Dying to know about the Dr Doom PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Doom PF worth 2K? I think the simple answer is the Doom PF is as much as someone is willing to pay for it. One person may feel it is worth that much and therefore is willing to part with 2k whereas another will think its worth maybe half that. I am a massive Doom fan but would never part with 2K for the PF, its just way too much imo....but i would part with 2K for the Doom LSF.

Anyway, as some of you may know, i managed to pick up the Doom PF abt a month ago for $900 and here is a quick video of my Doom display :clap

[ame]https://youtu.be/aV6fgPddK8k[/ame]

I wouldn't pay 2K for it but there's no doubting it's a beautiful statue. I would prefer to get to LSF over the PF personally but that's just me.

Oh & it's 2K because no one wants to sell it :)

Though i do think its a top notch piece I agree 2k is too much for any PF. Only if you have serious money to burn should you get this. Otherwise just order new statues(4 of em for what u would pay for a doom pf!).

:exactly:

I could afford the Doom PF, it's just that I can't justify it when I can get 3 or 4 great statues for the same price (and I'm not a the biggest Doom fan around...cool character, but for me, not 2k cool). I recently bought a Thor PF, Wolverine PF, and Venom Com for pretty much the same $ as a Doom PF. I like the Doom, but I'd rather have the three I got.

That said, if you were a huge Doom fan, I could see dropping the cash on this one, because it is an epic looking piece.

Last edited:
I agree paying secondary prices like that is nuts. Personally I would never do it.

yeah the price it's at now is a bit high imo, but its worth what the market will bear. though I didn't get mine at retail, I did manage to get him for way less than the going rate and at that time I thought I was crazy....:cuckoo:

Pfff it's all hype there are better pf's out there in my opinion and the bubble will burst on this one day :monkey1

Pfff it's all hype there are better pf's out there in my opinion and the bubble will burst on this one day :monkey1

In the mean time the prices for one of these just keeps going up every year. Even when the time comes when I stop collecting these statues. This is going to be one of the few that I keep with me for a life time. I love this piece that much!

This is probably the one Marvel piece I wouldn't sell unless I really had too, it's heavy the detail especially on the back of Throne is unbelievable. When I have my new room done he will have a mirrored background so you can enjoy all the statue.

When I first started collecting and joined the freaks board, the big names always throw around were Doom PF, Hulk PF, Thor PF, Cap PF and occasionally the Spidey PF. They were also consistently highly priced and sought after. I always thought as SS grew, release more pieces, and revisit these characters, the demand for these pieces would drop.

However, the opposite seems to be happening. The only piece I can think of is the Spidey Comiquette stealing the Spidey PF's thunder. I don't hear much about the others anymore but Doom PF is the one piece that is never forgotten and always highly spoken of. I don't own any of these old school SS pieces but I can sort of grasp what it must be like to witness one of these pieces in person. Hopefully one day, I can own one of these pieces that made SS who they are today.

this one deserves a mirror... one thing I don't like about it is its so heavy. I think I paid too much for shipping and its too hard to move around.

Don't forget how beautifully detailed the sculpt is & how the paint application is perfectly done. Such a horrible combination! :lol

I wonder if the people who are saying it's only worth 700-1k tops have owned one?

When I got into this hobby I was on that side, I couldn't see myself paying more than 500 bucks for Doom. Now that I own him, if you can get him anywhere in the 1.5k range (and can afford to do so of course), I think you should. Easily the best statue I have in my collection; pictures do it no justice, amazing sculpt, paint, perfect mixed media usage.

Back