Eagle vs Fellbeast Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, there are multiple reasons. Paintjob mostly.

But a SSW-base would have pulled me over, and brought back the magic of that good old time...

Dont let THAT bethe only reason to not get this....I was a bit miffed that the base was not the same BUT I mean just sitting down here looking at my collection and I cant see the detailing on the base from a chair so......
As ar as the paint, dont reply on the pics, they all look different, and the paint job is NOT that bad to send it back, no where near the crap that Theoden was, NO WHERE NEAR!!

Trust me here, I have been hard on SS in the past and I actually HATe the other cartoony Dios, BUT this is one bad a$$ MF!!:horror:D It is worth every penny and it even encouraged me to order the Gan/Rog Dio!!! Go with your gut you wont be sorry.....

Anything specific about the paintjob, because I'd have a seriously hard time faulting mine. In fact the more I look at it, the more I keep wondering just how they did paint it all, must have been one hell of a job, to the point that I can understand why its a $300 statue.

No matter how good the pics are things always look better in person. Well, almost always I guess I should say. This one makes another nice addition to this series which is really an excellent series. I've been quite pleased with all of them so far and I think are on par with anything from the SSW line.

Josh....I think you will really regret passing off the Fellbeast/Gwaihir dio. (And you know it.) I can understand cancellilng the Balrog/Gandy one...you've already got the Daddy Rog so it wouldn't be too hard to give up. But Fellbeast/Gwaihir.....just hang on. I think it's one of those that might achieve "grail" status.

Josh....I think you will really regret passing off the Fellbeast/Gwaihir dio. (And you know it.) I can understand cancellilng the Balrog/Gandy one...you've already got the Daddy Rog so it wouldn't be too hard to give up. But Fellbeast/Gwaihir.....just hang on. I think it's one of those that might achieve "grail" status.

Yeah, I think I will too. So I'm holding off doing anything with it till I really make a firm decision. I may still get the GTG vs Balrog if things look like I can swing it. I'm considering a couple options on that.

i really am tempted by this piece (know my wifes not keen though) How are you all displaying it? I would like to do it with the Nazguls wings facing into the back of a billy ikea bookcase, how long is this piece, from eagles back to Nazguls wing tips?
is the nazgul the same scale as the SSW fell beast or bigger?

At the moment, I have it sitting on top of a cupboard. So yes, finding a good spot to display it is a problem, but in this case, its a problem well worth solving.

To give you some idea of its "area" size, see attached image.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not but this is on the gift card list now. So now is a great time to use any high $$ gift cards.

especially to those in Australia that pre-ordered locally and never got it due to sideshow only sending half of the requested shipment down here.

Mind you, I suspect they would be feeling something other then sad right now.

A little late I guess, but I've finalised a couple of photo's of mine so figured I'd share. I still really love this statue.

3162625498_f93a22071c_o.jpg

3162625508_21ce26cf9e_o.jpg

I'm terribly sorry for upping such an old topic, but I'm quite new here and I wasn't sure if I should make a whole new topic for my little question...

I've been looking for a chance of buying this dio for quite some time now and now I found one that seems to be ok. The only thing I noticed when the guy selling it sent me pictures of it, is that the eagle is very (how do you call that in english) awry? skew? (says the translation machine) compared to the fell beast. I looks like it hangs a bit to much to the right, like it doesn't stand straight enough. I think it's supposed to look like it came flying in with a curve, but this seems to be a bit to much curvy compared to the pics from Sideshow and the pictures I've seen around here. I think it doesn't look bad from the side and the back but in frontpictures it may be quite disturbing.

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

My question: do any of you have this also with their dio? Is it really not standing straight enough or am I paranoid? In short: buy or not to buy?

Back