for nine more days, so no need to get our pants atwitter just yet.

there is already a picture of this in protorype form, no paint.

Looks good so far.

Kinda hoped they'd show the picture today and have it up for preorder Thursday.

But nooo -- apparently we now have two stages of joshing about a preorder before it actually happens. Oh well.

(Did I just write "joshing"? :monkey1 )

Looking forward to seeing what the final piece looks like, and the price tag.

Looking forward to seeing what the final piece looks like, and the price tag.

Where's Karma when we need him? That guy always seems to have access to SS's production pic's before the rest of us get to see them. I imagine the price with be somewhere in the $349 area.

I could see that price honestly if its as big as it looks. I'm thinking $300-$325.

I'd certainly prefer $300-$325 but this piece appears [at least to me] to be really big,... larger than both the Helm's Deep and the Saruman dio's. I guess we'll know for sure in about a week.

And the Alien Diorama is just $150, and it's bigger than it looks.

Look -- this isn't huge:

010308prodblog.jpg

Really, it's no bigger than the Alien in the diorama, albeit with wings.

And you can't just double the price because it's two characters, as lots of costs stay the same.

I'm having a hard time justifying $300 (or even $270) for the DOTF dio, and anything over $300 for this piece would break the deal for me -- or make me resort to eBay.

Dude, I'm not getting this if it's in the $349 area.

What's too much is too much.

That would be expensive, but for someone who wants to add a fell beast to their LOTR collection it's still cheaper than paying the secondary price for the original Weta statue...and as an added bonus you get an eagle as well :D

And the Alien Diorama is just $150, and it's bigger than it looks.

Look -- this isn't huge:

010308prodblog.jpg

Really, it's no bigger than the Alien in the diorama, albeit with wings.

And you can't just double the price because it's two characters, as lots of costs stay the same.

I'm having a hard time justifying $300 (or even $270) for the DOTF dio, and anything over $300 for this piece would break the deal for me -- or make me resort to eBay.

Well you could be right, obviously the wings [both FB and Eagle]are going to give the dio the illusion of being larger than it really is, but I think the complexity of the design itself could play a role in the final price as well. Obviously the cheaper it is, the better....just not holding my breath in hopes of a price break on this one.

Well, I do have the original Fell Beast and Morgul Lord statue...

And I love it to bits, so I'm in no hurry to get the prone version. It's the eagle I want, but, again, for a reasonable price.

Back